HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 14, 2013, 12:18 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,599 Posts
Monday Morning was fantastic!

Park Zone Radian 2nd Flight after Post Repairs over Moon Port Modelers 01-14-2013 (5 min 8 sec)
PittSpecial is offline Find More Posts by PittSpecial
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 23, 2013, 11:10 AM
United States, FL, Titusville
Joined Apr 2011
26 Posts
Hi guys, I've been building our website and could use some help in making it what we want for our group. You can check out the beginnings of it here : http://moonportmodelers.sharepoint.com
This is our official site and as time goes by I will have it built into a very nice site complete wit pictures, videos and a place where we can go and do the same thing we are doing here. I will have links to YouTube, Facebook (moonportmodelers is the name of our Facebook page it may or may not be readable at this moment). I plan to have it finished in Feb. so your comments are important because I have to run them by Bob and Wayne before we put them on the site. Have a great day!
Dave the webmaster
dmoody19 is offline Find More Posts by dmoody19
Old Jan 23, 2013, 12:39 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,599 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoody19 View Post
Hi guys, I've been building our website and could use some help in making it what we want for our group. You can check out the beginnings of it here : http://moonportmodelers.sharepoint.com
This is our official site and as time goes by I will have it built into a very nice site complete wit pictures, videos and a place where we can go and do the same thing we are doing here. I will have links to YouTube, Facebook (moonportmodelers is the name of our Facebook page it may or may not be readable at this moment). I plan to have it finished in Feb. so your comments are important because I have to run them by Bob and Wayne before we put them on the site. Have a great day!
Dave the webmaster
Dave,

Get with Rodney (He deals with the Club's Official Club News Letter Distribution) and has a complete list of Moon Port Modelers Club Members so, you can E-mail this request and get everyone's attention.

I have no idea if all the membership visits this Thread or how many. I do not think too many do and hence why I am asking you to get with Rodney.

Thank you,
Carlos Marin
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:23 PM
Joined Apr 2011
26 Posts
slow down fellas lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by PittSpecial View Post
Dave,

Get with Rodney (He deals with the Club's Official Club News Letter Distribution) and has a complete list of Moon Port Modelers Club Members so, you can E-mail this request and get everyone's attention.

I have no idea if all the membership visits this Thread or how many. I do not think too many do and hence why I am asking you to get with Rodney.

Thank you,
Carlos Marin
Hi guys n gals. Listen I didn't mean for everyone to try to get on the site because it is many weeks away from being fully functional. I was just looking for ideas that maybe Bob, Wayne and I haven't thought of yet. You cant go there and log in because the page is not written all you can do is see the home page but please don't jump the gun here just email me or reach me here with ideas,. What we will have in the end is the presidents corner, activities and events, information about us and stuff like that. I have also been building links to Facebook so we can chat there and access it from the site and I am linking to YouTube so folks can watch videos etc there. That link will be in the site and when you click it you will be transferred to youtube to see videos there. I am hoping many will do videos and photos because the more we have (on facebook and YouTube) the more interest there will be in the club. I am adding a login page for members in the next few weeks . It will be a secure place that only paid up members will be able to access. In there we will find info on how to reach each other and special events or things that we should all be made aware of. I will have to get with Wayne and Bob before I add anything to any of the sites I am attaching to the webpage. I do know we will be limiting the amount of videos er person and things like that. So ... While i look forward to your suggestions please... please do not jump the gun telling everyone we are up and running because there are many many code sets to write and 6 months from now we will still be tweaking it. Come to the meeting on Monday and Bob and Wayne will talk a bit about it but the Feb meeting will be more in depth. Thanks for all the support you guys are giving I appreciate it.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:27 PM
Joined Apr 2011
26 Posts
Quote:
Dave,

Thank you,
Carlos Marin
Hi Carlos,
I have the lists I need now. Over time Rodney will be a very important part of the site, I will rely on him for info when needed and will always listen to his advice. We definitely want to keep him up on things , he has done much for the club and we appreciate it much. Have a great weekend friend. I don't think we have met person to person but I will try to make the March Fun Fly if it happens. I think it is march anyway :-)
See ya
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:40 PM
Joined Apr 2011
26 Posts
On a totally different note... Guys when you have a plane go down and its bad please get with me before you trash the plane? I get a lot of my planes by fixin up dead ones and If you would give me a chance, I can many times fix some very hopeless planes into something ready to fly. We could end up with some nice planes to use for events and trainers etc. plus I can always use another plane myself. I am disabled vet so there are many times I cannot get to the field and fly but I need things to work on here and this keeps me busy.
Anyway you guys have a blast and I look forward to meeting more of you as time goes by. Ive been a member for a couple years now and still hardly know most of you. Thats my fault mostly since the only time I feel up to being there is normally in the afternoons... Ohhh.. Last year I lost three planes. A jap zero painted green with an orange receiver in it (receiver was not the problem the engine died), a cox Cessna (the little foamy plane) and a Hobbico Superstar. The plane went down straight out and across from the first position flying group. If you find it please let me know it has a brand new spectrum 8 channel dsmx receiver in it that I would like to try and make work again. (daughter crashed it and we couldn't find it).
Last edited by dmoody19; Jan 25, 2013 at 07:43 PM. Reason: spelling errors
Old Jan 26, 2013, 04:13 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,599 Posts
dmoondy19,

I got a few that I will give you if you can just PM me with you telephone number!!

All kinds, balsa and foam! Spare parts etc.,..

Let me know!
Carlos
Old Feb 06, 2013, 03:39 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,599 Posts
Maiden of my new Park Zone P-47 Thunderbolt!

Got this new model about two weeks ago and had to pick it up at Palmetto, Florida which was approximately 160 miles away. I bought it here in the classifieds knowing well that I was going to use this trip to visit my oldest daughter that lives in Tampa, Florida while on the way to pick the model so, it worked in all accounts.

Missing was the Motor, however, the ESC, all servos and Flaps were configured with flap servos pre-installed.

Early this morning, I finally got around to finish the model by installing a brand new Park Zone 15 Brushless motor (950Kv) and I thought to myself, why not make it look as scale as possible so, I found a bag with at least (Quantity 6) Grand Wing Servo (GWS) 4-Blade (10 X 8 X 4) Plastic "Electric" Propellers. I had to hone them to the propeller adapter that I used (Great Planes Propeller Adapter that comes with the GD600 gearbox). Honing out the inner Propeller Hub took patience since you can easily over-heat the Propeller Hub and deform it, if you do not STOP and allow the hub to cool while drilling.

Using a spare Spektrum AR500, and my Spektrum DX7 the model was activated for the first time at the wee hours of early morning around 3:00am Eastern. I was pleasantly surprised on the smooth Propeller power run up using the Black molded 4-Blade GWS Propeller. No vibrations or wobble.

I used Minwax Water Based Polycrylic to protect the paint and decals and it worked like a charm. The maiden was super scale and that GWS 4-Blade provided lots of punch in the thrust department and air speed was pretty impressive as well.

Best of all the landing was spectacular with full flaps (Flaps on Gear switch). Model touched down super slow and like watching the full size! That 4-Blade really helps provide thrust during landing.

A few pictures of my early morning setup work and at the field.

Old Feb 07, 2013, 09:56 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,599 Posts
Thursday Morning (02-07-2013)

Flew my new Park Zone P-47 Thunderbolt for its 2nd flight as I over slept this morning and missed my Van Pool Vehicle I wasted no time and packed my car with the Thunderbolt, gear and was able to get to my RC Club on the way to work right at 8:03am and it flew with just fantastic manners even with a slight increasing breeze coming from the South - South East direction.

Someone had his Thunderbolt up in the air that did not have flaps and on his landing his model bounced twice before coming on the mains in a steady manner. I came in right after his and he is now convinced with installing the FLAPS as mine came in nice and gentle like (even with a slight cross wind) and touched down on its mains without any bounce and no nose over or even a hint of a nose over.

The gentleman came over to admire my new acquired Thunderbolt and saw for himself how easy it is to install the FLAPS and most importantly amazed that I am using the Gear switch.

Just another super morning!
Old Feb 07, 2013, 03:45 PM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,329 Posts
Hi Carlos you have bought one of my favorite Parkzone warbirds there i love the P-47 anyway here is my build videos show them to your mate it will help him out. also a couple of flights one in the dead calm of morning the other at lunch time in the wind. Shows just how good this plane is though.

cheers chuck

PS you and your mates in my comp yet to win a new Spektrum DX7s ? https://www.facebook.com/pages/Thril...75108069215605

Parkzone P-47D The Wing Build Part 2- A (11 min 15 sec)

Parkzone P-47D Wing Build Part 2-B (10 min 34 sec)

Parkzone P-47D Thunderbolt Pt 1 Early Morning Calm Air (6 min 9 sec)

Parkzone P-47D Thunderbolt Pt 2. Lunchtime In The Wind (6 min 50 sec)
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Old Feb 07, 2013, 11:20 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,599 Posts
Chuck!

Thanks for the videos and I do not know about my buddies but, I have a DX7 already, thanks!

Say, it seems like we both Love the Jug!

Ha!
Old Feb 22, 2013, 05:44 AM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,599 Posts
Rodney's Scratch Built Wing!

Rodney's Scratch Built Wing!

Rodney's Scratch Built Wing RC Airplane Model 02-20-2013 (5 min 24 sec)
Old Mar 08, 2013, 01:31 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,599 Posts
First Annual FUN FLY @ MOON PORT

Saturday morning!

MARCH 9th, 2013

MOON PORT MODELERS RC CLUB is hosting it first of the year FUN FLY, all types of models (Airplanes, Heli's of all power) are welcomed to come and enjoy.

GLOW & GASOLINE POWERED MODELS can Start Up at 0800 hours, however, Electric Flight can take place as soon as the Sun is up.

Hope to see most of you out there!
Carlos
Last edited by PittSpecial; Mar 16, 2013 at 04:05 PM.
Old Mar 09, 2013, 05:39 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,599 Posts
Fun fly!

Guys!

Just got back from a long day at the RC Club as we held our first annual FUN FLY event and let me tell you all......my E-Flite Hawker Hurricane 25e was a BIG hit and everyone Loved the way it flew! We had about 12 MPH winds and it was cross-wind due to the orientation of our Runway and it landed like a Pussy Cat! Partial Flaps did the trick, and the model eased slowly into the wind and touched down on its mains with effortless manner and DID NOT NOSE over! Again, I backed out the battery about one full inch AFT and this seems to be doing the trick from avoiding NOSE OVERS.

As a matter of fact, the model over shot the smooth runway and landed on the side grass field which surprised everyone at the Club that it did not nose over!

Just an amazing day!
Pitts!
Old Mar 10, 2013, 02:46 PM
Right Rudder
USA, FL, Orlando
Joined Nov 2010
8,599 Posts
Quote:
Guys!

Just got back from a long day at the RC Club as we held our first annual FUN FLY event and let me tell you all......my E-Flite Hawker Hurricane 25e was a BIG hit and everyone Loved the way it flew! We had about 12 MPH winds and it was cross-wind due to the orientation of our Runway and it landed like a Pussy Cat! Partial Flaps did the trick, and the model eased slowly into the wind and touched down on its mains with effortless manner and DID NOT NOSE over! Again, I backed out the battery about one full inch AFT and this seems to be doing the trick from avoiding NOSE OVERS.

As a matter of fact, the model over shot the smooth runway and landed on the side grass field which surprised everyone at the Club that it did not nose over!

Just an amazing day!
Pitts!
A few pictures of the gang at Moon Port!