HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 20, 2004, 09:09 PM
San Jose Calif.
Joined Apr 2003
10 Posts
Yippee!
Aerotowing at Los Banos Feb. 28th!

Hi Gang

SBSS would like to invite anyone that would like to come down or up to Los Banos for our first club aerotow day. We lost our regular flying field and have contacted the park system about flying once a month at Los Banos and this Feb. 28th will be our first try at it! We are looking into having the usally landing/takeoff area moved WAY BACK! If you have ever flown at Los Banos were talking about having the area where you would be making your final turn to land our landing area now! If this works out we will probably adopt this for the big events! We have 3 confirmed tugs at this point! Hope to see you there. Also this is slated as a scale club get-together no nonscale or foam ships please. If you need directions or contact info please email me direct at blkflash@pacbell.net
Jerry Heimbecker
FASTBUICK is offline Find More Posts by FASTBUICK
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 26, 2004, 01:21 PM
Life-abstract=conformity
S.F. Bay Area
Joined Aug 2002
1,854 Posts
Is AMA req'd?

Hey Jerry,
I'm not setup with retracts,can I bring my scale stuff and fly anyway?
Skies.
Jay.
AirBornOne is offline Find More Posts by AirBornOne
Last edited by AirBornOne; Feb 26, 2004 at 02:00 PM.
Old Feb 26, 2004, 06:13 PM
San Jose Calif.
Joined Apr 2003
10 Posts
Hi Jay

As far as AMA that is your choice to fly without it. The site is not a AMA sanction site. We are looking into making this our monthly site and it will fall under AMA ruling for our monthly aerotowing. I think it will be manditory to have AMA to fly with us this weekend. I will bring a application with me and you can pay there if you want to fly. As far as retract you wouldn't need one to aerotow. If this is a slope ship then I bet it has a few minor scratches on the belly allready I will try and remind someone to bring a dolly to help protect it on liftoff. I have taking off a few times straight off the dirt or grass and only came up with a few minor blemisses. The landing is going to be carring the most speed so if you were going to mar it up it would be on that. If you are talking about a tow release then it is going to be hard to tow up If you are going to come out and fly slope that would be great too. We were trying to keep it scale and not flying wing combat type ships. Hope you make it out the weather is looking good. And I just recieved a email from Walt that Sat. is a go now for sure!
Jerry can't wait till Saturday Heimbecker
FASTBUICK is offline Find More Posts by FASTBUICK
Old Feb 27, 2004, 03:10 AM
Life-abstract=conformity
S.F. Bay Area
Joined Aug 2002
1,854 Posts
AMA...

Thanks FastBuick ( )
I reapplied today er...yesterday but I don't think I'll get confirmation before Sat.
As far as planes, I'm not sure if I have a release on the Duo.The LS-7 I'm pretty sure has one but I need to install a Rx and balance.
And the DG-600 only has a hook.
Winds so far appear to be N-NW,that should be good, no?
See ya Sat.
Jay.
AirBornOne is offline Find More Posts by AirBornOne