SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio

Hitec Battery Buzzer Alarm

Cheap Insurance for Your Lipos and Aircraft

Splash

Get Peace of Mind For Your Lipos

Speed Controllers do a good job of shutting down power to the motor to protect lipo batteries from over discharging. The problem with that is you never know when it is about to happen. You may be in just the wrong place to lose motor power which could lead to a not so soft landing and damage to your plane and ego.

Wouldn't it be nice to know when you are approaching that cut off voltage? Hitec's new Battery Buzzer does just that. It has an adjustable voltage range you can set and when the battery reaches that voltage the buzzer sounds off with a high pitch alarm letting you know it's time to land. It can also serve as a lost model finder. If you lose your plane in the trees or a huge field, you'll be able to hear where the plane is once the battery reaches the alarm voltage. [Hitec]

Features

• High Pitch Warning Sound
  • Input Voltage: 7.4 ~ 16.8 volts
  • Battery Type: 2 ~ 4S LiPo
  • LED Status Indicator
  • Voltage Select: 3.2V/3.3V/3.4V/3.5V 0.05V
  • Net Weight: 11g
  • Dimension: 1.97 x 1.10 x .49 in.
  • Price: $9.99

Discussion

Old Nov 08, 2013, 09:49 AM
yank and bank!!
Joined May 2013
2,300 Posts
I have several of a similar model bought from HK. My constructive criticisms and comparisons;

1. This one is double the cost, but may be better quality being hitec
2. Not sure if I like the dip switch to set voltage threshold of this one or the cycling pushbutton of mine... and the threshold on this one covers the likely range one would want but I can set it higher on mine.
3. I like the mostly lower profile on this one
4. The ones I bought will work with 8S and this one looks like it only handles 4S?
5. Looks like it has a similar piezo "buzzer"... the HK ones I have are LOUD and sound like the buzzer came from a smoke detector.
6. This one will probably be available on amazon so someone can probably get it with expedited shipping.
failboat is offline Find More Posts by failboat
Old Nov 09, 2013, 10:12 AM
RC Fanatic
USA, NC, Greensboro
Joined Mar 2002
1,449 Posts
You can get one with a buzzer and digital LCD display that weighs similar for about the same price at hobby king. Not to knock this one but the LCD display is very nice to have. I have used them with great success. Set it and forget it no need to worry about setting you timer just plug it in once programmed and fly until beeeeeeep.
Reco is offline Find More Posts by Reco
Old Nov 09, 2013, 04:54 PM
Launceston Arpt, Tasmania, Australia
Joined Jan 2004
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reco View Post
You can get one with a buzzer and digital LCD display that weighs similar for about the same price at hobby king. Not to knock this one but the LCD display is very nice to have. I have used them with great success. Set it and forget it no need to worry about setting you timer just plug it in once programmed and fly until beeeeeeep.
I think that the 'lost model finder' use would be of little value.
you can walk many times just past your model while waiting for the buzzer to
go off and have no idea how long you may have to wait.
This can be fixed by having a "pulse omission detector" in the circuitry, might
be there already, but not mentioned in this article.
Then when the alarm goes off, you could be far away and have limited time to
find the model since the device itself is draining the remaining dregs of power from the battery.
E_ferret is offline Find More Posts by E_ferret
Old Nov 09, 2013, 05:42 PM
RC Fanatic
USA, NC, Greensboro
Joined Mar 2002
1,449 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by E_ferret View Post
I think that the 'lost model finder' use would be of little value.
you can walk many times just past your model while waiting for the buzzer to
go off and have no idea how long you may have to wait.
This can be fixed by having a "pulse omission detector" in the circuitry, might
be there already, but not mentioned in this article.
Then when the alarm goes off, you could be far away and have limited time to
find the model since the device itself is draining the remaining dregs of power from the battery.
Not sure if you understand on the one I use u set your voltage and the alarm goes off in flight telling you its time to land, it's not meant as a lost plane finder. Its very loud you can hear from 500 ft. Click Here I have read where these types can be inaccurate, I have checked mine with a Good Voltmeter and its spot on.

Reco is offline Find More Posts by Reco
Last edited by Reco; Nov 09, 2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2013, 09:01 AM
Barbados
Joined Jan 2011
2,109 Posts
I use the HK version with voltage screen set to 3.80v for storage,connect light bulbs and the voltage will bounce back close to 3.85v,It works good.
The Tug is offline Find More Posts by The Tug