Old Oct 11, 2013, 03:22 PM
Back Yard Flyer
Northern Ontario
Joined Mar 2007
1,587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumbo
Mini Titan v2 FBL 360
Nice thread you have goin’ on jombo! As an old Mini Titan enthusiast I can agree you took the proper route for a bare bones stretch V2 torque tube kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPhisher
Yeah those are not V2s they are S models. They're totally different in design including different head configuration. Stretch kits don't work on those.
Not to derail your thread in any way but thought I would mention:

Many of us have the V1 FB kit which is the same frame as the 325S. These belt driven tails can also be easily stretched using onboard electronics of one’s choice. All that is required is the Thunder T FBL head; Cobra belt; 360 boom; 6S lipo of your choice; motor in the 1700 range; appropriate ESC…

So-o-o… yes, the 325S can be stretched to a 360! Only drawback - with all the onboard electronics included for 3S; it would be an extra expense to convert over...
Power Up is offline Find More Posts by Power Up
Old Oct 11, 2013, 05:47 PM
devIAtion..one TX to bind them
Canada, ON, Georgina
Joined Aug 2011
1,103 Posts
Good thread, I just about picked up the v2 FBL kit yesterday, but the only kit the LHS had was the combo with motor and esc, which I don't need to I choose to pass for the moment... I might have to revisit them on the way home...

The stretch kit was 1 factor in wanting to go TT, the other was the beauty of the kit. All the pictures I've seen so far look fantastic.

So... post more pics!!!!
Hexperience is offline Find More Posts by Hexperience
Old Oct 11, 2013, 09:03 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,201 Posts
Thank you everyone !
No problem derail all anyone wants . My favorite part is putting them together . I just enjoy doing it, second is flying.

I will get more pics as soon as I finish programming the flybarless controller .
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Oct 12, 2013, 01:24 PM
Super Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
1,926 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Up View Post
Nice thread you have goin’ on jombo! As an old Mini Titan enthusiast I can agree you took the proper route for a bare bones stretch V2 torque tube kit.

Not to derail your thread in any way but thought I would mention:

Many of us have the V1 FB kit which is the same frame as the 325S. These belt driven tails can also be easily stretched using onboard electronics of one’s choice. All that is required is the Thunder T FBL head; Cobra belt; 360 boom; 6S lipo of your choice; motor in the 1700 range; appropriate ESC…

So-o-o… yes, the 325S can be stretched to a 360! Only drawback - with all the onboard electronics included for 3S; it would be an extra expense to convert over...
You've just proved my point...ie the "stretch KIT" does not work with the E325S. It is not designed for plug and play with the S model. Sure you could use bits and pieces and make your own mods to stretch it but you'd still have to find a belt which is not included in the kit. The kit is not even belt driven.

So-o-o...you "could" do your own mods to stretch it but you could do the same with many other helis out there too...doesn't mean there's a kit designed for it.

When/if TT releases a stretched belt kit specifically for the E325S then you could claim it was designed for it...as of right now no it doesn't work with the E325S.
TheKingPhisher is offline Find More Posts by TheKingPhisher
Last edited by TheKingPhisher; Oct 12, 2013 at 01:33 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 02:46 PM
Back Yard Flyer
Northern Ontario
Joined Mar 2007
1,587 Posts
Quote:
The kit is not even belt driven.
Well, I guess you should have done a tad more research – the E325S certainly is BELT DRIVEN!

I came on here to give you a little info’. Of course it isn’t “plug and play” next thing to it. With a little research you would conclude this is about as simple as it gets. These are the bits required to stretch it; both made by Thunder Tiger.

Take it or leave it – never came on here to have a confrontation with a know it all NOOB!!

Have fun with whatever you purchase!

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXCRFG&P=SM
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCWNU&P=Z
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAXMV&P=Z
Old Oct 12, 2013, 03:07 PM
United States, RI, Woonsocket
Joined Apr 2010
378 Posts
Don`t forget about the torque tube conversion kit for the V1..http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAMVU&P=Z

Then all you need is the longer boom , torque tube , and a longer pushrod for tail
IFHELI is offline Find More Posts by IFHELI
Old Oct 12, 2013, 03:23 PM
Back Yard Flyer
Northern Ontario
Joined Mar 2007
1,587 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IFHELI
Don`t forget about the torque tube conversion kit for the V1..http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAMVU&P=Z

Then all you need is the longer boom , torque tube , and a longer pushrod for tail
Yes, that is certainly another alternative. My Friend FR4-Pilot did that exact conversion. I recall his thoughts on it being all positive…
Old Oct 12, 2013, 03:39 PM
Joined Apr 2010
378 Posts
As long as you have the V1 TT conversion boom mount , front TT gears , and TT tailcase then every thing in the 39.99 conversion kit works but the canopy. You could then sell the canopy and recoup some of your money from the cost of conversion kit.
Last edited by IFHELI; Oct 12, 2013 at 03:49 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 04:07 PM
Super Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
1,926 Posts
Quote:
Well, I guess you should have done a tad more research – the E325S certainly is BELT DRIVEN!

I came on here to give you a little info’. Of course it isn’t “plug and play” next thing to it. With a little research you would conclude this is about as simple as it gets. These are the bits required to stretch it; both made by Thunder Tiger.

Take it or leave it – never came on here to have a confrontation with a know it all NOOB!!

Have fun with whatever you purchase!

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXCRFG&P=SM
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXCWNU&P=Z
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAXMV&P=Z
The STRETCH KIT is belt driven??? Really? Says who? Where's the belt? Must be invisible? So-o-o...*facepalm*

The stretch kit is designed for TORQUE TUBE models...the S is NOT one of them...that metal rod in all of these stretch kits is a torque tube not a belt...END OF DISCUSSION.

Just because you have 1540 posts doesn't mean you actually know WTH you're talking about...but thanks for trying to correct me because you know so much more than NOOBs...

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXCWHJ&P=SM
Last edited by TheKingPhisher; Oct 12, 2013 at 05:19 PM.
Old Oct 12, 2013, 09:47 PM
devIAtion..one TX to bind them
Canada, ON, Georgina
Joined Aug 2011
1,103 Posts
Well... this was a good thead. There are several versions of the stretch kit. One includes the parts to convert from belt to tt... I'm going to do the v2 fbl kit and the 39 dollar kit.

Hopefully this thread will get back in track before my kits arrive...
Hexperience is offline Find More Posts by Hexperience
Old Oct 12, 2013, 11:45 PM
Back Yard Flyer
Northern Ontario
Joined Mar 2007
1,587 Posts
Quote:
The STRETCH KIT is belt driven??? Really? Says who? Where's the belt? Must be invisible? So-o-o...*facepalm*

The stretch kit is designed for TORQUE TUBE models...the S is NOT one of them...that metal rod in all of these stretch kits is a torque tube not a belt...END OF DISCUSSION.

Just because you have 1540 posts doesn't mean you actually know WTH you're talking about...but thanks for trying to correct me because you know so much more than NOOBs...

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXCWHJ&P=SM
Well, it looks like you are finally done Editing. Having issues with this Forum? Afterthoughts? Cleaning up your mistakes? Popcorn eating skills?

Nah… not NOOBS in general; just a PARTICULAR NOOB or two! Actually I prefer the word Rookie. The vast majority are pretty grateful, myself included. The learning curve in this Hobby is a steep one and never ends. To be part of a knowledgeable group of fliers with pretty well the same interests is awesome to say the least.

I doubt Thunder Tiger will produce a plug & play belt version 360. Most of the manufactures are leaning towards Torque Tubes. That is what makes this V1 version frame so unique, the simplicity to stretch it…

Anyway:

Perhaps you were having a difficult time comprehending what my initial posts pertained to:

This repetitiveness is solely for you, as I am quite sure everyone else fully understood, especially Mini Titan owners, as many of them have done this belt 360 stretch, myself included…

As I have already pointed out in Post #17 and thereafter (BTW - No Edits) there is another option to stretch a V1 or E325S to 360 which incidentally, have BELTED TAILS. I then followed up with the Links (Post 21) to assure you the E325S was indeed a belted tail drive, along with the Links for Longer Boom & Belt. I never once mentioned a STRETCH KIT or TORQUE TUBE or any other BS you are referring to. That was YOU; YOU ALONE - wanting to WIN - What Childish Crap!

You were also quite adamant about the E325S not having a belt. Wrong Again!

Post count – What a Joke! Considering I have been a member of RCG for over 6.5 years I would class my post count as rather meager. Reason being – I prefer to do more reading and learning than gumming, not like a PARTICULAR NOOB that just can’t help themself and keep right on blowin’; right or wrong is of little consequence, it’s all about being heard and of utmost importance- Winning!!

Let’s just say - I’ve come across a few of your posts in the past and the majority of em’ were nothing short of argumentative/confrontational/ disputatious. Clear enough!!

I’m Done Here!!

BTW – I do hope you are an adult. If you are a teenager – My Apologies!
Old Oct 13, 2013, 01:40 AM
Super Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2012
1,926 Posts
Quote:
As I have already pointed out in Post #17 and thereafter (BTW - No Edits) there is another option to stretch a V1 or E325S to 360 which incidentally, have BELTED TAILS. I then followed up with the Links (Post 21) to assure you the E325S was indeed a belted tail drive, along with the Links for Longer Boom & Belt. I never once mentioned a STRETCH KIT or TORQUE TUBE or any other BS you are referring to. That was YOU; YOU ALONE - wanting to WIN - What Childish Crap!
And as I said the stretch kit which was what everyone was talking about BUT YOU does NOT work with the S model...END OF DISCUSSION.

Quote:
You were also quite adamant about the E325S not having a belt. Wrong Again!
Learn how to read. I never said the S model didn't use a belt...I said the stretch kit doesn't work with the S model because the stretch kit is not belt driven....ie it's a TT stretch kit....*facepalm*

Next time instead of cherry picking a statement out of context to try and prop up your own flawed argument how about you quote the whole paragraph?

Quote:
You've just proved my point...ie the "stretch KIT" does not work with the E325S. It is not designed for plug and play with the S model. Sure you could use bits and pieces and make your own mods to stretch it but you'd still have to find a belt which is not included in the kit. The kit is not even belt driven.
Any person who understands English will know what "kit" is being referred to in that context. Only someone who is clueless as yourself would translate "kit" into a complete E325S heli kit...lmao. Just swallow your pride and admit you were wrong man...not to mention proven wrong by a particular NOOB...lmao...
Last edited by TheKingPhisher; Oct 13, 2013 at 02:06 AM.
Old Oct 13, 2013, 01:48 AM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,201 Posts
Now I just learned something new today . If I knew you could make a stretched tail with a belt , I would of preferred to go that route .
The TT gears look pretty beefy so hopefully some grass won't damage them . I may just order the parts to stretch the tail with the belt , this Thunder Tiger is pretty modular as it's put together in sections .
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
Old Oct 13, 2013, 08:12 AM
Joined Apr 2010
378 Posts
Jombo,
Good post on your build.

It is very easy to go either way. I stretched my two V1's and a V2 before the kits came out. The torque tubes on one of my V1 & V2 are very smooth. The other V1 has the longer belt.

Minus the blades, motor, and esc( if going 4S or 6S) to stretch a V1 is only $24.00 using all thunder tiger parts. The new V1 Canopy is only $17.99.

To go with a belt stretch on a V2 w/ TT will cost more. The tailcase set and front shaft has to be changed out for a belt version
Last edited by IFHELI; Oct 13, 2013 at 08:18 AM.