among these which one is your favourite for beginners
rcniteshrc is offline Find More Posts by rcniteshrc
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2013, 06:13 AM
India, TN, MAS
Joined Aug 2013
122 Posts
Hello everyone how do i add extra options in this poll
I want to add Tactic ttx600 ttx650, futaba 6j, spektrum dx6, sanwa sd-6g, Ace skytech ts6i, Hitec optic 6 and 6 sport, and any other radios people please tell me if you know any other radio.

People i want to add extra items please tell me how to do it.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 09:30 AM
Joined Oct 2007
6,014 Posts
A beginner what?
A beginner who expects to quickly buy another radio?
When making a poll- try to come up with some kind of critera.
Perhaps go to a few flying sites (or car tracks etc.), and see what actual use dictates
richard hanson is online now Find More Posts by richard hanson
Old Oct 11, 2013, 08:48 AM
LI, New York, USA
Joined Mar 2003
23,488 Posts
Radio recommendations are based on objectives, budgets and expected types of flying.

I recommend most beginners start with an RTF which includes a radio. After they learn to fly that then they are better prepared to select a radio that will take them forward. For some the radios you listed will serve them well for decades. For others they will be replaced in a year and so represent bad buys.

If you are a sailplane pilot, as I am, the XG6 is the only one that would qualify, but I believe it has been discontinued. At least it does not appear on Horizon Hobby anymore.

The article at this link talks about how to select a first radio.

How To Select Your First Radio
by Ed Anderson

If you go through the beginner section on any of the major forums you will see this question, or some version of it over and over again. And you will see it in the advanced flying sections too. That’s because the radio is the single most important tool you will use to fly your model aircraft. Without the radio control system there is no radio control flying. So, how to choose?

If you are totally new, never flown, and if you are going to learn without using a buddy box, I usually recommend an RTF, ready to fly package that includes the airplane, radio, all the electronics already installed in the plane. It usually includes the battery and charger too. This eliminates so many decisions and considerations and points of confusion. This lets the pilot focus on learning to fly. Which RTF? That is a question for another discussion but there are lots of good ones out there. They all come with a radio that should be adequate to the task of flying that plane. And the value of the radio, in that package, is typically so small that even if you never use it for anything else, that’s OK.

Once you have your basic flying skills down, NOW we can start to discuss what you want and need in a radio that will carry you forward. You will have more time to read and talk to other pilots so you will have begun to learn about the aspects of RC flying. You will be better prepared to understand the information below and to address the questions we will ask as we try to guide you.

Click one of these for the rest of the article.

How to select your first radio
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2#post23710682

AMA Insider - How to select your first radio
http://www.modelaircraft.org/insider...st%20radio.htm
aeajr is offline Find More Posts by aeajr
Last edited by aeajr; Oct 11, 2013 at 08:56 AM.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 04:35 AM
India, TN, MAS
Joined Aug 2013
122 Posts
thanks
Old Oct 13, 2013, 04:30 PM
Australia, NSW, Cherrybrook
Joined May 2004
1,468 Posts
Assuming your choice is limited to the three radios in the poll.

The Futaba is old and outdated though it is still a capable radio.

The JR XG6 quality is much better than the Spektrum. My own opinion is that the programming is easy and it's the more capable of the 3. The cost of genuine receivers is high but here are some Chinese "DMSS" receivers appearing on the market.

I personally don't like Spektrum but i have to admit for beginners they are often the best choice because they're simple to use and they're compatible with dozens of different Bind'n'Fly models including some really good beiginners models. There's also plenty of used receivers on the market and Chinese compatible receivers are available for those on a limited budget.
CustomPC is offline Find More Posts by CustomPC
Old Oct 13, 2013, 07:07 PM
Chile
Joined Jul 2010
328 Posts
about the second list you posted : the tactic 650 is really capable radio more program mixes than dx6i... futaba 6j look amazing but is not s full range radio...
rajazo is offline Find More Posts by rajazo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: OV10 bronco
Old Oct 13, 2013, 07:36 PM
The Northeast Kingdom, Vermont
Joined Jun 2004
5,084 Posts
Futaba T6J certainly is full range
Pete
pilotpete2 is offline Find More Posts by pilotpete2
Old Oct 13, 2013, 11:52 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Apr 2013
165 Posts
-XG6 is the only one with telemetry feature
-Futaba T6J and Hitec Optic 6 have a prehistoric software which you cannot update through SD card
-Tactic 650 is a great option if you consider the price of receiver.
-Spektrum have been, is and will always be junk.
seagate is offline Find More Posts by seagate
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 14, 2013, 01:21 AM
Chile
Joined Jul 2010
328 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotpete2 View Post
Futaba T6J certainly is full range
Pete
you are right... I misread some early info about FHSS... the only clear thing is FHSS is a low cost transmition sistem compared to FASST...
http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t636628p1/

and the T6J is a updated and cheaper version of the 6EX .. and looks better

http://www.futaba-rc.com/systems/feature-compare.html
rajazo is offline Find More Posts by rajazo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: OV10 bronco
Old Oct 14, 2013, 02:59 AM
Flying Foamies
Philippines, NCR, Makati City
Joined Jun 2012
623 Posts
question on the JR xg6 there is a trainer port up the back , its said to be mono plug. is it possible to hook it to a computer and record the flight and play it back for debugging later like a flight data recorder.
speedactyl is offline Find More Posts by speedactyl
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 14, 2013, 05:49 AM
Su-27's Rule!
Philippines, NCR, Pasig City
Joined Nov 2012
610 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedactyl View Post
question on the JR xg6 there is a trainer port up the back , its said to be mono plug. is it possible to hook it to a computer and record the flight and play it back for debugging later like a flight data recorder.
yes you can plug it to the audio input, but be sure of the polarity, signal to tip and ground to sleve search: audio in simulator or some thing like that.. google is your friend.. i'm also trying to do that too, but i have not found a software capable of recording these inputs if you want to know more pm me
6j is a good beginner radio , much better than the 6ex
Su-33 is offline Find More Posts by Su-33
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Su-33; Oct 14, 2013 at 05:59 AM.