HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 20, 2013, 12:08 PM
Joined Nov 2013
6 Posts
Discussion
Amazing gyro cut cutting tool!!!!!!!

Check out The amazing new gyro-cut if you haven't already seen one you're missing out. Can be used to cut all sorts of material such as tissue paper card vinyl solar film solar tech and many more is very effective and a neat way of doing it and also much safer to use then A scalpel, available at www.craftyproducts.co.uk for just 12.99!!!! A must have for all model builders can make some really cool stuff! Watch the YouTube demonstration to see for yourself how the 360 degree rotating blade follows your every hand movement cutting whatever shape is needed very effectively!
GYRO-CUT® for Modellers (5 min 36 sec)
Crafty product1 is offline Find More Posts by Crafty product1
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 20, 2013, 02:29 PM
The Junk Man
Jacksonville, Florida
Joined Jul 2006
1,417 Posts
This guy is also spamming the Building Tips thread.

Tom
T_om is offline Find More Posts by T_om
Old Nov 20, 2013, 02:34 PM
Joined Nov 2013
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_om View Post
This guy is also spamming the Building Tips thread.

Tom
Not spamming mate promoting my grand ads invention as many rc plane enthusiasts have found it a very useful tool for there hobby not harming anyone just did 2 posts
Crafty product1 is offline Find More Posts by Crafty product1
Old Nov 20, 2013, 03:31 PM
Nick
United States, AL, Hoover
Joined May 2012
175 Posts
That is one nice looking tool. I gotta have one. Where can we get this in the US?
Nicksbbq is offline Find More Posts by Nicksbbq
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Nicksbbq; Nov 20, 2013 at 03:47 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 10:32 PM
B for Bruce
The 'Wack, BC, Canada
Joined Oct 2002
11,364 Posts
Nick, there's a US phone number given at the end of the video.
BMatthews is offline Find More Posts by BMatthews
Old Nov 21, 2013, 06:50 AM
Nick
United States, AL, Hoover
Joined May 2012
175 Posts
Thanks Bruce. I called the number it was disconnected. It was the old number for Traplet Publications. I guess this video was made while they were still in business as they are now closed but appear to be reopening a store in the USA. I emailed the UK office from their website. I got the response below.
I cut a lot of vinyl, designs and lettering from covering. The old #11 x-acto blade works fine for straight lines but when you start cutting angels, lettering and especially curves using an x-acto is a pain. This tool would make cutting easier. I have showed it to three of my modeling buddies and they all want one.
I'm going to place an order for some Gyro Cuts and some replacement blades if anybody wants one added to my order just send me a PM.
Nick

Hi Nick,

Thanks for your inquiry regarding our GYRO-CUT craft & hobby tool. We are in the process of setting up a distributor in the US called Traplet Publications. They publish some of the leading model airplane magazines in the UK, USA, South Africa and Australia. It will be a while before they are ready to start selling GYRO-CUT's in the US, so in the meantime please visit our website at www.craftyproducts.co.uk if you would like to place an order.

The total shipping cost for 3 x GYRO-CUT's and 3 x replacement blade packs will be GBP6.00 (approximately USD9.00).

In the UK we demonstrate the product at all of the major model air shows and we always struggle to keep up with demand!!! GYRO-CUT is perfect for cutting all of the covering materials used for model airplanes including iron on vinyl, sticky back vinyl trim, tissue paper, and masking materials.
GYRO-CUT was invented by my dad
I hope you will decide to place and order and wish you many hours of creative fun with our products.

Kind regards,

Noel Harvey
Crafty Products
Nicksbbq is offline Find More Posts by Nicksbbq
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2013, 12:42 PM
Aurora Municipal, Illinois, United States
Joined Jul 2002
1,581 Posts
This isn't a new tool. Swivel knives have been around for decades. We used to use them to cut masking films before plotters took over. I think Xcel and Xacto still make a couple of different models.
bullseye000 is online now Find More Posts by bullseye000
Old Nov 21, 2013, 09:10 PM
Canada
Joined Nov 2000
7,002 Posts
Like this ?
http://www.xacto.com/products/cuttin...e-%281%29.aspx
Bare is offline Find More Posts by Bare
Old Aug 21, 2014, 03:33 PM
Joined Jun 2014
3 Posts
GYRO-CUT craft & hobby tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullseye000 View Post
This isn't a new tool. Swivel knives have been around for decades. We used to use them to cut masking films before plotters took over. I think Xcel and Xacto still make a couple of different models.
The concept is not a new one but the way the GYRO-CUT works is, that is why we have a UK and US patent on the technology. The examples you mention are very poor at cutting complex compound curves. All other swivel blade tools rely on a razor sharp scalpel type blade which is easy to cut yourself on. The GYRO-CUT uses a special hardened steel blade which will not cut human skin in normal use.

Our US distributor now has the GYRO-CUT in stock and their address is:-

Traplet Distribution
816 N Country Fair Dr
Champaign, Illinois 61821
USA

Tel: (217) 355 2970

I hope you found this information useful
NOEL HARVEY is offline Find More Posts by NOEL HARVEY
Old Aug 21, 2014, 03:37 PM
Joined Jun 2014
3 Posts
GYRO-CUT craft & hobby tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicksbbq View Post
That is one nice looking tool. I gotta have one. Where can we get this in the US?
Hi Nick,

Just to let you know that our US distributor, Traplet Distribution Ltd now has the GYRO-CUT tool in stock at the following address:-

Traplet Distribution
816 N Country Fair Dr
Champaign, Illinois 61821
USA

Tel: (217) 355 2970

I hope you found this information useful
NOEL HARVEY is offline Find More Posts by NOEL HARVEY