HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Sep 30, 2013, 08:50 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2013
108 Posts
Discussion
Here's New Reason For Getting Kicked Out of a Park

Some soccer ladies attempted to tell us we were not allowed to fly our styrofoam park flyers at that park anymore because the planes would tear up their soccer field... We told them they weren't allowed to play soccer there anymore because they were tearing up our air...

... and kept on a flyin.

I distinctly remember Uncle Sam snagging about 5 G's from my bank account for this last quarter to pay for places like this for myself and others to enjoy recreation time...
tyhollin is offline Find More Posts by tyhollin
Last edited by tyhollin; Sep 30, 2013 at 09:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 30, 2013, 09:43 PM
be all you can be
United States, CA, La Mesa
Joined Jan 2010
40 Posts
That is awesome. haha
Joe_M is offline Find More Posts by Joe_M
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2013, 10:27 PM
Registered User
billisfree's Avatar
Joined Oct 2012
576 Posts
I have similar problems at local elementary school grounds. They don't want my plane distracting their soccer practice, even tho I take off and land elsewhere.

I remember once some guy voiced concern that we might be taking pictures of his wife through a window of some nearby apartments while she had her bathrobe (or less) on.
billisfree is offline Find More Posts by billisfree
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2013, 10:44 PM
AndyKunz's Avatar
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,923 Posts
Revenge of the soccer moms?

One of my friends flies his models in a park back in NJ. He landed and a woman drove over it with her SUV. She didn't even realize she hit it - probably on the phone or something. If I got the details wrong, I'm sure he'll correct me.

The lesson is clear, though: Never mess with a Soccer Mom!

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2013, 11:10 PM
Y=C+I+G
cmdl's Avatar
United States, CA, Rosemead
Joined Jan 2012
7,398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
She didn't even realize she hit it - probably on the phone or something.
i think that's representative of the majority of the population

i'm always happy when i see a whole bunch of flyers at my field - then the drive back reminds me of what a dwindling minority we are
cmdl is online now Find More Posts by cmdl
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2013, 11:11 PM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2006
227 Posts
actually, she drove over it twice. once in reverse. once in drive.

...because the more times you drive over it, the flatter it gets
NJNJperson is offline Find More Posts by NJNJperson
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2013, 11:24 PM
Hobby King Hater
Kimber's Avatar
USA
Joined Mar 2005
4,409 Posts
Here we can not fly at the school grounds, fields, so on during the school year, only in
the summer.. We have lots of places to fly small planes so it's no big deal.

The youth center has six soccer fields we can use year round.
Kimber is online now Find More Posts by Kimber
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2013, 11:27 PM
Registered User
billisfree's Avatar
Joined Oct 2012
576 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Revenge of the soccer moms?

One of my friends flies his models in a park back in NJ. He landed and a woman drove over it with her SUV. She didn't even realize she hit it - probably on the phone or something. If I got the details wrong, I'm sure he'll correct me.

The lesson is clear, though: Never mess with a Soccer Mom!

Andy
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJNJperson View Post
actually, she drove over it twice. once in reverse. once in drive.

...because the more times you drive over it, the flatter it gets
Nice camaflage - matches the color of the pavement?
billisfree is offline Find More Posts by billisfree
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2013, 12:34 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2013
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by billisfree View Post
I have similar problems at local elementary school grounds. They don't want my plane distracting their soccer practice, even tho I take off and land elsewhere.

I remember once some guy voiced concern that we might be taking pictures of his wife through a window of some nearby apartments while she had her bathrobe (or less) on.
I tend to close my blinds when I don't want people to see me naked through my windows, as if an rc plane could get a good shot through someone's window anyway.
tyhollin is offline Find More Posts by tyhollin
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2013, 12:36 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2013
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Revenge of the soccer moms?

One of my friends flies his models in a park back in NJ. He landed and a woman drove over it with her SUV. She didn't even realize she hit it - probably on the phone or something. If I got the details wrong, I'm sure he'll correct me.

The lesson is clear, though: Never mess with a Soccer Mom!

Andy
Nah, not a soccer moms. Soccer ladies, the ones who actually play soccer, the kind with the big buff legs who probably just date eachother.
tyhollin is offline Find More Posts by tyhollin
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2013, 01:43 AM
Registered User
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Jul 2013
35 Posts
Kudos to you, tyhollin!!! That's classic!
Blueman46 is offline Find More Posts by Blueman46
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2013, 02:28 AM
Registered User
Letchworth, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jul 2004
11,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyhollin View Post
Some soccer ladies attempted to tell us we were not allowed to fly our styrofoam park flyers at that park anymore because the planes would tear up their soccer field...
We would like to tell the rugby players not to tear up their field, for the divots etc. tear off our landing gear when the ground freezes over -- and our planes get muddy when it's wet
abenn is offline Find More Posts by abenn
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2013, 03:00 AM
Registered User
Joined Aug 2013
108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by abenn View Post
We would like to tell the rugby players not to tear up their field, for the divots etc. tear off our landing gear when the ground freezes over -- and our planes get muddy when it's wet
This is exactly why we chose the soccer field. The football practice area is too rough for wheels and too hard for belly landings. The lush soccer field grass makes for amazing belly landings
tyhollin is offline Find More Posts by tyhollin
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2013, 03:31 AM
Registered User
rcmaverick's Avatar
Australia, NSW, Sydney
Joined Mar 2012
1,083 Posts
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
rcmaverick is offline Find More Posts by rcmaverick
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 01, 2013, 08:10 AM
1-2 ounces of pure fun!
weewings's Avatar
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined Sep 2013
104 Posts
They are man haters! Ohh ohhh here they come.. watch out.



Quote:
Originally Posted by tyhollin View Post
Nah, not a soccer moms. Soccer ladies, the ones who actually play soccer, the kind with the big buff legs who probably just date eachother.
weewings is offline Find More Posts by weewings
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion Kicked out of park :-( robodeath Electric Plane Talk 96 Sep 21, 2013 11:17 AM
Discussion How to get kicked out of a Presidential Inauguration event .. logan5 Life, The Universe, and Politics 21 Jan 22, 2013 01:41 AM
Kicked Out of City Park for Flying My Park Flyer kelvin Beginner Training Area (Aircraft-Electric) 41 Jan 10, 2011 08:59 AM
Discussion For those of you who get a kick out of Chris Christie and the unions in Jersey... D B Cooper Life, The Universe, and Politics 5 Dec 09, 2010 12:25 PM
Discussion Kicked Out No Reason Draconious Parkflyers 49 May 22, 2006 08:28 PM