SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 21, 2004, 12:43 PM
Joined Feb 2004
1 Posts
EOLO Spirit Pro vs. JR Voyager E

Hi, I am new to RC Heli world and planning to get an electric heli. Is there any comparison between the EOLO Spirit Pro and JR Voyager E? Or there's simply no comparison because they are not in the same class? Which one would you guys recommend for a newbie like me? Thanks!
discus is offline Find More Posts by discus
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2004, 12:58 PM
luc
I plant balsa sticks too
France
Joined Feb 2000
3,585 Posts
I know the eolo is more fashioned as newer on the block, but I have a VE and like it; it is very slightly bigger than the eolo.
luc is offline Find More Posts by luc
Old Feb 21, 2004, 01:09 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
18,065 Posts
In stock form the Eolo is much better. The Eolo Pro will do 3D right out of the box.

Also, the Eolo has a nice tight control system that makes it fly like a larger helicopter. The VE has a sloppier feel and has a nasty wobble if the head speed gets to low.

The Voyager E is getting to be an old design. It is very heavy and has a head with a lot of design issues. To make the Voyager do good 3D you need a CF frame, small servos, and a metal head (the quick head is a good choice). Some also install a longer boom and blades.

There are lots of better choices than the Voyager E. JR really needs to replace it with a new design.
RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Last edited by RC Man; Feb 21, 2004 at 01:12 PM.
Old Feb 21, 2004, 02:26 PM
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Oct 2001
1,037 Posts
Like the "Park Mite"!?
corey is offline Find More Posts by corey