HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 04, 2013, 11:30 PM
Joined Oct 2013
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daskim View Post
INTELLIGENT ORIENTATION CONTROL (IOC)

Phantom also has the Intelligent Orientation Control (IOC) function of the Naza-M autopilot system. Usually, the forward direction of a flying multi-rotor is the same as the nose direction. By using Intelligent Orientation Control (IOC), wherever the nose points, the forward direction has nothing to do with nose direction: In course lock flying, the forward direction is the same as a recorded nose direction. In home lock flying, the forward direction is the same as the direction from home point to the multi-rotor.
oic.. this means that if the nose is pointing back at me, i wont have to do the mental switch of direction in my head.. i just flew for the first time 30mins ago.. going straight it was not so difficult.. but once the direction is heading back.. i was confused.
jerms is offline Find More Posts by jerms
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2013, 12:03 AM
Joined Jul 2011
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerms View Post
oic.. this means that if the nose is pointing back at me, i wont have to do the mental switch of direction in my head.. i just flew for the first time 30mins ago.. going straight it was not so difficult.. but once the direction is heading back.. i was confused.
Very good explaination.
naza gps ioc info (8 min 37 sec)
Laserbazooka is offline Find More Posts by Laserbazooka
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 05, 2013, 12:07 AM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Oct 2013
584 Posts
in IOC Course Lock, no matter what direction your Phantom is pointing, back will be back and left will be left. This is assuming that your original heading direction was established during start up and you didn't change the direction of where you (the operator) are orientated in relation to that heading (you can also manually change the heading direction by flicking the IOC switch like 4-6 times while the PHantom is stationary).

I am a noob at flying but try drills and wow does it become natural over time. I fly forward backward all the time and use the yaw to make turns. Hardly use left and right (unfamiliar with the aviation terms hehe) Flying in IOC now is weird to me but ok for filming perhaps. For straight flying though, it isn't natural feeling. But give hours of flying and you will be a natural. Try going slow first and mentally choosing where the Phantom goes and try repeating that. Figure 8 around soccer nets was great. Then reverse it =)

Quote:
Phantom604 is offline Find More Posts by Phantom604
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Video Resources - For Beginners
Old Nov 05, 2013, 12:11 AM
Tweaker
Corona Del Mar
Joined Sep 2005
6,897 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
Have a few updates to share-

1) Enable IOC; firmware within 14 days
2) Rx and Tx update; Rx update via assistant software; Tx update with new software to be released. Enable CE compliance more range (to 400 meters)
3) Lens mount kit ... for 46mm lens filter; in 3 to 4 weeks
4) DJI PC software to convert its own RAW format to Adobe DNG RAW within few weeks.

I will confirm these updates when I receive more info in the next few days .....

I have no price for the lens kit nor availability at this time.
Wow, that's really great news!

The lens mount kit is intriguing, are we talking different lenses? or a 46mm threaded ring for attaching things like Polarizers and ND filters?

I love the idea of IOC, being a more line of sight focused flyer, the idea of being able to "reel it in" to a home position without having to keep track of the nose could be useful at times. My main question is once you initialize a home position or track direction, can you engage and dis-engage this mode while flying?

Last thought, just a customer feedback input. Since the iPhone app is already so powerful, why not take it a little further and add Voice Prompts? It would be awesome to configure periodic voice call outs of battery life, alt, distance etc. user could set intervals etc. It would be really helpful I think.

Anyhow, thanks for sharing!
RemE is online now Find More Posts by RemE
Old Nov 05, 2013, 12:14 AM
Joined Jul 2011
45 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyw View Post
Have a few updates to share-

1) Enable IOC; firmware within 14 days
2) Rx and Tx update; Rx update via assistant software; Tx update with new software to be released. Enable CE compliance more range (to 400 meters)
3) Lens mount kit ... for 46mm lens filter; in 3 to 4 weeks
4) DJI PC software to convert its own RAW format to Adobe DNG RAW within few weeks.

I will confirm these updates when I receive more info in the next few days .....

I have no price for the lens kit nor availability at this time.
Great to have these. Thanks for sharing!!
Laserbazooka is offline Find More Posts by Laserbazooka
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 05, 2013, 12:26 AM
Tweaker
Corona Del Mar
Joined Sep 2005
6,897 Posts
Quote:
These flight modes will help you, but as was mentioned, nothing takes the place of learning to fly a model without aids like this. I would highly recommend that you buy something like a Blade Nano QX and fly the heck out of it to learn how to recognize the way orientation stays with the model, it needs to become muscle memory that directional controls reverse when a model is coming towards you.
RemE is online now Find More Posts by RemE
Old Nov 05, 2013, 12:50 AM
Joined Jun 2011
39 Posts
Also would like to see an option to assign Return to Home to the toggle switch rather than having to disconnect entirely from the phantom to activate! Come on DJI, the Blade 350 has a toggle for this feature!
deathcharge is offline Find More Posts by deathcharge
Old Nov 05, 2013, 01:14 AM
Joined Oct 2013
65 Posts
Great advice everyone! i will train to fly without aids so that i can fly it well for photography and video!
jerms is offline Find More Posts by jerms
Old Nov 05, 2013, 02:08 AM View Post
sakoi
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Personal Attack. It is temporarily hidden while sakoi edits it. Show it to me anyway.
Old Nov 05, 2013, 02:20 AM
Spain, Community of Madrid, Madrid
Joined Aug 2013
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcharge View Post
Also would like to see an option to assign Return to Home to the toggle switch rather than having to disconnect entirely from the phantom to activate! Come on DJI, the Blade 350 has a toggle for this feature!
They'll implement it in the next software releases as it's a feature the Phantom 1 also has.
yeray is offline Find More Posts by yeray
Old Nov 05, 2013, 04:07 AM
Australia, NSW, Byron Bay
Joined Sep 2012
279 Posts
sakoi I find this forum Helpful

[QUOTE=sakoi;26555414]
Quote:
Originally Posted by zupermario View Post
LOL you are very funny :-) :-) I'm sure everyone will feel your absence :-) :-)

LOL you are extremely arrogant :-):-)

It's people like you who makes forums useless. You have this kind of I am bigger than life attitude. This "I don't have to reply to anything you ask for, and if I do, it's because I want to" kind of arrogant attitude.

This forum is crap! I don't mind if my account gets banned. Luckily there are hundreds of other RC forums where people actually care to help everybody, and where they actually have something useful to say, other than "LOL", and "stay away" or don't answer at all.
Sakoi Read the Forum all your question have been answered

So what is your problem Ive had great help from this forum and been reading it for quite a while now. From your posts so far you seem only to be complaining and winging

Either be positive or leave and If you get banded it will only be your own fault

hope you can change your attitude make a effort Remember your in a public space and behave according

My apologies to the forum for getting off topic

Enjoy
AviZ is offline Find More Posts by AviZ
Old Nov 05, 2013, 05:35 AM
HGT
Suspended Account
United States, CO, Parker
Joined Jan 2013
3,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravia3D View Post
Blazin Mini Vision
The Blazin Mini Vision is out now for all of you that would like to attach your iPad Mini to the Phantom 2 Vision controller.
Great idea and offering!
HGT is offline Find More Posts by HGT
Last edited by HGT; Nov 05, 2013 at 05:48 AM.
Old Nov 05, 2013, 06:40 AM
Joined Jan 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RemE View Post
Wow, that's really great news!

The lens mount kit is intriguing, are we talking different lenses? or a 46mm threaded ring for attaching things like Polarizers and ND filters?

I love the idea of IOC, being a more line of sight focused flyer, the idea of being able to "reel it in" to a home position without having to keep track of the nose could be useful at times. My main question is once you initialize a home position or track direction, can you engage and dis-engage this mode while flying?

Last thought, just a customer feedback input. Since the iPhone app is already so powerful, why not take it a little further and add Voice Prompts? It would be awesome to configure periodic voice call outs of battery life, alt, distance etc. user could set intervals etc. It would be really helpful I think.

Anyhow, thanks for sharing!
Excellent idea! Voice prompts/feedback would be awesome. The lens kit sounds pretty cool.
aWanderer is offline Find More Posts by aWanderer
Old Nov 05, 2013, 08:01 AM
United States, TX, Waxahachie
Joined Nov 2013
78 Posts
B&H are advertising the spare battery for $159 USD. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...G&Q=&A=details
Noobiedoobiedoo is offline Find More Posts by Noobiedoobiedoo
Old Nov 05, 2013, 08:51 AM
DJI Support
Las Vegas/Lake Tahoe
Joined Feb 2010
9,149 Posts
A new manual is up on the DJI website for the Vision http://download.dji-innovations.com/...l_v1.02_en.pdf
Tahoe Ed is online now Find More Posts by Tahoe Ed
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Accessory Pin Out