SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 04, 2013, 09:26 AM
USA, NY, Brooklyn
Joined Jan 2002
1,831 Posts
Cool
Best FPV monitor!? Lilliput 664/W 7" Made for FPV with 5.8ghz 1280x800 Intelligent HD

Now that I placed my order and am guaranteed delivery of this new monitor I will share it with you guys.
I found the Lilliput 664/w on lilliputs website and on amazon. Its a little expensive at $315 but I think its worth it.
***Using the Amex/Amazon deal it will cost you $202.74 (no tax, and free shipping, at least for me)
***EDIT: AMAZON/AMEX Deal may be OVER, DEAD, too many people have done it already... Check slickdeals link below....

First of all, you need to know that this monitor does upscaling (Lilliput Intelligent HD), which most of the cheapo fpv lcd screens do not do, or do very poorly.

Its specs are as follows:
7 Inch
IPS panel 178° wide viewing angles,
High resolution: 1280×800,
High brightness: 400cd/㎡,
High contrast: 800:1,
Faster response time,
Wide voltage: DC 7-24V,
5.8GHz wireless receiver,
Slim & portable design.
NO BLUE SCREEN.
HDMI INPUT AND OUTPUT, of course it also has AV input

Different 5.8ghz frequencies are available. I found 2 different ones on amazon from the same seller.
He did have 10% off and $5 off on cyber Monday, but now only has $10 off.
A guy that flys fpv at the park I fly at uses an older Lilliput and its pretty impressive (except that it does blue screen, unlike this one), this should be even more impressive.

I'm excited that it has such a high resolution and is small enough that I can mount it directly on my transmitter, Lilliput seems to have decent "upscaling", as in turning the 640x480 video picture into a nicer 1280x800 picture (they use a cpu or gpu to calculate missing pixels and make the picture look even better than the source actually provides). Expensive HD TVs like a series 8 or 9 Samsung do this really well, and you will definitely notice it on the Lilliput, I have.

lilliputs link: http://www.lilliput.com/monitor/prod...&ProName=664/W

amazon link for fatshark/immersionrc: http://www.amazon.com/Lilliput-664-M...lliput+664%2Fw

amazon link for 5.8ghz channels that end with 5, such as 5805: http://www.amazon.com/Lilliput-664-W...lliput+664%2Fw
but I would double check with the seller that the channels are correct for this one.

Amex/Amazon Offer (DEAD?), Slickdeals, AmexBP:
If you guys don't already know. You can use the amex twitter thing for amazon to get $25 statement credit from amex when you spend $75 on amazon. So sign up each and every one of your amex cards and sign up for the deal and get yourself a bunch of amazon egift cards. (I managed to get myself 7 of the $75 gift cards, so I pretty much will get 33% off for buying the Lilliput monitor, or anything else on amazon) Chase also has the 5% cashback quarter when you shop at amazon (if you don't have enough amex credit cards) and also discovercard has 5% cashback quarter when you shop online.
Here is the whole slickdeals thread with detailed info: http://slickdeals.net/f/6509526-amer...count-required

and don't forget to sign up for the amex bp deal, $5 statement credit for $25 paid at pump EACH time (but many gas pumps wont let you buy multiple times the same day with the same credit card, so use it once a day or use different BP stations), for those of you who drive to their flying fields.
KillerCut is offline Find More Posts by KillerCut
Last edited by KillerCut; Dec 04, 2013 at 11:46 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2013, 04:46 PM
bacon and eggs
United States, FL, West Palm Beach
Joined May 2013
1,060 Posts
can you buy one of these pigs without a receiver ? I already have a great RX - TX setup
remvideo is offline Find More Posts by remvideo
Old Dec 10, 2013, 05:32 PM
Joined Nov 2013
3 Posts
Yea you can.
http://www.amazon.com/Lilliput-663-M...pr_product_top
You should still check to make sure if this has the "no blue screen" feature. That might be only on the W version. I do DSLR video and this monitor seems like the perfect choice as a field monitor for shoulder rigs and jibs too. Honestly its so good its almost overkill for aerial video.
Varium is offline Find More Posts by Varium
Old Feb 01, 2014, 07:21 PM
Registered Offender
United States, FL, Gulf Breeze
Joined Apr 2008
2,567 Posts
anyone know what the optional channels mean?
I have a vtx on different channels than the default
am I sol?

I have vtx for 5865, 5845, 5825, 5805, 5785, 5765, 5745, 5725
gatorb8 is online now Find More Posts by gatorb8
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My First FPV experience
Old Feb 21, 2014, 01:37 PM
United States, GA, Lilburn
Joined Feb 2014
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorb8 View Post
anyone know what the optional channels mean?
I have a vtx on different channels than the default
am I sol?
I have just got one with Fatshark/Immersion freq. that end in zero. This one. The manual isn't very good and only has minimal info regarding channels. I think perhaps they have several models with different channels and they just call one of those their 'default'. I've attached the page blow. There is also a sticker on the case with the supported freq. warning it will not work with others, so they've had some confusion. Unfortunately I've been unable to get a signal from my 600 mW transmitter on my Phantom 2 yet. I've read there have been issues with the 600, but not the 250, so I will try one of those and see. But the picture from my DSLR is great on it.

If anyone else has something about this please post.

JoeLena is offline Find More Posts by JoeLena
Old Feb 21, 2014, 01:55 PM
Joined Oct 2012
2,164 Posts
I think you are out of luck with that monitor and a phantom.

These are the phantom 2 channels

CH1-5705MHZ, CH2-5685MHZ, CH3-5665MHZ, CH4-5645MHZ, CH5-5885MHZ, CH6-5905MHZ,
CH7-5925MHZ, and CH8-5945MHZ.

Which would be the "default" setup. The one you have will not work with it.

This is for the "stock" 500mw tx

http://download.dji-innovations.com/...al_v1.0_en.pdf

If there are others, its possible that the frequencies differ, but I really doubt dji has 2 different spectrums, as that would hurt compatibility among their products for no good reason.
bauerbach is offline Find More Posts by bauerbach
Old May 20, 2014, 01:20 AM
United States, CA, Napa
Joined May 2014
69 Posts
Duo to Lilliput 664/W connectivity issue?

I've been using my Fatshark Attitudes and [separately] my Lilliput 664/W, driven by the ImmersionRC 250mW on my phantom 2. Now I have an ImmersionRC Duo v3. It drives the Fatsharks nicely, but "no signal" on the Lilliput 664/W. What am I doing wrong? 3.5mm 4 pole jack cable between Duo and both goggles and screen. No joy on screen.

Kelly
wkf94025 is online now Find More Posts by wkf94025
Old May 20, 2014, 06:10 AM
Registered Offender
United States, FL, Gulf Breeze
Joined Apr 2008
2,567 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wkf94025 View Post
I've been using my Fatshark Attitudes and [separately] my Lilliput 664/W, driven by the ImmersionRC 250mW on my phantom 2. Now I have an ImmersionRC Duo v3. It drives the Fatsharks nicely, but "no signal" on the Lilliput 664/W. What am I doing wrong? 3.5mm 4 pole jack cable between Duo and both goggles and screen. No joy on screen.

Kelly
make sure you are using the video in cable that came with the Lili, I have found it is not compatible with other 4 pole cables. if you mix them up, no joy!

on another note, the receiver in the Lili is "poor" in my opinion. My separate receivers (IRC & goggles) are much much better.
I don't use the Lili internal vRx anymore
gatorb8 is online now Find More Posts by gatorb8
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My First FPV experience