HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by rajie3, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 06, 2013, 05:48 PM
Joined Jan 2013
2 Posts
Discussion
converting brushed heli to brushless.

I'm having trouble converting my wl v913 heli to brushless. I purchased a turigy 3600kv and turnigy 1811 indoor 3800kv motor. I also purchased two hobbyking 18-20a ESC's. I calibrated each ESC individually with its corresponding motor. I then attached the red power wire of ESC1 to the red power wire of ESC2. I did the same with the black wires. I hooked them up to the battery. I then used the FS-TH 9x transmitter with a FS-R8B receiver. I disconnected one of the red power wires on one of the senders going to the receiver (which was on channel 4, the tail motor). The throttle servo connection went to channel 3. On bench testing the tail motor got very hot and almost burned out. I checked everything out and there are no defective parts. Also the motors are not in sinc. I had to program the tail motor individually. So when I turn on the transmitter the tail motor starts right up before I even engage the throttle. Can someone out in rc heli or rc airplane land help me out? Thanks, Tuc.
rajie3 is offline Find More Posts by rajie3
to remove ads between posts