HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

Mad Dog 2700 mAh DJI Phantom Li-Poly Battery

2DogRC.com has released a battery that allows your DJI Phantom to get longer flight times!

Splash

Get longer flight times with your DJI Phantom without modding your quad!

Unless you are willing to gut your DJI Phantom body or add some external platforms to your Phantom you are stuck with one battery. The trick is to find a battery that will fit in your Phantom and give you maximum flight times. I was talking to Mark from 2DogRC.com and he told me they had a new lipo they were working on just for the DJI Phantom. The goal was to find a battery that is the same size and close to the same weight as the stock battery that would give longer flight times. They tested many versions of these batteries to pick the final one. The packs are dynamically matched at the factory with similar internal resistance. This increases both pack life and power. The included connector is a perfect fit for your Phantom.

Mark sent me one and I was able to test it out against my other batteries.

My average flight times (minutes and seconds) for my packs:

• 2DogRC 2700 pack - 9:36
  • Turnigy 2200 pack - 7:51
  • Stock Phantom 2200 pack - 7:03

I have modded my Phantom so the battery wire comes out the side. Here is a video from 2 Dog RC showing the battery being connected and inserted into a stock Phantom:

Mad Dog DJI Phantom 2700 mAh Extended flight Battery (0 min 53 sec)

Here is my video going over the battery:

2DogRC 2700 mAh DJI Phantom Li-Poly Battery - RCroups.com (1 min 36 sec)

Here are the battery specs:

• Charge Current:1C(2.7A)-3C(8.1A)
  • Weight: 205grams
  • Size: 103 x 35 x 28 mm
  • Max Continuous Current: 94.5A (25C)

Visit the 2DogRC page to learn more about this pack!

Discussion

Old Oct 28, 2013, 06:09 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,776 Posts
Ouch the price is outstanding.
eckace1 is online now Find More Posts by eckace1
Old Oct 28, 2013, 06:10 PM
OFF TOPIC POSTER
Des Moines IA
Joined Dec 2005
4,776 Posts
sorry double post
eckace1 is online now Find More Posts by eckace1
Last edited by eckace1; Oct 28, 2013 at 06:10 PM. Reason: double post
Old Oct 28, 2013, 08:15 PM View Post
jy0933
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Over-competition). It is temporarily hidden while jy0933 edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Oct 28, 2013, 08:50 PM
Joined Jan 2011
2,272 Posts
Price seems fair to me, same as stock, extra mah
branflakes is offline Find More Posts by branflakes
Old Oct 29, 2013, 03:47 AM View Post
playerpete
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. Show it to me anyway.
Old Oct 29, 2013, 04:31 AM
Joined Oct 2013
43 Posts
Looks nice
mmib is offline Find More Posts by mmib
Old Oct 29, 2013, 11:32 AM
Joined Sep 2013
3,095 Posts
For what you get--a true 2700mah rated pack--the price seems very fair, especially compared to the cost of OEM DJI 2200 batteries.
ElGuano is online now Find More Posts by ElGuano
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 29, 2013, 02:09 PM
1000 Islands NY State
United States, NY, Alexandria Bay
Joined Aug 2013
288 Posts
it's not a ripoff.. it's a great battery.. that price is cheap.. I have 2 of them and have flown 20 minute flights with them mounted
dotster77 is online now Find More Posts by dotster77
Old Oct 29, 2013, 03:21 PM
Joined Aug 2006
196 Posts
Fitting the batt was never a problem to me as I have couple of phantoms. Even after market batts fit into the tray but the real problem was inserting the wires in them. I wish he could insert the wires to show that I CAN actually fit with the door shut. Iooked at the video again to make sure and my conclusion is that the plug and the wires won't fit inside the phantom. Take a close look. The batts looks much thicker than stock as well.
playerpete is offline Find More Posts by playerpete
Old Oct 29, 2013, 03:30 PM
Administrator
United States, TN, Nashville
Joined Mar 2002
11,285 Posts
Pete
Please take another look at the review. I added a video showing the battery being inserted with the wires. I did not show this because I modded my Phantom with the wires coming out the side.
Jim T. Graham is online now Find More Posts by Jim T. Graham
Administrator
Old Oct 29, 2013, 03:31 PM
Joined Sep 2013
3,095 Posts
Mad Dog 2700 mAh DJI Phantom Li-Poly Battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by playerpete View Post
Fitting the batt was never a problem to me as I have couple of phantoms. Even after market batts fit into the tray but the real problem was inserting the wires in them. I wish he could insert the wires to show that I CAN actually fit with the door shut. Iooked at the video again to make sure and my conclusion is that the plug and the wires won't fit inside the phantom. Take a close look. The batts looks much thicker than stock as well.
The maddog is 1mm wider and a few mm taller, which the phantom has space for in the bay (some of us are fitting two 2200mah batteries side by side in the bay with the door closing fine). I understand your concern with getting the leads to fit, but this battery was specifically designed and marketed with the phantom in mind, that doesn't count for anything? At least two users on here (HGT and Dotster) who have modded the phantom batteries and battery compartments more than just about anyone own and have very favorable impressions of the maddogs' claims and performance. At some point there should be enough evidence to get by the threshold "will the door close" question...
ElGuano is online now Find More Posts by ElGuano
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 29, 2013, 08:58 PM
WHere Flight Was Born, North Carolina
Joined Apr 2005
2,755 Posts
Mad Dog DJI Phantom 2700 mAh Extended flight Battery (0 min 53 sec)

Here is a video of the battery going into a Phantom. It was done by another RCGrouper to make sure they would fit. I do not have a phantom so I could not test this.

I hope this clears up the confusion.
2dogrc is offline Find More Posts by 2dogrc
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: 2dogrc and 2dogs Flying FPV
Old Nov 01, 2013, 08:08 AM
Joined Jan 2011
2,272 Posts
Where can I order one now. Its not from 2d they are sold out. Any other 2700 competitor batteries?
branflakes is offline Find More Posts by branflakes
Old Nov 01, 2013, 09:20 PM
WHere Flight Was Born, North Carolina
Joined Apr 2005
2,755 Posts
We sold out EXTREMELY fast when this article came out. We will have more in Mid November.
2dogrc is offline Find More Posts by 2dogrc
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: 2dogrc and 2dogs Flying FPV