HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 27, 2013, 02:31 AM
arizona
Joined Sep 2010
651 Posts
Discussion
protocol manta quadcopter

I was at bestbuy today and saw an interesting quadcopter. It's the protocol manta. It was $99.99 so it's not cheap. It looked smaller than my v212 but bigger than my v202. The only thing I could find on google was the ad on best buys website. Anyone have more info on it please chime in.
ryan93civic is offline Find More Posts by ryan93civic
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2013, 05:45 AM
Step 1: Tear it apart
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
4,698 Posts
Ryan I believe this is a Syma X3 clone.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 17, 2013, 05:45 PM
Joined Mar 2012
685 Posts
Don't waste your money on that toy. If you want a quad, get a Blade mxq if you can find one
or Heli-max 1SQ. BTW the !SQ with the camera is worth the money, but not as powerful as the mqx.
Valkpilot is offline Find More Posts by Valkpilot
Old Nov 26, 2013, 08:22 PM
United States, CO, Northglenn
Joined Dec 2012
93 Posts
I got it at ross

49$ ....seemed like a decent price, most mini quads are arou 100$ mark. Just something to buzz around the living room
banknwank is offline Find More Posts by banknwank
Old Nov 28, 2013, 12:07 PM
Joined Oct 2013
10 Posts
TJ Max has them for $60 if you get it fast enough

Saw a few yesterday in a TJ Max store where we stopped by.

It looks a bit like WLToys V262 clone, with remote looking very similar. However, the protective plastic rings appear to be solid, and not Styrofoam as in V262.
casual_flier123 is offline Find More Posts by casual_flier123
Old Dec 09, 2013, 10:32 AM
Joined Dec 2013
1 Posts
Protocol manta quadcopter

Checked Ross and TJ's but must have sold out. Best buy has them at $79.99. It's perfect as a first quad. Really easy. I tried the smaller ones with direct drive props (no gears). They're nimble, but the blades get loose because they're just pressure fit onto the motor's drive shaft. Plus, they are small and too symmetrical in shape, so if it gets more than 100 feet away, it's almost impossible to see what direction it's facing. The Manta looks way cooler and is visually easy to follow. The blade guards make it easy to see. Banked turns and flips are also easy once you get into it. Love this thing. After a crash, you may need to check the blade guard brackets and click them back into place- depending on how hard it hits. They are flexible and can take a hit but can get knocked out of position.
HDawson is offline Find More Posts by HDawson
Old Jan 08, 2014, 08:31 PM
United States, IN, Crown Point
Joined Jan 2014
220 Posts
Picked up a Manta today at. tjmaxx. Was planning on getting a hubsan x4 or rc eye one as first quad, so I thought Id try this out to see how I like flying quads. Looks a little used, so we'll see how it goes. Any thoughts yet on this quad?
Runpaulone is offline Find More Posts by Runpaulone
Old Jan 08, 2014, 08:57 PM
Joined Jan 2014
220 Posts
Battery lasted all of 5 minutes while I was training. Big learning curve coming from heli controls. The fact that you can't easily swap batteries on this is ridiculous. I've got to wait 60 min to train again.
Last edited by Runpaulone; Jan 08, 2014 at 09:03 PM.
Old Jan 08, 2014, 11:30 PM
Joined Jan 2014
220 Posts
I can't say I'm experienced by any means, but if I had paid $100 for this I'd be pissed. Any time it drops, the trims go way off. Battery life <5min. Loses connection to Tx all the time. Half the time I raise throttle 1/2 way it takes a second to respond. POS, at least the one I got was.