HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 12, 2001, 09:40 PM
Profiled Interfractionalist
Tacoma,WA USA
Joined Jun 2001
3,989 Posts
We've been tossing these lithium's at work, save 'em ?

I know next to nothing about lithium batteries and we've been tossing these things into the recycle 'batt' box at work.

Just wondering if I should be tossing them in my lunch box instead.

Think they would be any good for light flight ?.

Here's the specs:
2/3 A size(1-5/16X5/8)
15.1 grams
1.7 AHr
# stamped on batt: B9817T 1194
(I have pics of one if it would help)
William A is offline Find More Posts by William A
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2001, 12:53 AM
United States, CO, Longmont
Joined Jul 2001
2,828 Posts
Sure, pictures would help. You could also send me some and I'll test them and publish the graphs and numbers. Do you know the manufacturer?

Regards,
Q
Quacker is offline Find More Posts by Quacker
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 13, 2001, 04:35 AM
high-speed freak
San Jose, CA
Joined Sep 2001
3,863 Posts
1.7Ah at 15 grams, huh? 1.7Ah at .6 oz or so... qualcomm 830's are .88oz for 830mah. what gives? these must be much newer cells... the capacity seems very high... perhaps they are lithium primary cells, not rechargeable? do thy have a brand name? are they in a pack? why are they being tossed out?
opualuan is offline Find More Posts by opualuan
Old Dec 13, 2001, 09:28 AM
Finland
Joined Feb 2001
584 Posts
Forget it

CR17335 for sure. Only good for a blimp or sub-micro flier, and then only as long as there´s any energy left. They are primaries = non-rechargeable.
Petri Nygren is offline Find More Posts by Petri Nygren
Old Dec 13, 2001, 10:45 AM
Profiled Interfractionalist
Tacoma,WA USA
Joined Jun 2001
3,989 Posts
Yes, I beginning to believe that they are what you guy's are calling "primaries". The warning label says "do not recharge".

The one I got here at home, reads 0.0 Volts, 2 days ago when I had to replace it, it read about 2.6 Volts. I'm guessing there junk.

There used as memory backup power for these new 'computer controlled' refrigerated containers.

Here's a pic.
William A is offline Find More Posts by William A
Last edited by William A; Mar 03, 2014 at 03:19 PM.
Old Dec 13, 2001, 01:42 PM
high-speed freak
San Jose, CA
Joined Sep 2001
3,863 Posts
well, if they're for memory backup they're probably not good for more than a few milliamps of drain max current... and they are primaries. I have heard of sneaky ways to 're-charge' primaries but it is really not something you should attempt. even brand new, they would probably be useless for anything more than an led.

oh well... keep looking around... you'll find something else cool eventually
opualuan is offline Find More Posts by opualuan
Old Dec 13, 2001, 02:56 PM
LT
Stavern, Norway
Joined Jun 2001
143 Posts
We use loads of D-size cells made by Electrochem at my job. We consider them bad when they reach a voltage of 3.3V.
If you are handeling any number of these cells make sure you read the instructions on fire/explotion hazard.
We send our bad cells back to the supplier who discharge them completly before final disposal. These cells are not considered to be an enviromental hazard as long as they are discharged. In charged state they are an explotion/fire risk.
LT is offline Find More Posts by LT
Last edited by LT; Dec 13, 2001 at 03:01 PM.