HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

Axial AX10 Deadbolt

1/10-scale Electric 4WD RTR Scaler/Rock Basher

Splash

The latest vehicle release from Axial is the highly-versatile, capable & cool-looking AX10 DEADBOLT!

Based on Axialís proven AX10 chassis platform, the Deadbolt is a 1/10-scale electric 4WD RTR (ready-to-run) truck that mixes the crawling and speed capabilities of its predecessor (the AX10 Ridgecrest) and adds a great-looking, Bronco-esque body, dove-tailed cage, interior details, a badass skeleton driver figure and officially licensed Maxxis 2.2 Trepador tires makes this rig much more aggressive and scale looking. Mounted on the durable chassis, you will find a 20-turn brushed motor with a programmable ESC with drag brake to get the truck rolling and an Axial AX-3 2.4GHz radio system with AS-3 digital metal gear steering servo keeps it in full control.

AXIAL AX10 DEADBOLT 1/10 electric 4WD RTR
SCALE: 1/10
DRIVETRAIN: Shaft-driven 4WD
MOTOR: 20T brushed motor
SPEED CONTROL: Axial AE-2 w/ drag brake
RADIO: Axial AX-3 2.4GHz, 2-channel pistol grip
STEERING SERVO: Axial AS-2 digital metal gear
WHEELBASE: 310mm (12.2 in.)
LENGTH: 448mm (17.6 in.)
WIDTH: 288mm (11.3 in.)
HEIGHT: 250mm (9.8 in.)
GROUND CLEARANCE: 76mm (3 in.)
WEIGHT: 2.15kg (4.75lbs.)
ITEM NO.: AX90033
PRICE: $329.99

KEY FEATURES

• Officially licensed Maxxis Trepador tires
  • AR60 OCP-Axles
  • WB8 Wild Boar splined driveshafts
  • Double shear link mounts
  • 4-link suspension
  • Adjustable suspension and shock mounting positions
  • 87/20 gearing (87T spur gear, 20T pinion gear)
  • Adjustable tray that accepts standard stick packs or LiPo batteries
  • Three styles of helmets included (motocross, open skull-face & motorsport helmet)
  • Pre-painted and detailed Deadbolt body with dove-tail cage
  • Cage also works with Jeep Wrangler Rock Racer body (AX04038)

AXIALís video of the DEADBOLT in action!

AX90033 AX10™ Deadbolt™ - 1/10th Scale Electric 4WD - RTR (3 min 7 sec)

Visit the site for more info on products fromóAXIAL!

Last edited by Paul Onorato; Oct 25, 2013 at 06:31 PM..

Discussion

Old Oct 26, 2013, 04:21 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,752 Posts
I want this body kit in clear for my MAxstone 10. Love the truck, hate the competition crawler body.
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Oct 27, 2013, 08:16 PM
The Sweet Aroma of 92 Octane
United States, PA, Downingtown
Joined May 2011
4,408 Posts
I won't lie, this looks pretty good! I'd probably throw out the skeleton head though...creeps me out.
electricrc68 is offline Find More Posts by electricrc68
Old Oct 30, 2013, 08:36 AM
Ultrabatics enthusiast
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Aug 2012
998 Posts
+1 on the clear body. Hopefully they make a kit so I can mount this new AX10 body on my first get AX10 scorpion.
Diceman89 is offline Find More Posts by Diceman89
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 25, 2013, 02:07 AM
Explorocam
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2012
429 Posts
How does this compare to the Wraith?
I've been contemplating the Wraith, and then today I saw this. I still like the look of the Wraith, but I've heard the Roll Cage body of the Wraith is a downside.
Exploroman is offline Find More Posts by Exploroman
Old Dec 25, 2013, 02:10 AM
Explorocam
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Feb 2012
429 Posts
P.S.
I'm considering one of the Crawlers for some FPV fun and maybe even play with the Ardupilot Mega on it as well.

Just for fun.
Exploroman is offline Find More Posts by Exploroman
Old Dec 26, 2013, 07:30 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,752 Posts
I think this chassis is more for serious crawling than the other ones. You give up scale looks, although this body is better in that regard than similar crawlers, but this is REAL RC crawler chassis. Am I right, Paul?
shahram72 is offline Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Dec 30, 2013, 02:58 PM
United States, CT, Brookfield
Joined Jun 2013
2,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exploroman View Post
How does this compare to the Wraith?
I've been contemplating the Wraith, and then today I saw this. I still like the look of the Wraith, but I've heard the Roll Cage body of the Wraith is a downside.
The Wraith is a pretty trick truck. It is highly capable on any surface and can even handle some serious speed. The Deadbolt is more of a trail truck idea like the Axial SCX10 platform. The Deadbolt is also a good truck for someone looking to start out in rock crawling to hone their skills. I own both vehicles and as for the roll cage on the Wraith...it is a trade-off between scale looks and function. Yes it is a bit harder to work on the truck but it is so worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
I think this chassis is more for serious crawling than the other ones. You give up scale looks, although this body is better in that regard than similar crawlers, but this is REAL RC crawler chassis. Am I right, Paul?
I would not call this a serious crawling chassis. The Deadbolt is the basic truck in Axial's line-up and is based on the truck that boosted the rock crawling segment...the AX10 Scorpion.
Paul Onorato is offline Find More Posts by Paul Onorato
Old Feb 25, 2014, 04:49 AM
Mmmm, tasty
United States, IL, Champaign County
Joined Jan 2013
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Onorato View Post
I would not call this a serious crawling chassis. The Deadbolt is the basic truck in Axial's line-up and is based on the truck that boosted the rock crawling segment...the AX10 Scorpion.
I have to disagree with you there if you are inferring that the wraith is a serious crawler and the deadbolt is not. It has the option to move the battery and electronics to the front with no modifications, has the same drivetrain as the wraith (minus the transmission) and has a lower cg. Basically the same as a wraith only with a more versatile chassis.
EggsnBacon is offline Find More Posts by EggsnBacon
Last edited by EggsnBacon; Feb 25, 2014 at 05:03 AM.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 03:14 PM
United States, CT, Brookfield
Joined Jun 2013
2,110 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EggsnBacon View Post
I have to disagree with you there if you are inferring that the wraith is a serious crawler and the deadbolt is not. It has the option to move the battery and electronics to the front with no modifications, has the same drivetrain as the wraith (minus the transmission) and has a lower cg. Basically the same as a wraith only with a more versatile chassis.
Excellent points here. I did not look at it that way at all.
Paul Onorato is offline Find More Posts by Paul Onorato