HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

Cinestar Quick Release Gimbal System

Separate the Gimbal and Airframe in Seconds

Splash

Quick Release System Makes Life Easier

Allied Drones is offering up a great solution for Cinestar owners who have to break down their rig for transporting. This 15mm rail mount upgrade allows you to separate the gimbal from the airframe in under 10 seconds and without using tools. The clamps are solid and will hold heavy payloads. This is also great when you need balance a new camera as the arms from the copter can get in the way and make it a hassle. Check out the Cinestar Quick Release Gimbal System and more at Allied Drones.

Discussion

Old Nov 13, 2013, 05:32 PM
United States, IL, Cowden
Joined Mar 2013
1,584 Posts
VulcanUAV has been doing this for 12mm load rails, for awhile now.

"Quick Release Plate for Gimbals & Other Payloads"on their upgrade page.
RDTague is offline Find More Posts by RDTague
Old Nov 14, 2013, 10:40 PM
United States, TN, Brentwood
Joined Oct 2010
563 Posts
Coincidentally, I ordered one of these recently and it arrived yesterday.

Installation was super easy, even on my (clone) Cinestar Octo.

It is not readily obvious from the web site, but the tiny little Carbon Fiber "X-looking things" are attached directly to the 15mm tubes by screws. Then, they are also connected to the existing Cinestar dampeners on the bird.

The part that has the quick-release clamps on it can then be permanently mounted to the 'yaw axis' of your Cinestar Gimbal.

The parts are very sturdy, and the quick release function is really, really nice. It was getting tough to walk around my room with my 1,100mm Motor-to-motor distance Octo sitting on the gimbal on the floor! Now, I can easily (easily) remove the gimbal and hang the Octo with her sisters on the wall!

While this accessory is not cheap (what accessory in this hobby IS cheap?), it is absolutely worth it for the convenience! I'm actually thinking of buying another set to add to my other Cinestar 3-axis gimbal. (Yes, I have two. Its an obsession.)
DroneBuilder is offline Find More Posts by DroneBuilder
Old Nov 18, 2013, 09:51 AM
RCG Staff Member
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Oct 2003
5,783 Posts
I like it!
Jason Cole is offline Find More Posts by Jason Cole
Administrator
Old Feb 11, 2014, 08:53 AM
Joined Nov 2011
41 Posts
if you already have a 15mm load rails, you are better off buying cheap quick release clamps.
hitinson is offline Find More Posts by hitinson