Walkera QR X350 a new start

A new thread a new start positive and constructive direction

Links for new owners

Walkera product site with videos

http://www.walkera.com/en/showgoods.php?id=2507#txt6

Youtube search user videos

http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...alkera+QR+X350

Things to note:

Soldering is not the best and it is suggested you open the shell and check all connections.

Upgrades:
You install software on your computer, you connect the update adapter (2 pieces) to the USB port on your computer and the upgrade port in the battery bay of the QRX

You run the software and upgrade the firmware.
  • If you have a unit with no upgrade plug you probably have no upgrade
  • If you have the upgrade plug still no guarantee you have the upgrade
  • Only way to confirm an upgrade is to open shell check to see if. A patch cable from Aux 1 on control is connected to Aux 2 on TX and if radio came with vehicle it would be in aeroplane mode. You will be able to flick the FMOD switch to position 2 for IOC flying

Other owners please post helpful hints to new users.
Bigglesquad is offline Find More Posts by Bigglesquad
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2013, 07:39 AM
Joined Nov 2012
4 Posts
Hi, I have just taken the Walkera QR x350 out for a maiden flight worked wonderfully on stock standard settings with my devo 7 haven't tried my turnigy 9x yet. loved it my only issue is the low voltage cut out the left light flashes and wouldn't let me take off again when I went to charge the battery it showed 11.6v which is way high so that's a bit odd I haven't updated the firmware though so perhaps that will help? who knows. anyway im still a happy owner for the money you really cannot beat it looking forward to putting it through it's paces just wish I could get more than 5 mins flight out of it though.
captainriggs is online now Find More Posts by captainriggs
Old Oct 07, 2013, 04:20 PM
Joined Oct 2013
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainriggs View Post
Hi, I have just taken the Walkera QR x350 out for a maiden flight worked wonderfully on stock standard settings with my devo 7 haven't tried my turnigy 9x yet. loved it my only issue is the low voltage cut out the left light flashes and wouldn't let me take off again when I went to charge the battery it showed 11.6v which is way high so that's a bit odd I haven't updated the firmware though so perhaps that will help? who knows. anyway im still a happy owner for the money you really cannot beat it looking forward to putting it through it's paces just wish I could get more than 5 mins flight out of it though.
With nothing attached and standard 2200mah you should be getting 10 minutes plus, I have 1 battery that fluctuates dramatically at about 60% ie it drops voltage from 1 cell and then picks up again but of course the vehicle reads it as low voltage and apparently can't override that state.

Suggest you trial a couple of batteries if you can to see what happens

B
Old Oct 07, 2013, 04:42 PM
Almost right is always wrong..
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2013
471 Posts
Quote:
My two good 2200mah give me 9 mins, that's powering my FPV equipment (mobius camera and VTX).
Topgoose is offline Find More Posts by Topgoose
Old Oct 07, 2013, 05:06 PM
Australia, QLD, Gold Coast
Joined Aug 2013
1,655 Posts
Quote:
It is fun to fly isn't it? and set up correctly makes a good camera platform,

I bought 3 x 2200 when I got the machine, 1 came in the box the other external, they have all been charged using the supplied balance charger and they have all been used equally over the past couple of months.

Now 1 of the 3 I only get 7 to 8 minutes, the other 2 10 to 12 minutes with a TX5803 and Mobius camera.

I think batteries maybe an issue and cause of a couple of problems, I would like to say the weak battery came in the box but I can't tell and didn't mark them, I do know the 3 are the same manufacture and the ones Walkera retails as their own.

anyway here is to many more fun days, don't expect them to be problem free

David
djmorgan is offline Find More Posts by djmorgan
Old Oct 07, 2013, 05:14 PM
Joined Aug 2013
471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmorgan View Post
It is fun to fly isn't it? and set up correctly makes a good camera platform,

I bought 3 x 2200 when I got the machine, 1 came in the box the other external, they have all been charged using the supplied balance charger and they have all been used equally over the past couple of months.

Now 1 of the 3 I only get 7 to 8 minutes, the other 2 10 to 12 minutes with a TX5803 and Mobius camera.

I think batteries maybe an issue and cause of a couple of problems, I would like to say the weak battery came in the box but I can't tell and didn't mark them, I do know the 3 are the same manufacture and the ones Walkera retails as their own.

anyway here is to many more fun days, don't expect them to be problem free

David
Hey stranger
Old Oct 07, 2013, 05:15 PM
Joined Aug 2013
1,655 Posts
I also forgot to mention, make sure you push the connector from battery to X350 all the way in as it takes a bit of effort, initially I didn't and at one time the connection separated causing a power out and crash.... the cost of a new shell for my stupidity

David
Old Oct 07, 2013, 05:20 PM
Joined Aug 2013
1,655 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgoose View Post
Hey stranger
Hi Goose

Well been watching the carnage, saw this new thread hopefully can be kept positive and helpful to the new, the moment it turns into a whinger thread I'm off again!

Don't mind people bringing problems for solution but do object to moaning on and on about the problem we'll see how it goes.

Been having a lot of fun with mine, unfortunately past week has been high winds so feeling a bit house bound right now, still used the time to balance some props, about to trial some of those carbon fibre ones, they seem very in-flexible, they are for the Phantom so don't know how they will go.

David
Old Oct 07, 2013, 05:36 PM
Joined Aug 2013
471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmorgan View Post
Hi Goose

Well been watching the carnage, saw this new thread hopefully can be kept positive and helpful to the new, the moment it turns into a whinger thread I'm off again!

Don't mind people bringing problems for solution but do object to moaning on and on about the problem we'll see how it goes.

Been having a lot of fun with mine, unfortunately past week has been high winds so feeling a bit house bound right now, still used the time to balance some props, about to trial some of those carbon fibre ones, they seem very in-flexible, they are for the Phantom so don't know how they will go.

David
It's been very lively

I tried some carbon style one (very very little flex) but they were absolutely terrible! After I balance them they were fantastic it felt more stable and better in the wind. I'm sure the battery life was a little better also. However I broke one (low voltage protection ) they are very brittle. So I'm back to the stockers for now. I was a little concerned about them slicing someones finger off

...to confirm, for those who didn't already know, DJI Phantom props fit the X350
Old Oct 07, 2013, 06:04 PM
Joined Aug 2013
1,655 Posts
Quote:
It's been very lively

I tried some carbon style one (very very little flex) but they were absolutely terrible! After I balance them they were fantastic it felt more stable and better in the wind. I'm sure the battery life was a little better also. However I broke one (low voltage protection ) they are very brittle. So I'm back to the stockers for now. I was a little concerned about them slicing someones finger off

...to confirm, for those who didn't already know, DJI Phantom props fit the X350
Thanks for that I must admit putting them on I thought they could take my head off if I lost control, early in the piece my X350 became possessed and attacked me leaving 3 great gashes on my arm, and that was with the soft plastic ones!

I bought these on the basis they were pre balanced, but I'd say by a monkey! because each one had to be done again, I've run her up in the lounge room and everything seems good for an outing hopefully tomorrow.

Yes confirm Phantom fit X350 these ones even have the slot to match the motor.

David
Old Oct 07, 2013, 11:37 PM
Joined Nov 2012
4 Posts
Hi all I feel like such a noob I must say I thought the error flash from trying to take off in gps mode was the low battery warning oops, anyway just got about 12 mins with a 40g camera attached and ran the battery down to just under 11v so pretty happy with that looking forward to using my fatsharks and 600mw immersion rc tx with it for some nice fpv. I just ordered the zippy 2800 battery so i'll let you know how long I get with that one.
Old Oct 07, 2013, 11:42 PM
Joined Nov 2012
4 Posts
Quote:
It's been very lively

I bought the carbon "balanced" props on ebay and haven't tried them yet thought they might be an upgrade but yeah I think I will have to balance they never balanced a prop in my life yet haha should be interesting, any tips sanding or attaching tape for the carbon ones? oh love this new thread the other one was giving me a headache and I was only reading at that stage!
Old Oct 07, 2013, 11:43 PM
Joined Oct 2013
74 Posts
Quote:
Hi all I feel like such a noob I must say I thought the error flash from trying to take off in gps mode was the low battery warning oops, anyway just got about 12 mins with a 40g camera attached and ran the battery down to just under 11v so pretty happy with that looking forward to using my fatsharks and 600mw immersion rc tx with it for some nice fpv. I just ordered the zippy 2800 battery so i'll let you know how long I get with that one.
Sounds great, yes take off manual only although I think some of us have managed a take off in GPS mode, a software glitch I think, good to see you're having some fun, the way it's meant to be

B
Old Oct 08, 2013, 05:10 PM
Joined Aug 2013
471 Posts
Quote:
I bought the carbon "balanced" props on ebay and haven't tried them yet thought they might be an upgrade but yeah I think I will have to balance they never balanced a prop in my life yet haha should be interesting, any tips sanding or attaching tape for the carbon ones? oh love this new thread the other one was giving me a headache and I was only reading at that stage!
I used the sanding method on mine. Maybe go with tape so you can get a feel since it's your first time. There are a few videos on YouTube which may help. Just take your time and you should be good.
Old Oct 08, 2013, 05:15 PM
Joined Aug 2013
1,655 Posts
Quote:
I used the sanding method on mine. Maybe go with tape so you can get a feel since it's your first time. There are a few videos on YouTube which may help. Just take your time and you should be good.
Yes I used the sandpaper method, just be warned a lot of black dust comes of these props, it doesn't seem to get airborne so I don't think you'll breath in but does make a mess of the fingers I try to sand the full length of the blade but more so near the hub where there is most meat.

David