HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 22, 2013, 08:23 AM
Spain, Community of Madrid, Madrid
Joined Aug 2013
106 Posts
Vision starts shipping to end customer towards the end of this week, and still no official announcement from DJI side ? Why ???

And no word of Phantom II non Vision either...
yeray is offline Find More Posts by yeray
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2013, 03:32 AM
Joined Sep 2013
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by borneobear View Post
Yes, battery will be 5200 mAh.
Maximum flying time is 30 minutes. But I would suspect this will drain the battery to 20%, which may shorten lifespan significantly.

BB

its 4400 mAh 3s lipo

haven't had time to see how long it goes for but the unit look very neat

also the 5.8 tx can be changed to mode 1 from mode 2 without a hassle as its a software change now so all the old rc guys can fly mode 1
PERTHRC is offline Find More Posts by PERTHRC
Old Oct 23, 2013, 05:34 AM
CunningStuntsFPV
Australia, WA, Dirk Hartog Island
Joined Dec 2012
627 Posts
Still not worth $1200 against the IRIS from 3DR. Only time will tell.
figgoat is offline Find More Posts by figgoat
Old Oct 23, 2013, 07:01 AM
United Kingdom, England, Birkenhead
Joined Dec 2012
107 Posts
Phantom Vision Beta model testing (9 min 46 sec)
Wheels_UK is offline Find More Posts by Wheels_UK
Old Oct 23, 2013, 07:45 AM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
9,852 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by figgoat View Post
Still not worth $1200 against the IRIS from 3DR. Only time will tell.
Please this is a owners thread. If that is your opinion, that's fine. Please don't post in this thread.
blade strike is online now Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Last edited by blade strike; Oct 23, 2013 at 08:08 AM.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 01:16 PM
Joined Oct 2013
21 Posts
Do you know if the Vision will work with DJI's ground station app ?? Does it need additional HW or is it built in ?

I am not inquiring about the vision iPhone app but the one that will allow mission planning

thanks
Loubnyc is offline Find More Posts by Loubnyc
Old Oct 23, 2013, 01:41 PM
Joined Aug 2013
21 Posts
I'm going to buy this next month, but I need to know the box dimensions and shipping weight. Haven't found that info anywhere, so if anyone could share that, it would be a great help.
Arqui3D is offline Find More Posts by Arqui3D
Old Oct 23, 2013, 03:02 PM
Tweaker
Corona Del Mar
Joined Sep 2005
7,119 Posts
Subscribed
RemE is offline Find More Posts by RemE
Old Oct 23, 2013, 04:01 PM
It got away...
United States, CO, Boulder
Joined Feb 2013
1,396 Posts
Never wanted a phantom but I am starting
To like it more! DJi rules!!
Number2 is online now Find More Posts by Number2
Old Oct 24, 2013, 07:28 AM
Any excuse to fly
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Apr 2008
550 Posts
I would like more info on the Phantom 2 , I already have the Zenmuse with GP3 which i would like to keep as many others have.
LHTPlane is offline Find More Posts by LHTPlane
Old Oct 24, 2013, 04:43 PM
My poor poor planes.
United States, LA, Lake Charles
Joined May 2012
327 Posts
Still no new news on anything?
winndaddy is offline Find More Posts by winndaddy
Old Oct 25, 2013, 02:00 PM
United States, WA, Lyle
Joined Nov 2011
373 Posts
Ok is anyone getting excited yet ????
rpmlog09 is offline Find More Posts by rpmlog09
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LI-PO How and why
Old Oct 25, 2013, 02:40 PM
Tweaker
Corona Del Mar
Joined Sep 2005
7,119 Posts
I am! I had a QX350 on backorder for months, collected parts and add-on's, got a GoPro Hero3+Black only to find a thread where it seems GoPro focused them closer in for clearer action capture which softens the distance, just great. So I decided to pull the plug, returned the cam (wasn't up to opening it up and honking on the lens with pliers to get it right), cancelled the 350 and have thrown in for the Vision.

This is a very forward thinking design, reversing the radio video links to support smart phones, adding the WiFi Hotspot/extender, the very cool app, the simple battery setup. Fingers crossed that it all plays well since it's such a purpose built machine. If it does work, it will be awesome.
RemE is offline Find More Posts by RemE
Old Oct 25, 2013, 02:47 PM
United States, WA, Lyle
Joined Nov 2011
373 Posts
I am too I have have my pre-order in with dronefly and they are still on time for a Monday shipping so we will see.
rpmlog09 is offline Find More Posts by rpmlog09
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: LI-PO How and why
Old Oct 25, 2013, 03:03 PM
Fly allot, Crash allot, next?
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Feb 2006
7,235 Posts
Hey Rem,

I saw your post over on the QX thread, I am in a quandary myself regarding the Phantom Vision. I have the first generation Phantom with GOPRO and it flew away twice. This made it totally unreliable in the area that I live, people, expensive cars, homes close by.

Now I got the QX350, 2 0f them with B props, GOPRO and Mobius cameras. No problem with anything, but GOPRO video is distorted. No flyaway, but no advanced programming either.

So, that is why I am here, the Phantom Vision. I am wondering if they have fixed the fly away problem? This is serious. If they fixed it, I'm a buyer because the DJI concept appears to be more developed than the competition, and I want a RTF package that works out of the box. 20 plus years, lots of tinker money lost, no more, been there done that.

Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemE View Post
I am! I had a QX350 on backorder for months, collected parts and add-on's, got a GoPro Hero3+Black only to find a thread where it seems GoPro focused them closer in for clearer action capture which softens the distance, just great. So I decided to pull the plug, returned the cam (wasn't up to opening it up and honking on the lens with pliers to get it right), cancelled the 350 and have thrown in for the Vision.

This is a very forward thinking design, reversing the radio video links to support smart phones, adding the WiFi Hotspot/extender, the very cool app, the simple battery setup. Fingers crossed that it all plays well since it's such a purpose built machine. If it does work, it will be awesome.
SCALEFAN is offline Find More Posts by SCALEFAN