HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 20, 2004, 09:16 PM
United States, AZ, Scottsdale
Joined Dec 2003
127 Posts
Question
Multiplex Easy Star RTF Help!

I just opened the box for the Easy Star. The instructions are un 97 different languages...however. I need some help here with basic set-up and charging the battery.

The battery is attached by Velcro all the way to the front. It looks as if they don't want you to take it out. So I guess I'll charge it inside the plane?

Can I connect the battery to to my Watt-Age Park Flyer charger instead of the enclosed 30 minute charger?
If so for how long? And what charger current adjustment?

Any other set-up tips would be appreciated!
brucie1dog is offline Find More Posts by brucie1dog
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 21, 2004, 10:01 PM
Dead stick!!
Joined Mar 2002
1,377 Posts
Usually batteries are removed regularly - it would be unusual to charge the battery in the plane, but having said that, it's not a problem to do so - just inconvenient. I guess what I am saying is I'd look for a better system to secure the battery (such as a velcro loop over the battery, rather than velcro along the actual battery).

I don't know the battery you have, or charger, so it's hard to give advice. Usually nicads are able to charge at 2C - so a 1000 mah battery can charge at 2 Amps, a 600 mah at 1.2 amps etc. I tend to charge nimh's slower - say 1.5C.

If your watt-age charger is a peak detection charger it will be much better using this than a timed charger. The main thing is that the battery should be warm at the end of the charge - if not, it is probably not fully charged.

I hope this helps. They look like nice planes. Interested to hear how you get on.

Peter
Peter Young is offline Find More Posts by Peter Young
Last edited by Peter Young; Feb 21, 2004 at 10:04 PM.
Old Feb 22, 2004, 12:49 PM
I'm Ginger & called Adam
Hereford, UK
Joined Oct 2002
2,905 Posts
Brucie,
there is the 'mother' of all threads over in the Foamies section specifically about the EasyStar, you may get some answers there ?

The original thread is here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...92#post1840592

..and the MK2 version is here (original was too long):
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...hreadid=200476

Good luck,

Adam
Ginger Adam is offline Find More Posts by Ginger Adam