HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 21, 2004, 12:46 AM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,304 Posts
Anyone sent a Himax for service? And got it back?

I broke the shaft off of my 2015-3600 trying to straighten it. I sent it in to Maxx products January 9th. I called about two weeks ago to get an update. The guy seemed completely lost, took my number and said he'd call me back in a few minutes. Never got that call. I've e-mailed them with no response. I love my Himax motors but Maxx products customer service sucks.

Is mine an isolated incident? Anyone else have this problem with them?

Joe
turbojoe is offline Find More Posts by turbojoe
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2004, 01:34 AM
San Jose, California
Joined Jan 2002
1,199 Posts
I had to call them 3 times, but they ended up sending me a new motor.

I think it's one guy that runs repair. Greg I think it is.

Took 4 weeks to get it back, but like I said, they sent a new one.
jbc455 is offline Find More Posts by jbc455
Old Feb 21, 2004, 12:45 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,304 Posts
I'll be happy just to get the old one back. With a new shaft of course. I sent them aonther e-mail last night. Hopefully they'll respond soon. I just don't want to let it go so long that I forget the motor is out there. They haven't even contacted me with a repair price. (It's definitely not a warranty repair). Aside from the 3600 I also have a 4100 that I fly every weekend. They're awesome motors and I'll buy more of them.
Joe
Old Feb 21, 2004, 06:27 PM
San Jose, California
Joined Jan 2002
1,199 Posts
Mine wasn't warranty work either. I had to call to get the quote.

Give them a holler. They'll have to find your paperwork, then let you know how much.

John
jbc455 is offline Find More Posts by jbc455
Old Feb 27, 2004, 05:46 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,304 Posts
I forgot to post here what happened. I got an e-mail response from Greg apologizing for the delay. It seems they have been waiting for replacement repair equipment and they have gotten behind. I was getting worried that they had lost it or something. Because of the time I had to wait he isn't charging me any labor. It's going to cost me $13.00 for a new rotor. I think that's a pretty darned good deal. Everything is working out in the end.

Joe
Old Feb 27, 2004, 06:22 PM
NM
Joined Jun 2002
652 Posts
I apologize if this is too far off topic

I think they have been overwhelmed.........I had a hard time getting a reply in regards to the in-line gearboxes and their current reliability. I have a 2025 with the 3:6 inline gear box, and have not used it yet, and with all the problems others have had, I wanted to return the motor +GB for just a motor. After quite a few tries to get a response, they indicated that the 3:6 gearboxes do not have the stripping problem, so use it and there should be no problem........I hope that is the case!
Anyone out there with any history on the 3:6 inline gearboxes?
thanks
kbb
kevin b berger is offline Find More Posts by kevin b berger
Old Feb 27, 2004, 08:43 PM
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Jun 2002
1,181 Posts
That`s what they told me about a 3.2 gearbox..and my buddy stripped his 3.2 yesterday
mlehman is offline Find More Posts by mlehman
Old Feb 28, 2004, 08:51 PM
AMA 562227
United States, CA, Bear Valley Springs
Joined Jan 2003
627 Posts
I had the 2025-4243 w/ 4:1 gearbox during the height of the stripping problems - Sent it in for repair in mid-November. Inquired in an enclosed letter about the possibility of exchanging it for a non-GB motor, never got a reply. Called in Mid-Dec and sent e-mails, got no response. Did get a brand new motor the second week In January, though. No Charge. At least took care of it eventually.... I'm not bitter, the motor works great now and I'd buy another with no hesitation (no gearbox, of course).
Three-Wire is offline Find More Posts by Three-Wire
Old Feb 28, 2004, 09:53 PM
Chicagoland Area
Joined Oct 2003
412 Posts
I have bought motors from them and one great thing is they do get replacment parts ,I have not had this problem hope it works out for you. P.S. I live 20 minutes from them will go lean on them for you if you want .LOL.
WingMan33 is offline Find More Posts by WingMan33