HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 17, 2013, 09:34 AM
Southwest Missouri
Joined Aug 2010
60 Posts
Discussion
JC EVO 23cc from AeroGasRC

Does anyone have a JC Evo 23cc engine? I would like some feedback about this engine. Also has anyone dealt with aerogasrc.com? I am considering ordering one. A friend of mine has a JC Evo 28cc and he really likes it but the 23cc is made a little different. It shows good power numbers and I haven't really found any comparable engines. I would like some more information about it before I lay down the cash.

http://www.aerogasrc.com/jc-evo-23cc.html
ita47 is offline Find More Posts by ita47
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 17, 2013, 10:28 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Sep 2007
575 Posts
You can reed about them over on flying giants . Theres enough info to read there until the cows come home . Some good some bad , which from what I can gather is the fault of the man behind the engines and there lack of Q.C. cheers the pope
the pope is offline Find More Posts by the pope
Old Oct 19, 2013, 06:42 PM
Gas Only
USA So. Cal.
Joined Sep 2010
1,028 Posts
By all means read about the company behind this engine over on flying giants. Beware of longevity AND Customer Service before buying.
Fokker DII is offline Find More Posts by Fokker DII
Old Oct 23, 2013, 09:33 PM
United States, CA, Corona
Joined Jun 2013
64 Posts
Any JC engine sold through Aerogasrc.com are backed by my company no matter what for the 2 yr warranty period.

Doug styles
Aerogasrc.com
owner
Aerogasrc is offline Find More Posts by Aerogasrc
Old Oct 26, 2013, 03:59 AM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,497 Posts
You can't go wrong with Aerogasrc. I've know a few people that have dealt with them.
They have a 1st class customer service.
Most likely if your going to have any problems with a JC it will be with in the warranty period.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Oct 26, 2013, 07:58 AM
Keller, TX
Joined Aug 2005
299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerogasrc View Post
Any JC engine sold through Aerogasrc.com are backed by my company no matter what for the 2 yr warranty period.

Doug styles
Aerogasrc.com
owner
No disrespect to you, but the JC track record has not only stiffed the buyer, but especially the dealers, who have had to "eat" a lot of bad engines and cannibalize for parts when the mfg won't provide the parts for warranty work. I have a couple of JC 28s and I like them, but I know that if I ever need parts they are a throwaway.
RCFVR is offline Find More Posts by RCFVR
Old Oct 26, 2013, 08:25 AM
Joined Jun 2013
64 Posts
On the JC 28 Milton at RC extreme still has some parts and some of the 30 cc parts will interchange. As far as the rest of the line,We have no problem getting parts from the factory,. We carry in stock parts for the 23 through the 120. I cant speak for other dealer of what happened in the past but were not them and we will cover the engine we sell for the two year warranty, parts and labor is 100% free, we only require the customer to pay shipping to and from Aerogasrc.

Every engine we sell is 100% inspected before it is shipped. We make sure everything is in the box including instruction manuals, warranty card with serial number, newest RCEXL ignition module and all hardware.
Last edited by Aerogasrc; Oct 26, 2013 at 07:41 PM.
Old Oct 30, 2013, 11:18 AM
The bearing guy
Joined Mar 2013
35 Posts
JC warranty

Does JC charge a service fee for warranty repairs? I have a customer who was charged $50 to repair a defective JC23 EVO II even though it was admitted that there was a bad crank design.
RCBearings is offline Find More Posts by RCBearings
Old Oct 31, 2013, 11:13 AM
The bearing guy
Joined Mar 2013
35 Posts
BTW, I stopped selling these engines because JC Engines decided to allow Hobbyking to sell them for near what dealers can get them for. Of course, you won't get any warranty on them other than what Hobbyking will give you.
RCBearings is offline Find More Posts by RCBearings
Old Nov 02, 2013, 10:31 AM
Joined Jun 2013
64 Posts
That is why I do not care about Hobbyking by the time you pay the shipping your with in 20 or 30 bucks of my price and we have free shipping plus you when you have a issue we take care of it there no dealing with china or having to wait a long time to get your engine warranty.

So you have to ask yourself this question is better to save 15.00 and have no chance of warranty on jc engine or spend the extra 20 and be taken care of when you have a issue.
Old Nov 04, 2013, 06:03 PM
United States, OR, Cornelius
Joined Mar 2011
178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aerogasrc View Post
That is why I do not care about Hobbyking by the time you pay the shipping your with in 20 or 30 bucks of my price and we have free shipping plus you when you have a issue we take care of it there no dealing with china or having to wait a long time to get your engine warranty.

So you have to ask yourself this question is better to save 15.00 and have no chance of warranty on jc engine or spend the extra 20 and be taken care of when you have a issue.
Thats a no brainier.
FlyawayClyde is offline Find More Posts by FlyawayClyde
Old Nov 06, 2013, 10:23 AM
Denver, CO.
Joined Feb 2006
141 Posts
I have one that had an admitted design flaw with the crankshaft. I paid shipping both ways and $50 labor to have it fixed. If the engine had been pre-run, the flaw would have been discovered in the 1st 30 seconds and I would not have been out an additional $83 before it had been installed in the airplane I had bought just for that engine. Oh yes-it was 2 months gone and as result, I have another engine in the intended airplane and it has been doing just fine. The engine is now setting on a shelf awaiting another project.
TomLee is offline Find More Posts by TomLee