HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 25, 2004, 10:51 PM
australia ( vic )
Joined Sep 2003
56 Posts
any advise would be welcome

Hello

Well I was looking to get into jets as I have flown the gws a-10 and wattage saber both are good little planes but looking to get somthing a bit better been fly e-powered planes for the last few years and slimmers befor that I like to build so a all wooden kit would be nice I would like a jet that looks like a jet but must be able to take-off from the ground as I dont have much of an idea as how to use a bungy as everyone in my club flyes big gassers and think e-power is for little toys ha ahaahahah cant wait to get a nice jet and let them suck my wake as i blow past them hehehe anyway any suggestion would be great guys and thanks for taking the time with a new jet jock (( i hope )) ( humming theam from top gun )) lol thanks

jeff hines
jeffhines13 is offline Find More Posts by jeffhines13
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 25, 2004, 11:12 PM
EDF all the way!
Gilbert, Az
Joined Jun 1999
8,019 Posts
Check out ejf.com for their line of EDF kits.
Bob
bruff is offline Find More Posts by bruff
Old Feb 26, 2004, 12:07 AM
Racine, WI AMA# 809291
Joined Nov 2003
5,856 Posts
I had that picture as my wallpaper for several months EJF is very good for Jets, as is www.eam.net Just be prepared to fork over some big bucks for decent EDF Power and start looking into Li-Po's as thats the only way your going to get any decent flying times vs. weight. Good Luck to you
RCParkflyer is offline Find More Posts by RCParkflyer
Old Feb 26, 2004, 12:57 AM
shut up & fly
United States, FL, Miami
Joined May 2001
3,835 Posts
jeffhines13

for a first good size, low cost, BIG, rog edf plane that is easy to handle I recommend the www.ejf.com "bob e cat". you can read the review in jet international

if you want high end and you are not as frugal you have www.jepe.org, www.rd-jets.de and www.schuebeler-jets.de which make beautiful planes and fans.

The bob e cat comes in an inexpensive balsa version for 90mm fans that accepts retracts and will work with a low 16 cell set up to a nuclear 24 cell or 7s4p + hacker xl set up that will leave ALL gassers gasping.

the plane will also rog from grass with the right wheels.

and yes RCParkflyer is right!!!!!, even a low 16 cell set up with retracts and nicads (not lipos) will cost $700.00 with out radio. If you go lipo a low end pack for this plane alone will cost you $300............ still interested ?

good luck... BIG EDF's rule
hoser is offline Find More Posts by hoser
Old Feb 26, 2004, 04:29 AM
australia ( vic )
Joined Sep 2003
56 Posts
whats money

money isnt a big deal to me (( just ask the misses how much i spend lol)) some of my gasser cost 1000$$ i know this might not be the best option but what is the best ans nicest flying scale edf jet and as for lipoys just got a new charger for them so the timing is right thanks for the help will look at the links you guy gave me

thanks jeff
Old Feb 26, 2004, 10:09 AM
Racine, WI AMA# 809291
Joined Nov 2003
5,856 Posts
RE: Whats Money

Besides being the root of all evil, It's simular to the song "You don't know what you got till it's gone"!

I worked in the brewing industry for 25 years, making a good wage of about 60 G's and ended up last year on Social Security Disability.
That was before I got the RC bug, so now I have to go at this slow and easy, buying little bits each month and slowly obtain everything I need to go flying

My ultimate dream plane is the F-22 that you have posted above, and realistically it will cost about 800 to 1,000 to build and fly that jet like I want to. Twin motors LI-Po's and retracts.

Another place you might be able to find some good deals is on Ebay. If you click on my little www button Home Page you can go to my home page where I have a realtime list of Electric RC Items ending on ebay, (scroll down the page) the list changes by the hour so check it often.

Good Luck to you, and make sure you keep the Missus Happy too They can get really cranky, and baseball bats and RC Planes do not mix very well LOL

Now if you REALLY want to blow the wings off your buddys at the field, and price is no object, build a 10 Ft. long model of this 6 engine Jet the XB-70

I think what your really looking for would be a twin engine Mig-29 or a F-14, F-15, F-18 or some simular design
RCParkflyer is offline Find More Posts by RCParkflyer
Last edited by RCParkflyer; Feb 26, 2004 at 10:25 AM.
Old Feb 26, 2004, 04:22 PM
IWC
Joined Feb 2003
2,767 Posts
I have 6 ft plans of the XB-70 designed for .60 ic pusher
IWC is offline Find More Posts by IWC
Old Feb 26, 2004, 04:33 PM
australia ( vic )
Joined Sep 2003
56 Posts
RCPARKFLYER

Thanks for that bit of info dont worry about the wife she spend plenty of money on her horses lol so im in the clear .
Have seen a few jet on e-bay I wanted to buy but the problem is they just wont ship to australia so that option is out some guys will but not many not sure why might just have them send it to my mom seeing how im from missouri will have to work somthing out with her or one of my brothers eheheh anyways thanks for the info my favaite jet would have to be su 27 or good old f-15 or f-14 , but a good saber looks nice as does the super saber

jeff
Old Feb 26, 2004, 04:46 PM
It wasn't me...
Trabuco Canyon, CA
Joined Nov 2000
4,571 Posts
Re: RCPARKFLYER

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffhines13
thanks for the info my favaite jet would have to be su 27 or good old f-15 or f-14 , but a good saber looks nice as does the super saber
Hi Jeff,

I just released my wood kit of a twin-fan Su-27 Flanker.

Check out:

http://SavageLight.com

Dan
DanSavage is offline Find More Posts by DanSavage