HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

Assault 700 Flybarless Helicopter

The Assault 700 DFC Helicopter is Here!

Splash

When it comes to helis, size DOES matter.

Type: Collective Pitch Electric 3D Heli
Main Rotor Diameter: 1560mm
Tail Rotor Diameter: 280mm
Length: 1345mm
Pinion Gear: 13T

The bigger they are, the better they fly! Following the current trends, the Assault 700 is using a DFC (Direct Flight Control) rotor head which provides crisp, precise flight control with a very low parts count and easy setup. The DFC rotor head design brings the rotor disc closer to the main frame, moving the center of gravity closer to the middle of the heli. This provides better flight characteristics and more agility allowing for the ultimate in extreme 3D flight performance!

The Assault 700 is decked out with aluminum parts which other manufacturers normally sell as upgrades. The entire main frame is constructed from lightweight yet extremely rigid carbon fiber. The main shaft is supported by triple bearing blocks which are also constructed from aluminum. The tail assembly is all alloy and utilizes high quality NMB bearings designed for high speed use. The dually supported tail-pitch slider provides slop-free, precision tail control.

The electronics mounting design is well thought out on the Assault, allowing very easy access to the motor, ESC, servos, FBL system and radio equipment. The front cyclic servos mount directly to the bearing blocks keeping the design rigid, simple and tidy. The direct to swash CCPM servo linkages eliminate troublesome bellcrank systems found on other helicopter kits and offers precise, direct control to the swash.

The battery mounting system features a carbon fiber battery tray which is secured using alloy rails inside the frame. It allows for very easy battery swaps by sliding out of the frame with the batteries attached.

The Assault 700 DFC is mostly pre-built requiring only a few hours for final assembly, electronics installation and setup. We carry a full range of high quality components for this kit which can be found in the related items section below. [HobbyKing]

Discussion

Old Oct 11, 2013, 02:00 AM
Joined Sep 2012
392 Posts
I really, really want this to be good. Unfortunately like other HK helis I'm worried this is just going to end up in an accident and/or replacement of the majority of the parts.
Znybar is offline Find More Posts by Znybar
Old Oct 11, 2013, 04:55 PM
United States, CA, Yosemite Lakes
Joined Jan 2008
470 Posts
I have the HK 600 gt
I replaced the main and tail gear and put over 100 flights on it with 0 crashes.
After that 100+ I had a tail bearing go bad (most likely due to me flying it in a dry dusty backyard)
I fly only sport. But That seems like a decent track record for me.
scribble007 is offline Find More Posts by scribble007
Old Oct 12, 2013, 01:32 PM
i can hover nose-in now!
United States
Joined Apr 2013
1,071 Posts
well, $215...not bad.
Flying Pitcher is online now Find More Posts by Flying Pitcher
Old Oct 12, 2013, 04:17 PM
Almost Ready To Fly
United States, MD, Baltimore
Joined Dec 2012
1,539 Posts
$70 shipping...
TheKingPhisher is offline Find More Posts by TheKingPhisher
Old Oct 12, 2013, 05:32 PM
i can hover nose-in now!
United States
Joined Apr 2013
1,071 Posts
hmm, i tried to go through paypal, it doesn't show shipping....free ?
Old Nov 16, 2013, 03:21 AM
Joined Jul 2013
10 Posts
this is also available on ebay and aliexpress from gartt-rc seller
abhayf14 is offline Find More Posts by abhayf14
Old Nov 16, 2013, 12:18 PM
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined May 2013
4 Posts
I've seen this kit in person a buddy of mine has one, if you're going to do light flying and no hard flying than it's worth the money but if you fly any type of 3d it's not recommended, main frame isn't stiffened in the back which allows the boom supports to slide out and you have to drill a hole thru them and pin them in in order for them not slide out, and even with the boom supports modded and locked in the frame flex in back cause the tail to be inconsistent to the point were not even v-bar can sort out. But like I said if you do light flying thanx worth every penny imo.
cesarmanuel is online now Find More Posts by cesarmanuel
Old Dec 01, 2013, 03:49 PM
Joined Aug 2011
146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesarmanuel View Post
main frame isn't stiffened in the back which allows the boom supports to slide out and you have to drill a hole thru them and pin them in in order for them not slide out
There is something for 600 PRO:
http://kdedirect.com/TREX600PRFMB.html

http://kdedirect.com/images/AT600P-RFMB4c.JPG

Would it solve the problem if available for 700?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...Trex_700E.html

It looks like it has metal "floor":
http://static.rcgroups.net/forums/at...66139-79-9.jpg
utrinque is offline Find More Posts by utrinque
Last edited by utrinque; Dec 01, 2013 at 03:59 PM.
Old Dec 01, 2013, 04:01 PM
Joined Aug 2011
146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Pitcher View Post
hmm, i tried to go through paypal, it doesn't show shipping....free ?
No.

You will see it when asked for PayPal confirmation.
Old Dec 02, 2013, 04:44 AM
Joined Dec 2013
2 Posts
even with the boom supports modded and locked in the frame flex in back cause the tail to be inconsistent to the point were not even v-bar can sort out. But like I said if you do light flying thanx worth every penny imo.
bellbaisui is offline Find More Posts by bellbaisui
Old Dec 02, 2013, 08:40 AM
i can hover nose-in now!
United States
Joined Apr 2013
1,071 Posts
i think it's a neat heli if you just want something big to fly circles around and practice hovers.i'd get one but it would probably be too big to fly in my backyard. and batteries are expensivewell, everything is on bigger models.

assault and battery combo.
Old Dec 03, 2013, 03:00 PM
Joined Aug 2011
146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellbaisui View Post
even with the boom supports modded and locked in the frame flex in back cause the tail to be inconsistent to the point were not even v-bar can sort out. But like I said if you do light flying thanx worth every penny imo.
I fly flips&rolls, some half piros, rainbows, low RPM nothing fancy.

In fact I want to stretch Assault to 800mm. We shall see...

Here is my earlier stretch, hundreds of flights and still kicking:
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=489222

video:
http://www.helifreak.com/showpost.ph...2&postcount=87
Old Dec 04, 2013, 07:50 PM
Im bender please insert liquor
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
4,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by utrinque View Post
I fly flips&rolls, some half piros, rainbows, low RPM nothing fancy.

In fact I want to stretch Assault to 800mm. We shall see...

Here is my earlier stretch, hundreds of flights and still kicking:
http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=489222

video:
http://www.helifreak.com/showpost.ph...2&postcount=87
Nice job on the stretch 600! The funny thing is a bunch of parts are used between the 550 600 and 700 lol on the align kits . I always love reading about modified heli's . I have been making my own head dampeners since I went FBL. . I could never buy any stiff enough to my liking. The closest ones are the true blood green. Your next purchase should be the 7HV . I love mine , I bet probably flys like your stretched 600. .
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Dec 05, 2013, 10:54 AM
Joined Aug 2011
146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jombo View Post
Nice job on the stretch 600! The funny thing is a bunch of parts are used between the 550 600 and 700 lol on the align kits . I always love reading about modified heli's . I have been making my own head dampeners since I went FBL. . I could never buy any stiff enough to my liking. The closest ones are the true blood green. Your next purchase should be the 7HV . I love mine , I bet probably flys like your stretched 600. .
Thank you. I bet you smack 7HV. I do not push my 700 hard. I just enjoy the size, sound, stability, speed and reliability.

My favourite 7HV video:
IRCHA 2011 David Ketelhut and insane headspeed on the 7HV (2 min 52 sec)
Last edited by utrinque; Dec 05, 2013 at 03:51 PM.