HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 27, 2004, 12:04 PM
Bartlesville, Oklahoma, United States
Joined Jan 2004
124 Posts
first time sturdyboard build questions

I'm about to attempt to build a plane with studyboard for the first time. I'm thinking a SlowStick type of plane. I'll be using the electronics out of my Zagi FIXX for power.

Not having done anything like this before how should I start? How do I know how big the wing should be? I'm thinking I can just guesstimate the fuse length and tail group size based on the wing size, then adjust the CG by repositioning the electronic components? Are there any online plans that can give me at least a starting point?

Also any tips on the use of sturdy board? Which is best white or black? Are there any good online resources detailing construction with this stuff?

I've thought about an UP type plane, though I'm not sure I'm ready to fly it. How do I know how big it should be for the power system I'm planning on using?

Any hits, tips, or suggestion would be appreciated.

Mike
manderson is offline Find More Posts by manderson
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 27, 2004, 12:13 PM
Space Coast USA
Space Coast
Joined Oct 2000
21,187 Posts
sturdy Board needs to be deskinned. Do a search for 'sturdy board peel' and you should find some posts on that topic. For plans, go to http://geocities.com/hoppyfl and scroll down to "and now". It's a nice flying aerobatic stick. Any of the "depron" planes like the 3DX, ultimate, or minifuntana can be built from sturdyboard. All of those plans are free. Search for posts.
hoppy
hoppy is offline Find More Posts by hoppy
Old Feb 27, 2004, 01:57 PM
RPV builder & operator
Canada, QC, Gatineau
Joined Jan 2001
2,303 Posts
http://www.flyelectric.ukgateway.net/indoor.htm
Pierre Audette is offline Find More Posts by Pierre Audette