HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 14, 2013, 06:46 AM
Joined Nov 2013
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
My final setup ...

Great setup ... i'd like to make the same !

Can you take some more shoot ? I'd like to see which wire you use, did you had to soldering something ?

I'd like a shopping list ! I know I have to buy AVL58 with spyro antenna, iOSD mini, but which cable do I need (Phantom 2 + zenmuse + gopro 3) ?
damienbern is offline Find More Posts by damienbern
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2013, 10:08 AM
United States, VA, Warrenton
Joined May 2007
481 Posts
Soldering not really required

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietRiot View Post
If the P2 is more less designed around the H3-2D and the GoPro's live video feed feature, why would soldering still be required if the whole design is for FPV in the first place??
Soldering is not really required. Four wires need to be connected and is dependent on which FPV system you have. Directions come with particular FPV system. Correct wires can be twisted together and a small wire-nut (gray 3/8 inch) twisted over each connection. Small gray wire-nuts are available at most hardware stores. Makes for a quick easy to change installation.

I am an electrical engineer and not really adverse to soldering. The above is a quick easy way to do it without soldering though.

Jim K.
Jimcking is offline Find More Posts by Jimcking
Old Dec 14, 2013, 11:44 AM
Middle Aged Kid
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Nov 2013
345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
My final setup ...

sidneyw how did you adhere the AVL58 TX to the bottom of the Phantom? looks like the same way Chris did with double sided foam tape?
Lantz is offline Find More Posts by Lantz
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Phantom 2 Zenmuse Mount Option
Old Dec 14, 2013, 11:49 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,804 Posts
I use the 3M double sided outside tape, the grey stuff with the red plastic covering. It works great!
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Dec 14, 2013, 11:57 AM
Middle Aged Kid
Joined Nov 2013
345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
I use the 3M double sided outside tape, the grey stuff with the red plastic covering. It works great!
Ok sounds like the way to go.
Thanks Ed
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 14, 2013, 11:59 AM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
11,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tahoe Ed View Post
I use the same great stuff
blade strike is offline Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Pilot App *BETA* Overview
Old Dec 14, 2013, 12:10 PM
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,889 Posts
Merry Xmas. For the rest of Dec. all Phantom 2 and Phantom 2 / H3-2d will ship with FREE express (1 day) shipping. I'll have a new banner posted by Monday.

UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Old Dec 14, 2013, 12:44 PM
Germany, HE, Darmstadt
Joined Aug 2013
452 Posts
I just realized that the mini iosd screen on the picture above looking totally different, not only the battery symbol but many key features are missing! Like which mode you are in (att/gps), kompass status, decending/ climbing bar etc.. instead you obviously see useless gopro information. That would be a shame, thats annoying. The mini iosd is going crazy on this picture, there is a single V on the top right, what does that mean? Or is that the V from the former Voltage number on the left? It seems it is full with bugs
Daninho is offline Find More Posts by Daninho
Last edited by Daninho; Dec 14, 2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old Dec 14, 2013, 12:47 PM
Joined Dec 2013
54 Posts
First of all I apologize for my scholastic english, but I really need some infos about the Phantom 2 (not VISION) I am going to preorder on monday here in Italy: that's a real dream for me, and it will be my very first quad.

As I want to buy it with the H3-2D sold in bundle, will I be able to mount a compact camera, or micro-camera different from the Go-PRO 3 on it? And is that gimbal only for the HERO 3...or could I also consider the HERO 3+?
I read something about a focus issue on the HERO 3+...I think I should better buy the previous version, even if after a few time...while I am Learning to fly the P2 at my best. Any advises for this noob?

Never had a GP before, never a gimbal...and never anything like a Phantom
DoctorFrag is offline Find More Posts by DoctorFrag
Old Dec 14, 2013, 12:50 PM
United States, MI, Goodrich
Joined Mar 2004
3,889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorFrag View Post
First of all I apologize for my scholastic english, but I really need some infos about the Phantom 2 (not VISION) I am going to preorder on monday here in Italy: that's a real dream for me, and it will be my very first quad.

As I want to buy it with the H3-2D sold in bundle, will I be able to mount a compact camera, or micro-camera different from the Go-PRO 3 on it? And is that gimbal only for the HERO 3...or could I also consider the HERO 3+?
I read something about a focus issue on the HERO 3+...I think I should better buy the previous version, even if after a few time...while I am Learning to fly the P2 at my best. Any advises for this noob?

You can ONLY mount the GoPro 3 or 3+ in the H3-2d gimbal.
UAVProducts is offline Find More Posts by UAVProducts
Old Dec 14, 2013, 12:50 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
11,122 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorFrag View Post

The h3-2d only accepts a gopro 3 or 3+. I have also read about the focus issue but I think it has been resolved. I double check that information and then make your decision.
blade strike is offline Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Pilot App *BETA* Overview
Old Dec 14, 2013, 01:33 PM
United States, VA, Warrenton
Joined May 2007
481 Posts
Phantom 2 Assistant

Is there a separate Assistant program for the Phantom 2 vs the Phantom Vision? Can't find an assistant program for the Phantom 2 on DJI Website.

Jim K.
Jimcking is offline Find More Posts by Jimcking
Old Dec 14, 2013, 01:33 PM
Middle Aged Kid
Joined Nov 2013
345 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UAVProducts View Post
Merry Xmas. For the rest of Dec. all Phantom 2 and Phantom 2 / H3-2d will ship with FREE express (1 day) shipping. I'll have a new banner posted by Monday.

I think if Dronefly doesn't get them in on Monday I may cancel and order with you.

Do you have a extra Battery and a set of blades to add to the order.
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 14, 2013, 01:35 PM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
10,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimcking View Post
Is there a separate Assistant program for the Phantom 2 vs the Phantom Vision? Can't find an assistant program for the Phantom 2 on DJI Website.

Jim K.
Yes, we are waiting for it. Only the beta testers have access to the program.
Tahoe Ed is offline Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Landing Gear Reset S800
Old Dec 14, 2013, 01:36 PM
United States, ID, Ketchum
Joined Dec 2003
1,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blade strike View Post
The h3-2d only accepts a gopro 3 or 3+. I have also read about the focus issue but I think it has been resolved. I double check that information and then make your decision.
Not an issue if you retrofit the stock lens with a non-fisheye lens from Sunex (see previous posts for details)
QuietRiot is offline Find More Posts by QuietRiot