HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 22, 2004, 08:49 AM
Alabama
Joined Feb 2003
617 Posts
Yep. I've seen the same "mentals" on jet skis too. Everybody's fishing off the pier at Jetty park. With a gillion miles of open ocean, the jet skiers zip back and forth right under the pier.
Some people just don't get it.

tippy
tippy is offline Find More Posts by tippy
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 22, 2004, 12:04 PM
Merritt Island, Florida
Joined Feb 2004
55 Posts
Can anyone post directions to KARs field? Also is there any kind of frequency control or is it just make sure no one is on your channel?

Thanks,
Jeremy
Variable is offline Find More Posts by Variable
Old Mar 22, 2004, 12:04 PM
Merritt Island, Florida
Joined Feb 2004
55 Posts
oops double post..
Old Mar 22, 2004, 12:38 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Variable
Can anyone post directions to KARs field? Also is there any kind of frequency control or is it just make sure no one is on your channel?

Thanks,
Jeremy
First, you need to be an employee of NASA or one of it's contractors or a Civilian Air Force Empolyee (DOD) or one of it's contractors in order to access this field.

A couple of people are trying real hard to solve this problem so, we can bring friends and family by trying to acquire a new site that is outside the gated guarded area.

If you work here then, it's at the WEST end of the Industrial area next to the Magnetic effects building.

Carlos
guapoman2000 is offline Find More Posts by guapoman2000
Old Mar 22, 2004, 12:43 PM
Merritt Island, Florida
Joined Feb 2004
55 Posts
Ok, I guess that answers that question since I do not work out there, but thanks anyways.

Also is the moon port field the same one as the KARS field or is it somewhere else?
Old Mar 22, 2004, 12:49 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Variable
Ok, I guess that answers that question since I do not work out there, but thanks anyways.

Also is the moon port field the same one as the KARS field or is it somewhere else?
Moon Port is complete different club. Sorry...
Old Mar 26, 2004, 05:21 AM
Alabama
Joined Feb 2003
617 Posts
03-25-04 It was windy

Well, not much flying got done yesterday at KARS. The wind was pretty strong. Only one guy braved the winds. He had an electric flying wing. Pretty much the only type of craft that had a chance of surviving.
I waited around until about 1700. I heard the all area page make a METWATCH announcement for winds of 25mph gusting to 35mph. Decided to abandon all hope of flying.

Moonport is advertising a Swap meet tomorrow (3-27). Might stop by and see if there is anything I need.

Tomorrow's forecast for KTTS looks flyable but Sunday morning at 0700 is calling for 0 mph! I guess Sunday it is.

See ya at the field,
Dave T.
Old Mar 26, 2004, 06:55 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Re: 03-25-04 It was windy

Quote:
Originally posted by tippy
Well, not much flying got done yesterday at KARS. The wind was pretty strong. Only one guy braved the winds. He had an electric flying wing. Pretty much the only type of craft that had a chance of surviving.
I waited around until about 1700. I heard the all area page make a METWATCH announcement for winds of 25mph gusting to 35mph. Decided to abandon all hope of flying.

Moonport is advertising a Swap meet tomorrow (3-27). Might stop by and see if there is anything I need.

Tomorrow's forecast for KTTS looks flyable but Sunday morning at 0700 is calling for 0 mph! I guess Sunday it is.

See ya at the field,
Dave T.
I think that was Dean Orr with his ZAGI wing. He is really having lots of fun with that model since you can brave the winds!

Carlos
Old Mar 26, 2004, 06:57 AM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
http://www.angelfire.com/space/moonmodelers/

Yes, MOON PORT MODELERS CLUB at the Titusville, Florida field (SOUTH FIELD) is having a Swap meet gathering for those looking for a good deal!

Hope to see some of you out there!
Carlos
Old Mar 26, 2004, 02:29 PM
Orlando Int, Florida, United States
Joined Dec 2003
1,196 Posts
Carlos,

What's the best way to get there from Orlando? I've got a couple things to sell and always looking for a good deal.

I'll plan to bring my RTF T-hawk, Futaba 6exa transmitter, MRC 959 superbrain, and what ever else I can find.

Thanks,
Mac8
Mac8 is offline Find More Posts by Mac8
Old Mar 26, 2004, 02:39 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Mac8
Carlos,

What's the best way to get there from Orlando? I've got a couple things to sell and always looking for a good deal.

I'll plan to bring my RTF T-hawk, Futaba 6exa transmitter, MRC 959 superbrain, and what ever else I can find.

Thanks,
Mac8
Get on State Road 50 (SR-50) usually known as COLONIAL DRIVE in Orlando. Come all the way EAST and as soon as you go underneath I-95, you make a right turn on Windover Way between a Circle-K and TEXACO GAS Station.

Go South on Windover and about 1/10 of a mile you come to a dirt driveway on your right. Turn right into that driveway and you will see "PRIVATE PROPRERTY & another sign saying MOON PORT"

Hope this helps!
Carlos
Old Mar 26, 2004, 03:02 PM
Orlando Int, Florida, United States
Joined Dec 2003
1,196 Posts
Carlos,

Thanks for the help. Sounds like its before I get to the Walmart.
Mac8 is offline Find More Posts by Mac8
Old Mar 28, 2004, 03:09 PM
Alabama
Joined Feb 2003
617 Posts
03-28-2004 @ KARS

What a beautiful morning!
Arrived about 0800 and lo and behold several people were already there. I think this R/C flying thing is catching on.

I made one flight with the heli. It's a wonderful feeling when you can fly your heli and not worry about constantly correcting for wind. Plus when you go from heli to fix wing, it feels extra relaxing to fly the plane.

Had three other pilots. They seem to group together in threes for some reason. One flew a trainer, one flew a "something extra" (I think) with a Saito 56, the third was an electric man with a foam Beaver. He was doing wonderful in the calm.

I made two more very relaxing flights with the Ultrastick40 after everybody left. Got buzzed by the NASA heli twice. Early was an West to East path. Later was a glancing NW to SE fly by.

Does anybody know any of these guys? I wonder if they can see our R/C's from their heli?

He hope everybody had a chance to fly this morning somewhere!

Dave T.
Old Mar 31, 2004, 01:05 PM
Alabama
Joined Feb 2003
617 Posts
KARS field flying

Well the predictions for winds at KARS is getting reasonable for flying after work tomorrow (13-14 mph compared to 17-18mph earlier predictions).
Maybe there will be some brave souls who will come out and challenge mother nature. Of course, it will be April Fool's Day so anything can happen.

See ya at the field,
Dave T.
Old Mar 31, 2004, 07:07 PM
Account closed
Joined Oct 2002
35,016 Posts
Dave,

Super! Glad to learn it's getting better conditions at KARS and pretty soon we are going to have more day light hours once the clocks get turned the right way!

Hope to join you soon!
Carlos