HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 10, 2013, 08:28 PM
Madison WI
Joined Jan 2009
587 Posts
I waited for Walkera's answer to Blade's brushless mCPX, but it never came. Yes they already had the V100D03BL double brushless, but it's old technology.

Finally I broke down and bought 2 mCPX-BL birds. Very happy with them and also with the fact that my LHS has parts.

Walkera never competed with the Blade Nano CPX with a one-ounce CP. Just picked one of those too and have been selling off my Genius CPs. The Nano is my winter, living room trainer.

Thanks to Deviation, I can still use my Devo 6, which was one of Walkera's great products.
jazzjohn is offline Find More Posts by jazzjohn
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 14, 2013, 08:55 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
5,503 Posts
Valid points on bl birds this size. The cost of Blade Mcp-x bl is to close to 300X.
Depends on what you want and where./ how you fly. I have a nice core of Blade helis and Walkrea. Both have held up way beyond what I expected. My Two Genius have seen Mega air time. Couple of motors/ one frame/ and one servo.
Damage was my fault from crashing early on. Not bad at all.

Walkrea has dropped the ball with Helis. Blade has not replaced Mcp-x V2 either. Nor MSR-X. To be honest I think helis have been so flooded with clones and many new flyers are going to quads for camera work etc. You will see SAFE models released and come home feature like GPS. WK could easiely do Super c/p with double BL. They did it before V100D01/ bird you mentioned. They sell double bl for Genius c/p kit.
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Nov 14, 2013, 09:40 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
20,693 Posts
MSRx and Walkera flybarless FP models were sales disasters.... that's from distributors I know. Any more flybarless FP models will be from the toy companies.
Balr14 is online now Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Nov 14, 2013, 09:57 AM
Joined Sep 2010
190 Posts
That's a shame because they are the best transitional birds to get to CP.
ToddMcF2002 is offline Find More Posts by ToddMcF2002
Old Nov 14, 2013, 10:26 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
20,693 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
That's a shame because they are the best transitional birds to get to CP.
People will take a quad or go directly to the CP micro, almost every time.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 11:18 AM
Joined Sep 2010
190 Posts
Fine for your average Joe I guess but I don't like them. I learned on FP. I admit the quads I own feel like CP but I find them boring. My kids want to progress on heli's so I ordered Hisky FP's.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 11:42 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
5,503 Posts
I have many Quads/ 4 ch helis/ micro/ mini c/p etc. I still enjoy flying my MSR-X/ Super F/P. Not as much as c/p's. Quads I like are my Ladybird v1's and my Hoten-X bl. I agree that Bl;ade and WK are done with FBL 4 ch F/P. Clones killed them off.
Fact remains both brand named Helis are pretty good indoor flyers. I bought some WL toys stuff and to be honest all are good. What ever both Blade and Walkrea do I am more than pleased with both. If they have a bird I want and can afford I will go for it. i plan on having them for as long as they work and parts are available. Better you get the less problems arise.
I have back ups bought from clearing out old stuff over the years. Glad to see them go and restocked with helis/ quads. I have flown more last 20 months then all years put together with fixed wing.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 09:43 PM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,517 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benmlee View Post
Base on sales of the microlinehobbies V120D02 slipper clutch, there is still a steady demand oversea for the V120D02 versions. I don't see any evidence that Walkera is dropping off the map. That is assuming sale of the clutch correlates with users of V120, which is probably true.
I have noticed the same with my slipper clutch sales,, mostly all are overseas customers now days..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old Nov 19, 2013, 10:26 AM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
5,503 Posts
I have been doing alot of flying and half my fleet is Wakera. To be honest they all work fine. My two Genius have mod to l/gear and holding up just fine. These are Version one and no complaints at all. I wouldn't mind another to do some exra experiments to.
Anyway my two Master c/p's are fine. If I can sell a few more plank items might just go for the V450D03. I see now WK offers a brushless converion for M c/p.
Big + total weight with this is 40g less. Now thats not bad at all. I do hope they keep up with helis.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 10:37 AM
United States, WI, Janesville
Joined Apr 2011
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
Valid points on bl birds this size. The cost of Blade Mcp-x bl is to close to 300X.
Depends on what you want and where./ how you fly. I have a nice core of Blade helis and Walkrea. Both have held up way beyond what I expected. My Two Genius have seen Mega air time. Couple of motors/ one frame/ and one servo.
Damage was my fault from crashing early on. Not bad at all.

Walkrea has dropped the ball with Helis. Blade has not replaced Mcp-x V2 either. Nor MSR-X. To be honest I think helis have been so flooded with clones and many new flyers are going to quads for camera work etc. You will see SAFE models released and come home feature like GPS. WK could easiely do Super c/p with double BL. They did it before V100D01/ bird you mentioned. They sell double bl for Genius c/p kit.
I never could get the Walkera Genius double brushless kit to work, tried on the V1 and V2. Tail just would not work right, seems others had the same problem
weedan is offline Find More Posts by weedan
Old Nov 19, 2013, 10:49 AM
United States, WI, Janesville
Joined Apr 2011
253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
Fine for your average Joe I guess but I don't like them. I learned on FP. I admit the quads I own feel like CP but I find them boring. My kids want to progress on heli's so I ordered Hisky FP's.
I tried the flybarless FP route, at the same time I had the V120d02. I thought it took almost as much skill to fly the fbl FP as it did the CP. I did have the V200d01 but got tired of the main and tail gear being so fragile.

MSRX was sooooo twitchy I was just digusted. "But" I flew a new one last month at a fire sale, Blade must have worked a lot on the flight board from when it first came out, Mhe 30$ new so I got it.
weedan is offline Find More Posts by weedan
Old Nov 19, 2013, 10:59 AM
Joined Sep 2010
190 Posts
I have 3 MSRx's and they all fly consistently - meaning they do everything great except left banking turns, where you need to add elevator and then aileron to avoid tail in crashing. I did a brushless conversion on one of them and it still has the same behavior.

I sort of agree that the MSRx is almost as difficult as CP to fly, but just because of some of its... odd behavior. The MSRx is much easier to contain in a small area. I've tried flying my Nano CPX's in my smallish tree lined back yard where my MSRx's thrive and I just can't do it. The head speeds are too high and trying to contain it means my banking turns get tighter and tighter leading to even higher speeds. No thanks! I keep those at the field. The MSRx, once mastered, is far more relaxing to fly.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 09:48 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
5,503 Posts
I have MSR-X/ Super F/P. The Super f/p is easier to fly. MSR-x is smaller and lighter. Both have given me many flights. My MSR-X I replaced motor and just broke ball off blade grip. Super c/p has as many flights and nothing has been replaced.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 10:20 AM
Joined Sep 2010
190 Posts
I replaced all my blade grips with Rakon. I went through about a dozen stockers mostly courtesy of my aluminum pool fence. Half of them broke as I was trying to pop off the links to replace one bad side. I don't think they use actual plastic for these, more likely hardened chocolate cake frosting or compressed recycled paper. CNC to the rescue.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 11:06 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
20,693 Posts
I've heard that the durability of copters made with hardened chocolate cake frosting is quite poor. But, they are tasty.

At the risk of straying too close to being on topic, has anyone else noticed the activity in this forum has declined? Not much in new models to talk about in a long time. It's not just Walkera.