HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 12, 2001, 03:44 PM
Joined Apr 2000
940 Posts
pearl harbor (or movies in general)

did a search on the old PH thread...it was kinda long. neway, i saw the PH attack scene ONLY, at school today..very cool. our history teacher got a new 2.0 GHz computer with DVD player/burner so we watched some DVD's. anyway i have to say, the PH attack scene was 40 minutes of pure movie bliss. that is the best action scene i have ever scene in my life. i give it a nod over the matrix lobby shoot-out.

i did do some reading about the historical accuracy of the movie. all i have to say is that i don't care. yea, it could have been more accurate, but would not have been as fun to watch.

as for movies in general, i am still waiting for a movie with as many orgasms, decapitations/lost limbs, vehicles crashed, irony, guns fired as there are grains of salt at the average grocery store. the matrix has the guns, pearl harbor has the vehicles, american beauty has the irony, braveheart has the loss of limbs, and as for the other thing...i won't say anymore.
petn7 is offline Find More Posts by petn7
Old Dec 12, 2001, 04:27 PM
No "R" !!!!!!!
Where Spacemen Live (TX)
Joined Jan 2000
1,100 Posts
PH, ME edition

What was the context of showing PH in class? I hope he/she pointed out the inaccuracies

A friend and I were talkeing the other day about PH. Apparently there is going to be like 2 or three different DVD releases of the movie (Including a 'R' rated one). We both agreed that there should be a PH ME version (ME for Man Edition).

It would have no love story and mushy dialog, Just fighting, scheming, explosions, airplanes, and more fighting. An hour and half of pure bliss.
Fitz Walker is offline Find More Posts by Fitz Walker
Old Dec 12, 2001, 05:09 PM
Joined Apr 2000
940 Posts
what's the difference b/w the R version and the other version?
i agree with you on the ME edition; just seems that movies that are created as if they are already the ME edition end up being cheezy.
Old Dec 12, 2001, 05:58 PM
characters welcome!
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Feb 2000
26,419 Posts
Re: pearl harbor (or movies in general)

Quote:
Originally posted by petn7
i give it a nod over the matrix lobby shoot-out.
Are you INSANE??

mw (serious Matrix addict trying to wear out a video tape and doing a good job of it!)
Mark Wood is offline Find More Posts by Mark Wood
Old Dec 12, 2001, 06:50 PM
Joined Apr 2000
940 Posts
if the matrix shoot-out lasted 40 minutes...that would be another story. also, i have that 3 min clip on mpeg format on my computer. i can watch it anytime i want. as for the PH attack scene, well i can only ask some1 who has the DVD or VHS (who would have that?) to let me borrow it, and i've only seen the PH scene once.

also, comparing the two scenes is not fair. one uses HUGE AMOUNTS of cgi while the other uses none.
Old Dec 12, 2001, 07:06 PM
Master of disaster
Northern Virginia
Joined May 2000
707 Posts
What was PH doing being shown in school? Oh, it must be a
public school. Where 2+2 =5, L. Ron Hubbard is a famous scientist, the Civil War was fought to end slavery and political
correctness overules facts.
Travis is offline Find More Posts by Travis
Old Dec 12, 2001, 08:11 PM
Joined Apr 2000
940 Posts
u believe that the 40 minutes scene does not belong in a public school? hell, i think there should be illicit drugs in school...it would help weed out the weak bastards from our gene pool. i don't think that public schools are good either, but i don't think they are as bad as you portray them, travis
Old Dec 12, 2001, 09:54 PM
ὅπερ ἔδει δεῖξαι
Joined May 2000
3,335 Posts
Gerald is offline Find More Posts by Gerald
Last edited by Gerald; May 06, 2008 at 06:01 PM.
Old Dec 12, 2001, 09:58 PM
Joined Apr 2000
940 Posts
i kno what ur talking about. a friend of mine played the matrix DVD at his house with surround sound. wow, nothing can beat the sound of shells clinking the ground coming from 4 speakers
Old Dec 13, 2001, 12:37 AM
characters welcome!
Joined Feb 2000
26,419 Posts
You guys are making me cry. I don't have a DVD player and it's just as well. I'd have my headphones glued to my noggin and the DVD on constant loop. The wife would be feeding me intravenously in my cocoon bassinet.

Cripes, we DO have a home theater that needs a little upgrading...

mw
Old Dec 13, 2001, 12:54 AM
Almost a Pilot
NorCal
Joined Oct 2001
3,759 Posts
Ya gotta get a digital surround system - TV in any form takes on a whole new experience with a surround package. Football games, broadcast movies, etc.

4 speakers? You mean 6 speakers! (Front R, Center, Front L, Rear R, Rear L, POWERED Subwoofer)

DVD's are definitely the way to go but movies still sound great on a VCR system with a surround package.

I'll NEVER get tired of watching The Matrix.
Mauilvr is offline Find More Posts by Mauilvr
Last edited by Mauilvr; Dec 13, 2001 at 12:57 AM.
Old Dec 13, 2001, 04:02 PM
Single-task at best...
Telford, UK
Joined Feb 2000
7,498 Posts
Re the Matrix shootout.

Isn't there a continuity error here? After the shoot out the lobby resembles my workshop ie., a bit of a mess. However, immediately prior to the subsequent explosion, it's back to it's original pristine state just for a split second or so.....

tim
tim hooper is offline Find More Posts by tim hooper
Old Dec 13, 2001, 08:03 PM
characters welcome!
Joined Feb 2000
26,419 Posts
MR. Hooper...

When it comes to The Matrix, I'm NOT interested in accuracy.

mw
Old Dec 13, 2001, 11:27 PM
Single-task at best...
Telford, UK
Joined Feb 2000
7,498 Posts
It appears that you have two lives, Mr Wood.

One has a future; the other does not.....

tim
tim hooper is offline Find More Posts by tim hooper
Old Dec 14, 2001, 12:53 AM
Heli Bouncer
At the Discount Clambake
Joined Feb 2001
3,920 Posts
Loop

Aren't you missing the whole point of the movie The Matrix, that the main character didn't have to die from the bullets once he grokked how the system worked.... Yes the shooting scenes where gorgeously shot and choreographed, that's why I found them the dumbest part of the movie. Isn't gun control about aim...?

Looee
Looooeeee! is offline Find More Posts by Looooeeee!