SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 04, 2004, 01:15 PM
Alabama
Joined Feb 2003
617 Posts
A few photos from Moonport (04-04-04)

SIG LT-40 in the pond after a mid-air with another plane.
tippy is offline Find More Posts by tippy
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2004, 01:18 PM
Alabama
Joined Feb 2003
617 Posts

Reeling the LT-40 closer to the beach
Old Apr 04, 2004, 01:23 PM
Alabama
Joined Feb 2003
617 Posts

Finally in reach ...
The wing was damaged due to the collision and the rest was damaged due the impact with the water (and soaking the wood with water.
Old Apr 04, 2004, 01:26 PM
Alabama
Joined Feb 2003
617 Posts

A VERY large heli over flew the Moonport R/C field. Photo shows heli approaching from the west.
Old Apr 04, 2004, 01:30 PM
Alabama
Joined Feb 2003
617 Posts

The very big heli flying by. The smaller plane flying in formation is a small electric fan fold RC. It looked pretty cool but the little plane is no where near the big heli. It just looks that way.
Old Apr 04, 2004, 01:33 PM
Alabama
Joined Feb 2003
617 Posts

In air refueling formation?
Old Apr 07, 2004, 10:32 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Passed by at MOON PORT this morning at 8:15AM and showed everyone there (Rodney, George etc..) my new SKY RAIDER by WORLD MODELS and they all Loved it and was amazed it only cost $69.99!

Carlos
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Old Apr 11, 2004, 07:38 PM
Alabama
Joined Feb 2003
617 Posts
Kars 04-10-04

I got to the field around 0830. There was a little haze and the wind was 4-5 mph. The sun finally broke through around 0900 but the winds stayed calm.

I flew my heli. I felt so good with the calm wind that I preceeded to make 2 more flights. Managed to pull off a few loops on the last flight. I had the field to myself.

Dave T.
Old Apr 11, 2004, 07:47 PM
Alabama
Joined Feb 2003
617 Posts
Moonport 04-11-04 Happy Easter

Showed up at Moonport around 0900 and the field was socked in with fog.
Planes and pilots were staged to fly if the fog would ever lift. I decided to make a trip around TICO (or whatever the long title is). When I got back to Moonport the fog was gone but so was most of the pilots/planes.
There were three planes that stuck it out.
A pilot with a new Shoestring, Buster (I think that's his name) flew his LT-40 (winged) Senior Kadet (fuse) plane, and a third pilot flew what looked like a small version of the Tequila Sunrise (and it was fasssst).

Ooops - Forgot about the pilot with the brightly colored Fan Fold Foam electric. He also stuck the fog out to make a flight.

I have a plane that I'd like to get rid of.
It's a Lucky Stick. It was my first plane but was to much to learn on so didn't fly. Had a few experts fly it. It probably has a total of 5 flights with no crashes. It's just occupying space so I need to get rid of it.

See ya,
Dave T.
Last edited by tippy; Apr 11, 2004 at 07:54 PM.
Old Apr 15, 2004, 05:39 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Flying my SKY RAIDER MACH-I @ MOON PORT Friday Morning 04-16-2004

Hello Moon Port and KSC gangs:

I will be flying my SKY RAIDER MACH-I at MOON PORT MODELERS CLUB on Friday morning at 7:00AM sharp.

Hope some of you will attend!

Carlos
Old Apr 16, 2004, 12:39 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Friday morning's Flight Report

Flew the SKY RAIDER MACH-I at Moon Port Modelers Club in Titusville, Florida and I arrived at 7:17AM and promptly began to top off the charge on the 8-Cell, GP-3300mAH, Ni-MH pack. After enjoying a good Burger King breakfast, at 8:00AM the battery pack went to trickle. Since I had charged it at home 40 minutes ago, I decided to slap it in the SKY RAIDER MACH-I without any fuss and connected to the ESC, secured the wing, turned on the transmitter, and performed a pre-flight check. Then, I sat her down on the nice short bladed grass runway and throttle up and she had the same left torque but, a little right rudder corrected this right away and she tracked straight and lifted off in about 15 feet of grass runway.

Wind was coming from the North Ė North West and the SKY RAIDER MACH-I didnít even care. I quickly performed the best consecutive large loops and then at the last third pass for a loop I allow her to fly inverted and she tracked rock solid without any trim or stick correction, not even down or up elevator was needed.

Rolls were good and slow for a 65.5 inch wing span model and began to give her just a slight rudder at the mid roll event and she responded much better. Those there at the club were impressed and commented that she was a very nice flyer.

Landing was uneventful, however, came in just a little too fast but, I allowed her to take the entire runway of the field and allowed her to set down real softly about 45 feet down the end of the runway after a 11 minute and 23 second flight. I had much more flight time left from the GP-3300ís but, needed to leave for work.

Great conditions for a change and I am enjoying such a wonderful flying Sport Trainer model. She is big, fast but, yet gentle and can come in relatively slow for a smooth landing.

Carlos.
Old Apr 18, 2004, 11:50 AM
Alabama
Joined Feb 2003
617 Posts
Kars 04-18-04

Brought my new SPAD to the field for it's maiden test flight. The SPAD is a Bandit style with my OS46LA (previously mounted on my trainer). It had a 9X6 prop.
The engine ran except I could only get it to half throttle before it shut off. I'm thinking the prop is just to small and not providing enough load on the engine and it's reaching max rpm with only half throttle. Will try a larger one another day.
Made 4 flights on the UltraStick40. The winds had picked a bit by the time I got the UltraStick ready. The UltraStick had troubles taxiing around with the wind and armadillo holes everywhere.

I went to Sun-n-Fun on Friday. Whew!!! How do they do it? I could have spent the entire day watching just the Ultralights. If your interest is in all types of planes then you just can't do it all in one day.

tippy
Old Apr 18, 2004, 03:28 PM
Alabama
Joined Feb 2003
617 Posts
Moon Port Fly-In & Swap Meet 04-24

The latest Moonport newsletter
http://www.angelfire.com/space/moonm...%20letter.html

is announcing a Fly-In & Swap Meet at Moon Port on 04-29.

There is also a short article on how electric planes are becoming more popular.

Read the article and come to the Fly-in!

tippy
Old Apr 21, 2004, 12:41 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
David,

You mean the FUN FLY is this Saturday, April 24th, right?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Super nice day for a SUPER NICE WATTAGE "SUPER DECATHALON" !!!

Flying it at the KARS Field at the Space Center!

Power Setup:
GWS EPS-300C "A" gearing (3.75:1 ratio)
GWS "Slow Flyer" 8 X 6 Prop.
ETec 1200mAH, 3S1P, Li-POLYs
3-HITEC HS-55's
HITEC Electron-6 dual conversion receiver.

Enhanced the flight characteristics by reducing almost or up to 2 oz. of flight weight with the above setup.

Great job Gerry!
Old Apr 21, 2004, 12:44 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Gerry was kind enough to allow each one of us to try out the model and we both took turns at the controls

THANKS GERRY!!