SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Pancari, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Oct 03, 2013, 06:40 AM
What Do You Drive?
United States, PA, Folsom
Joined Jan 2012
704 Posts
Discussion
Small Drone Crashes Into New York City Sidewalk

Well, it looks like our hobby just took a hit in New York City, and when I say hit I do mean an exterior building wall and concrete.

This is the kind of activity should be flown during weekends when no one is around.

And the kicker is that the pilot had his face on the video. OOPPSSS!!!

Look, not everyone had full command of logic and reasoning. Let's do this simple test together, next time you go into work look at the people around you in a 20' radius and ask yourself if you feel they would pass your complacency test.

How did they do? Not good, huh?

As I am a self employed engineer and work from home I am proud to say that my yorkie Bella, 3, passes that test. Look at that face, who can't love a dog like that?

I live near Philadelphia, you know the O R I G I N A L capital of the United States and I R E A L L Y want to fly my DJI 450 in front of Constitution Hall. And when/if I do, it'll be when everyone is asleep on a cool fall morning when every police officer is still getting their coffee, my spotter is looking for them and I'm flying on the opposite side of the street.

It makes me think we need to pass a Pilot's Drone Test to fly one of these things because you know how such a test keeps incompetent drivers off the road. HAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4033566.html
Pancari is offline Find More Posts by Pancari
Last edited by Pancari; Oct 03, 2013 at 07:01 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 03, 2013, 07:40 AM
Our Work Is Never Over
United States, VA, Woodbridge
Joined May 2012
322 Posts
Yep I dreaded the day DJI released the phantom I knew a bunch of newbs would do stupid stuff like this

wow how many buildings did he hit in that video

I am good enough I could fly anywhere but being a responsible pilot I know better

Hundreds of pilots fly quads, hexa and octa copters though cities daily for the movies and such, but they are experienced and insured pilots and the proper bribes are given to the polticans O I mean permits
Blusky1 is offline Find More Posts by Blusky1
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 03, 2013, 07:46 AM
into the wild blue yonder
United States, OR, Dundee
Joined Dec 2010
639 Posts
OH GREAT! here we go again...
Barney Boy is offline Find More Posts by Barney Boy
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 03, 2013, 11:18 AM
Kamikaze Ace
USA, FL, Lakeland
Joined Jan 2010
2,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancari View Post
Well, it looks like our hobby just took a hit in New York City, and when I say hit I do mean an exterior building wall and concrete.

This is the kind of activity should be flown during weekends when no one is around.

And the kicker is that the pilot had his face on the video. OOPPSSS!!!

Look, not everyone had full command of logic and reasoning. Let's do this simple test together, next time you go into work look at the people around you in a 20' radius and ask yourself if you feel they would pass your complacency test.

How did they do? Not good, huh?

As I am a self employed engineer and work from home I am proud to say that my yorkie Bella, 3, passes that test. Look at that face, who can't love a dog like that?

I live near Philadelphia, you know the O R I G I N A L capital of the United States and I R E A L L Y want to fly my DJI 450 in front of Constitution Hall. And when/if I do, it'll be when everyone is asleep on a cool fall morning when every police officer is still getting their coffee, my spotter is looking for them and I'm flying on the opposite side of the street.

It makes me think we need to pass a Pilot's Drone Test to fly one of these things because you know how such a test keeps incompetent drivers off the road. HAHAHAHAHAAAAA!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4033566.html
With you 100%, just take a look around Florida, and you wonder how the heck did some of these folks get a driver's license.

As for the topic, just goes to prove that common sense is something a lot don't have.
Glacier Girl is offline Find More Posts by Glacier Girl
Old Oct 03, 2013, 04:22 PM
What Do You Drive?
United States, PA, Folsom
Joined Jan 2012
704 Posts
Yes B1, when I looked into quads, the DJI Phantom seemed a bit toy like to be serious flyer.

Agreed GG, I can't think of a worse idea than flying up a hundred feet in a glass jungle. Shame they edited the video, there's a lot of "what not to do".

It's up to use to not screw up.

Perhaps it's time to move into the Heartlands and take up cow tipping for a highly valued hobby.
Pancari is offline Find More Posts by Pancari