HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 13, 2013, 09:48 AM
United Kingdom, England, Wallingford
Joined Nov 2013
142 Posts
How-to video for opening up the Vision

Hi there, I've just posted a rough and amateurish video on how to open up the Vision and remove the camera - either for repairs or to add something like a Flytrex - for first-time Phantom owners (as I was 6 weeks ago!).

Don't expect Hollywood production values but I hope it's fairly clear and shows you what tools you'll need and a couple of tips.

If you're an old pro - move along now, nothing to see here...

How to open the DJI Phantom 2 Vision (plus how to remove the camera) (3 min 4 sec)
Pull_Up is offline Find More Posts by Pull_Up
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 13, 2013, 09:52 AM
Joined Nov 2013
9 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett1868 View Post
Went out and bought a 7" Samsung Galaxy Note 3 tonight specifically to run the Vision app but it appears to not be supported Do I return it for a refund or should I hang onto it in the hope the next version works....Is there a 7-8" device that works?
Do as GP1967 has advised. I had the same issue with my 7" nextbook. I was very stoked when I got an email back from customer service within minutes of sending request. It was 9pm MST.

I guess there is an issue with the play store.

Cheers and have fun flying
astar73 is offline Find More Posts by astar73
Old Dec 13, 2013, 10:12 AM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
11,089 Posts
The note 3 should work without side loading.. There are many of us using this device.

You will have to follow these directions though:
blade strike is online now Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Pilot App *BETA* Overview
Old Dec 13, 2013, 10:22 AM
BJNJ
United States, NJ, Morris Plains
Joined Dec 2013
97 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddSmi View Post
FYI...I have an older Nexus 7 and it is definitely not compatible. I haven't yet heard of anyone using an Android tablet with the DJI app, but if some of you know differently, please chime in. I know that the Note2 and Note3 have both been reported to work well and are a nice tweener size between cell phone and tablet, and are lightweight.
My Toshiba Thrive 10" worked very well. Lot easier to manipulate parameters but heavy.

BJNJ
rjmoravs is online now Find More Posts by rjmoravs
Old Dec 13, 2013, 10:24 AM
BJNJ
United States, NJ, Morris Plains
Joined Dec 2013
97 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchy123 View Post
Yes, I noticed that
There was also a new PV2 User Manual V1.05, but that has gone as well
Just added the camera update procedure that was in the release .zip

BJNJ
rjmoravs is online now Find More Posts by rjmoravs
Old Dec 13, 2013, 11:27 AM
Joined Nov 2013
1,158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpauk View Post
Odd...
Yesterday P2 , FC40 and Spreading Wings s1000 (the expected octocopter) were listed on dji's site as coming soon under all products -- gone again today!!
Seems like DJI has a little disconnect between their product development and marketing teams. If their goal is to be the Eastern Apple, they have a ways to go. They certainly have some cool stuff, perhaps they just need to settle down, work out the kinks, and develop a more detailed road map for going forward.

Just the observations of a noob.
Dave Pitman is offline Find More Posts by Dave Pitman
Old Dec 13, 2013, 12:16 PM
Joined Nov 2013
119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brett2006 View Post
PM your email address, I will have the right people contact you.
I PM'd ya my email address. Curious as to who you know that has a solution for this focus problem and what's it going to cost me(?).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemE View Post
Well they shouldn't be fuzzy at the sides. I would do a static test just to be sure that there wasn't motion artifact involved.

Here's a post I did static at all the various resolutions;
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=794
I went out this morning and took a couple of static pics...sure enough the right 10% of pictures are out of focus while everything else is clear. I'm emailing my dealer and sending some pictures and wait for a response as what to do. Bad luck I guess.

charlie0369 is offline Find More Posts by charlie0369
Old Dec 13, 2013, 01:19 PM
Joined Oct 2012
407 Posts
DJI RAW files

I know that some of these days would be a FW that will handle Adobe DNG pic files, but meanwhile, what software open P2V RAW files?
I have tried Adobe LR4 and could not open pics...

++++++++++++++++

I am using a fast SD 32 card. Is it normal for the P2V camera to take some time to show up as soon as the RAW pic is taken?
The SD card was formated within dji app and is empty.
What are your thoughts?

Thanks anticipated
rruiz is offline Find More Posts by rruiz
Old Dec 13, 2013, 01:36 PM
Joined Aug 2013
48 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie0369 View Post
I PM'd ya my email address. Curious as to who you know that has a solution for this focus problem and what's it going to cost me(?).

I went out this morning and took a couple of static pics...sure enough the right 10% of pictures are out of focus while everything else is clear. I'm emailing my dealer and sending some pictures and wait for a response as what to do. Bad luck I guess.

I'd be trying to get a replacement camera or full unit. To make your bunk camera case a little easier to show you should take some photos of this resolution chart with the lens perpendicular to the chart. I'm not sure how close the camera will focus and because it's a fisheye lens you'll need to put the chart as close to the camera as it'll focus.
akphotog is offline Find More Posts by akphotog
Old Dec 13, 2013, 01:44 PM
Tweaker
Corona Del Mar
Joined Sep 2005
7,584 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rruiz View Post
I know that some of these days would be a FW that will handle Adobe DNG pic files, but meanwhile, what software open P2V RAW files?
I have tried Adobe LR4 and could not open pics...

++++++++++++++++

I am using a fast SD 32 card. Is it normal for the P2V camera to take some time to show up as soon as the RAW pic is taken?
The SD card was formated within dji app and is empty.
What are your thoughts?

Thanks anticipated
There is currently no way to open and use the stock RAW vision photos. There was supposed to be software to convert them and now there is supposed to be in-camera storing of RAW Adobe format photos with a soon to be released firmware update for the camera. This begs the question, will you ever be able to open any currently stored stock Vision RAW files using a software converter? I don't have that answer.

When taking a photo, it is normal for the phone app video feed to blank out while the photo is taken for a second or two. When I set it for auto snap every 3 seconds, the ipad video display is only visible for about 1 -2 seconds between photos.
RemE is online now Find More Posts by RemE
Old Dec 13, 2013, 01:57 PM
United Kingdom, England, Bognor Regis
Joined Feb 2011
355 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by akphotog View Post
I'd be trying to get a replacement camera or full unit. To make your bunk camera case a little easier to show you should take some photos of this resolution chart with the lens perpendicular to the chart. I'm not sure how close the camera will focus and because it's a fisheye lens you'll need to put the chart as close to the camera as it'll focus.
Thanks for the chart, I shall try it on mine tomorrow.

DJI have been in contact about my FC200 camera, requesting I sent them some samples, which I have now done.

Just waiting to hear back
Mitchy123 is offline Find More Posts by Mitchy123
Old Dec 13, 2013, 02:15 PM
Joined Dec 2013
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett1868 View Post
Went out and bought a 7" Samsung Galaxy Note 3 tonight specifically to run the Vision app but it appears to not be supported Do I return it for a refund or should I hang onto it in the hope the next version works....Is there a 7-8" device that works?
I use my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with the Phantom Vision (downloaded from the Play Store.) Other than wishing the video filled the screen, it works fine. Are you sure you have a Note 3? The reason I ask is that you said 7", and the Note 3 is not 7".
TheMostToys is online now Find More Posts by TheMostToys
Old Dec 13, 2013, 02:34 PM
KrewKids #7
U.S. Virgin Islands, St Thomas
Joined Nov 2013
33 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by akphotog View Post
I want to get a dJI quadcopter and if I earn half my Dad will pay half. It will be a couple of months before I earn enough money. We have some gopro cameras so the phantom 1 can be the least expensive. I have never flown a quadcopter but like what I know about the vision and have read all the posts in this group. Do you think DJI will include all the updates and fixes for the vision they sell in a couple of months so I won’t have to do anything except fly it?
Hunter McKenzie is offline Find More Posts by Hunter McKenzie
Old Dec 13, 2013, 02:41 PM
United States, CA, Sacramento
Joined Nov 2013
923 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpauk View Post
My version one N7 works fine with the app, as dies a cheap clone 5" note clone...
Really, how did you get the app working on the older version of Nexus 7, and what version of Android are you currently running on it? Anything special you needed to do to get it to work properly? I guy earlier on in this thread tried installing from a rooted N7 and said the overlay menus were all screwed up so not to bother trying a backdoor install. Curious to hear your experience as this would be a nice option for folks including me
ToddSmi is offline Find More Posts by ToddSmi
Old Dec 13, 2013, 02:44 PM
DJI SUPPORT / TESTING
United States, CA, Big Bear
Joined Jan 2006
11,089 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMostToys View Post
I use my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with the Phantom Vision (downloaded from the Play Store.) Other than wishing the video filled the screen, it works fine. Are you sure you have a Note 3? The reason I ask is that you said 7", and the Note 3 is not 7".
The video should scale to fill the screen. The last few updates, you need to update via the app.
blade strike is online now Find More Posts by blade strike
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: DJI Pilot App *BETA* Overview