HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 13, 2001, 12:58 AM
sacramento, ca.
Joined Aug 2001
94 Posts
Anyone have the Bristol Beaufighter from HL

Just wanted to hear some feed back from someone who has this kit. building, mods, Flight characteristic, power, etc. Thanks
Glenn Samonte is offline Find More Posts by Glenn Samonte
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2001, 04:28 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,311 Posts
Glenn

A beautiful kit - the prebuilt wing is the finest I have ever seen in a kit. If you order one be prepared for a BIIIGGG box- you won't hide this one from the missus. There was a review in EFI back in the spring. I have a video of the editor of EFI flying his version of this kit at Walsall fly-in during the summer. It would be a huge download - certainly more than 10mB - but if you would like to see what she flies like just say the word and I'll capture an AVI and email it to you.

Brian
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Dec 13, 2001, 12:24 PM
The Netherlands, ZH, Boskoop
Joined Mar 2001
1,147 Posts
Glenn,

Sorry, can't help to throw in a plug for the RBC kits Beaufighter, that I had the pleasure of designing for them. Check out www.rbckits.com .
Available in the U.S.A. via EAMC.

Max.
max z is offline Find More Posts by max z
Old Dec 13, 2001, 03:38 PM
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,311 Posts
Max

Off course your Beaufighter is Beau-tiful as well That is a lovely flying shot you have there.

cheers

Brian
Old Dec 14, 2001, 04:42 AM
Innisfil, Ontario, Canada.
Joined Dec 2000
455 Posts
I have looked at the RBC kits Beaufighter as a winter project and it looks really well designed, congratulations Max! What's next?
Airnut 2 is offline Find More Posts by Airnut 2
Last edited by Airnut 2; Dec 14, 2001 at 04:44 AM.
Old Dec 14, 2001, 05:43 AM
Lord Flashheart is sissy!
Braunschweig, Germany
Joined Apr 2001
43 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by leccyflyer
Glenn

It would be a huge download - certainly more than 10mB - but if you would like to see what she flies like just say the word and I'll capture an AVI and email it to you.

Brian
Dear Brian
I would certainly like to see the video. Would you care to post a link here. The large size does not bother.

Regards
Max
Immelmann is offline Find More Posts by Immelmann
Old Dec 14, 2001, 08:58 AM
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,311 Posts
Max

I don't have a website or anywhere to host the video at the moment, so I'm afraid it would have to be attached to an email rather than as a link. I'll capture the video later on today and let you know how big a file it will be.

cheers

Brian
Old Dec 14, 2001, 07:16 PM
sacramento, ca.
Joined Aug 2001
94 Posts
Thanks for the info guys, my favorite plane to fly right know is the Kavan Partenavia. So I want to try another twin. Max, your kit looks great! Now I really want one. but don't want to tackle a kit from the ground up. I remember building a couple kits( rubber power) when I was a teen. They looked ok till I covered them. I CAN"T COVER. So I don't want to spend alot of time I don't have building it only to ruin it when it came time to cover it.
So I'd have to go with HL's kit. Sorry Max. Thanks again
Glenn Samonte is offline Find More Posts by Glenn Samonte
Old Jan 07, 2002, 09:14 AM
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,311 Posts
Sorry chaps I never managed to get the file downloaded in the run-up to Christmas. Anyhow I've done it now - it's 9.5mB, three minutes long, that is the complete flight, no sound. If anyone would like it emailed to them just let me know and I will cc it to those interested.

cheers

Brian
Old Jan 08, 2002, 11:47 AM
canada
Joined Sep 2000
478 Posts
Hello,
What motors and prop do you use for your plane? Is it the stock motor and the 3 blabe prop?
thanks
chrisc is offline Find More Posts by chrisc