SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 27, 2013, 01:45 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jun 2011
138 Posts
Discussion
FMS P-51 V8 is out!

Features:
- Precision Scale And High Performance Aircraft.
- With New Plastic Cowling, Slide Canopy & Pilot Figure Installed.
- With New Version Sequencer Restoring The Real Plane Retract.
- With New Version Electric Retract Main Gear With Metal Suspension Leg & Wheel Installed.
- With Electric Retract Tail Landing Gear And Gear Door System Installed.
- With Led Lights Set Installed
- With High Quality Metal Gear Servo ( Except Flat Servo ) Installed.
- With New Battery Tray Making It Easy To Install Battery.

- With Scale Fuel Tank Part Include.
- Suitable For Beginner To Advance Pilot.

http://rc-castle.com/shop/product_in...oducts_id=3371

http://rc-castle.com/shop/product_in...oducts_id=3370
IceRain29 is offline Find More Posts by IceRain29
Last edited by IceRain29; Nov 27, 2013 at 02:09 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 27, 2013, 03:13 AM
Taranis Tyro...
United Kingdom, England, Hitchin
Joined Jan 2004
3,903 Posts
Are those pics of an older version on RC Castle? If not I don't think the new sequencer is up to much...
MattyB is offline Find More Posts by MattyB
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: EFX Racer
Old Nov 27, 2013, 03:19 AM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Jun 2011
138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyB View Post
Are those pics of an older version on RC Castle? If not I don't think the new sequencer is up to much...
idk, it suppose to come with the new landing gear strut. i'm not sure about the new sequencer
they just list it few hours ago, so they might used the old v7.5 pics
IceRain29 is offline Find More Posts by IceRain29
Old Nov 27, 2013, 05:06 AM
Most people are stupid!
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Oct 2011
3,932 Posts
I love Rc-castle, but where does he get off advertising this as a beginner plane? I've never understood that.

And why the hell did they release a version 8 when they have a billion other planes they keep promising to release but always get delayed.
dambit is offline Find More Posts by dambit
Old Nov 27, 2013, 08:57 AM
Comin' in HOT!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Dec 2012
2,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyB View Post
Probably an old pic . The new sequencer does close the doors when the gear is down.

Also saw this: "- ESC: 70A Brushless ESC With 5A SBEC (Installed)". Probably the same one now used in the Strega and other 4s Reno Racers.
tdford is offline Find More Posts by tdford
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 90mm F-18 v2
Old Nov 27, 2013, 09:33 AM
Warbird Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jan 2008
5,424 Posts
except for the 70A esc on this V8,.... I don't see much difference between the V7 I recently bought from Motion that already had the new sequencer ( inner doors up with the wheels down), sliding battery tray and canopy ???
LICobra is offline Find More Posts by LICobra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FMS P-51 4 blade vs 2 blade
Old Nov 27, 2013, 10:31 AM
Field of Dreams Flyer
San Pedro,Ca
Joined Sep 2004
9,124 Posts
Its just a upgraded V7.5 , no need to call it a V8 . I wish they would upgrade the scale of the fuse and call it a V9 . They have used the same fuse outline since V1 . They should make the fuse look like the 1700mm version
Mikemynameis is online now Find More Posts by Mikemynameis
Old Nov 27, 2013, 10:49 AM
Warbird Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jan 2008
5,424 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemynameis View Post
Its just a upgraded V7.5 , no need to call it a V8 . I wish they would upgrade the scale of the fuse and call it a V9 . They have used the same fuse outline since V1 . They should make the fuse look like the 1700mm version
If I'd have to guess....I'd say it's about marketing and what distributor has the latest version. and who will get the Holiday sales.

From the website pics posted I did notice that FMS has come back with that goofy looking spinner with the 2 large cutouts for a 2 blade.

The shape of the fuse doesn't bother me, I guess im so use to looking at since my first V2...
LICobra is offline Find More Posts by LICobra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FMS P-51 4 blade vs 2 blade
Old Nov 28, 2013, 06:19 PM
Medical IT Geek
USA, MN, Rochester
Joined Jul 2007
539 Posts
A new battery tray? Freewing does a much better (IMHO) job with the battery. Will be interesting see if the update to the battery tray allows it to slide farther forward. The LED light system is nice to have done at the factory, not something I would do. Glad they didn't add a sound system...yet.

The fuse difference between both FMS and Freewing is just interesting, but like LICobra it doesn't bother me either.
Syntax is offline Find More Posts by Syntax
Last edited by Syntax; Nov 28, 2013 at 06:26 PM.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 08:17 PM
Joined Nov 2013
2 Posts
it suppose to come with the new landing gear strut. i'm not sure about the new sequencer
hidenaiyoues is offline Find More Posts by hidenaiyoues
Old Nov 28, 2013, 08:48 PM
Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,343 Posts
On the way to v8 but not yet v8. They're implementing enhancements as they go. I can see why folks would think they are, but there not.

Cool stuff though for sure!
ryramZ is online now Find More Posts by ryramZ
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 29, 2013, 09:25 PM
"Auntie Samantha"
USA, MO, Clever
Joined Dec 2009
4,734 Posts
If you've received a FMS P-51D with the new features eg: Battery tray, new configured tail feather, open intake scoop, PZ-514 E-Tracts, 4mm struts, PAEP motor, and 3 sec. sequencer, then you do have the V8 as now confirmed by Raymond/RC Castle, but hey, I was saying that back in June.

Gary
Sandancer is offline Find More Posts by Sandancer
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2013, 12:48 AM
Your Pilot Ryan
United States, IN, South Bend
Joined Nov 2008
3,343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandancer View Post
If you've received a FMS P-51D with the new features eg: Battery tray, new configured tail feather, open intake scoop, PZ-514 E-Tracts, 4mm struts, PAEP motor, and 3 sec. sequencer, then you do have the V8 as now confirmed by Raymond/RC Castle, but hey, I was saying that back in June.

Gary
I respectfully disagree.
ryramZ is online now Find More Posts by ryramZ
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 30, 2013, 01:52 AM
Joined Aug 2011
37 Posts
I just bought a 7.5 the other day...this sucks. I was a PZ junky.
Hammer3246 is offline Find More Posts by Hammer3246
Old Nov 30, 2013, 06:57 AM
USA, NJ, Red Bank
Joined Sep 2010
227 Posts
I have maybe a dozen of these from V-1 up to V-6 NIB plus Nitroplanes parts close-outs and RC Groups classified ads.........The V-1 I have flying is super with bits of later models installed and a couple of hundred or so flights on it. Easy repairs using imagination and what's lying around.......These things are great.......Anybody try to take a canopy/cockpit section from the B/C model and make that version out of one of these D's?......
eggsplurt is offline Find More Posts by eggsplurt