HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 28, 2013, 03:34 PM
Joined Jul 2013
18 Posts
Discussion
blade 300x tail rotor will not return to center

Good day heli world,

I changed my main frame on my blade 300x and replaced the tail servo. I centered the rotor on the tail rotor shat and adjusted the tail servo to 90 degrees. My first spool up without the main blades the heli would respond to the transmitter but would not return to center. Shouldn't it center automatically or do I need to do something and make adjustments?

Secondly, I reconnected the tail servo to the gyro and flipped tail servo connector upside down (black wire on top/ orange wire on bottom) ...still had same problem and changed back. Now the rotor will not respond at all to left and right transmitter input.

Need help....do I need to buy another tail servo and if so, how do I correct the not centering problem?
Vmoon is offline Find More Posts by Vmoon
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 28, 2013, 03:51 PM
Letchworth, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jul 2004
12,004 Posts
If your gyro is in heading hold mode, the tail rotor will not return to center after you've given it a left or right command. It will only return to center after the heli's tail has moved the way you commanded it. With the heli stationary on the bench, the tail rotor will stay hard over until you command a different move.

Normally reversing the servo plug simply makes it not operate, but does it no harm. So I don't understand how your tail servo worked at all while it was plugged in the wrong way, or why it's not working now. Unless you had it plugged in the right way all the while, and have now got it plugged in the wrong way.
abenn is online now Find More Posts by abenn