HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

Team Rebel Design To Release New Hercules Frames And More

Team Rebel Design will have several new options when it comes to sport and AP flying!

Splash

Team Rebel Design Have More Than Brushless Gimbals!

Team Rebel Design known mainly for their "Beholder" brand of brushless gimbals will have several new Hercules multirotor frame options as wellas a 'ADD-YOUR-OWN-FC-AND-RC' Multirotor kit packages. They are also adding some Phantom upgrade motors to their growing list of available products and even have a larger 800mm Hercules H800 foldable Hex coming very soon!

Team Rebel Design's New Products

Hercules Sporta 350mm

• Aimed at Aerobatic flying or training purposes, this frame is robust enough to take some abuse.
  • Carbon fiber center plate
  • Aluminum Arms (Sold separately for crash repair if needed and soon in multiple colors!)
  • Full carbon version coming soon for the ultimate Aerobatic package!
  • The Sporta will be available in a 'ADD-YOUR-OWN-FC-AND-RC Kit'
  • Eventually available in a BNF version

Hercules Q650 Folding Quadcopter

• 650mm motor to motor
  • Folding Quadcopter frame
  • Aimed at entry level Aerial Photography
  • Parts are Carbon Fiber or CNC Alunimum

Other Products Coming Soon

Hercules 2208-1100kv

• Upgrade motor for the DJI Phantom
  • Aerobatic motor for other frames
  • 3s Lipo using 8045/8050 props
  • Motors have counter rotating thread and are self tightening!
  • The prop bullet on the top will be in two different colors for rotation direction.

Hercules-RapidESC

• TRD is working directly with SimonK
  • Royalties will be paid before an ESC leaves the factory
  • Details to follow

Hercules H800

• 800mm Foldable Hexacopter
  • Six arm, upgraded version of the Q650

For more information check out: Team Rebel Design

Last edited by Sleepyc; Sep 24, 2013 at 02:12 PM..

Discussion

Old Sep 26, 2013, 05:39 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,131 Posts
The sports frame look good, but having worked with alumi for quite some time, I can see MAJOR flaws in this design.

No offense intended. Perhaps they hope to sell many spare arms...

Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 26, 2013, 09:05 AM
The ReBels
Joined Mar 2013
266 Posts
I hate to prove people wrong. But engineers does not give customer with false info. In pre-production simulation, the model has been optimized to have F.O.S(factor of safety) greater than 1 at 5kg impact at far end. Feel free to find out our simulation data below.

Note, at 50N impact it is not broken yet. the stress is within yield strength of 6063-t6. Therefore the arm is not stretched or bent at this point.
Team.Rebel is offline Find More Posts by Team.Rebel
Old Sep 26, 2013, 09:34 AM
United States, FL, St Augustine
Joined May 2013
170 Posts
Well it does look sharp :/
Boosted2000si is offline Find More Posts by Boosted2000si
Old Sep 26, 2013, 11:11 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team.Rebel View Post
I hate to prove people wrong.
Actially, you pretty much supported my point with this data.

Quote:
But engineers does not give customer with false info. In pre-production simulation, the model has been optimized to have F.O.S(factor of safety) greater than 1 at 5kg impact at far end.
By this definition, a structure with a FOS of exactly 1 will support only the design load and no more. Any additional load will cause the structure to fail. A structure with a FOS of 2 will fail at twice the design load http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Factor_of_safety

Quote:
Note, at 50N impact it is not broken yet. the stress is within yield strength of 6063-t6. Therefore the arm is not stretched or bent at this point.
A 50N impact for a quad this size fully loaded with battery and receiver is merely a mild crash from 10 feet off the ground at low speed. A high speed crash can easily generate a 300N impact with this model. That's more than 6 times more than what the frame can handle before getting mangled. Your data is based on the weight of the frame only! You seem to forget that 4 ESCs, 4 motors, wiring, a battery and a FC will be mounted to that frame.

Anyway. I'm not going to have a long debate with you about this, and if I may offer some feedback, I think 100$ + shipping for this is way over-priced. The cost of producing this frame in China is about 30$. Heck, you are charging 30$ just for replacement landing gear. It's outrageous.

Had you asked me where I think the design is flawed, I would have told you. But you seemed more concerned about "proving" me wrong.

More importantly, 6063 aluminium is roughly half as strong as 6061 T-6 aircraft aluminium and simply should NOT be used to mill multirotor arms unless you intend in making a killer selling replacement arms.

Good luck.

Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 26, 2013, 11:45 AM
James not bond
United States, MN, Minneapolis
Joined May 2012
2,074 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobepine View Post
Actially, you pretty much supported my point with this data.

By this definition, a structure with a FOS of exactly 1 will support only the design load and no more. Any additional load will cause the structure to fail. A structure with a FOS of 2 will fail at twice the design load http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Factor_of_safety

A 50N impact for a quad this size fully loaded with battery and receiver is merely a mild crash from 10 feet off the ground at low speed. A high speed crash can easily generate a 300N impact with this model. That's more than 6 times more than what the frame can handle before getting mangled. Your data is based on the weight of the frame only! You seem to forget that 4 ESCs, 4 motors, wiring, a battery and a FC will be mounted to that frame.

Anyway. I'm not going to have a long debate with you about this, and if I may offer some feedback, I think 100$ + shipping for this is way over-priced. The cost of producing this frame in China is about 30$. Heck, you are charging 30$ just for replacement landing gear. It's outrageous.

Had you asked me where I think the design is flawed, I would have told you. But you seemed more concerned about "proving" me wrong.

More importantly, 6063 aluminium is roughly half as strong as 6061 T-6 aircraft aluminium and simply should NOT be used to mill multirotor arms unless you intend in making a killer selling replacement arms.

Good luck.

Chris
50N is 5kg each arm.. ... i doubt if anyone is going ot put 20kg worth of stuff on that tiny quad.

btw.. it does sound like people being jealous about the profit.
jy0933 is offline Find More Posts by jy0933
Old Sep 26, 2013, 11:50 AM
Joined Jun 2011
8,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jy0933 View Post
50N is 5kg each arm.. ... i doubt if anyone is going ot put 20kg worth of stuff on that tiny quad.

A crash never hits 4 arms at once. And 20 KG is peanuts compared to when you hit the ground at 50km/hr with a 800 gram build.

Chris

Quote:
Critical, perhaps. Not jealous. They'd make more money of they sold the frames for 60$
Site Sponsor
Last edited by bobepine; Sep 26, 2013 at 12:19 PM.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 12:11 PM
United States, MI, Dearborn
Joined Jan 2013
195 Posts
Looks a lot like the hover things flip frame. The arms seem to be pretty thin where they attach to the center plate.
unit311 is offline Find More Posts by unit311
Old Sep 26, 2013, 12:17 PM
Joined Jun 2011
8,131 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unit311 View Post
Looks a lot like the hover things flip frame. The arms seem to be pretty thin where they attach to the center plate.
They are even thinner right in front of the motor.

Best,
Chris
Site Sponsor
Old Sep 26, 2013, 04:07 PM
Semper Fi
United States, CA, Rancho Cucamonga
Joined Mar 2009
1,013 Posts
Let's see the H800 folder! I will buy one...

By the way - your web site does not have much information.
greedyg76 is offline Find More Posts by greedyg76
Last edited by greedyg76; Sep 26, 2013 at 04:27 PM.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 08:52 PM
Hong Kong, Kowloon, To Kwa Wan
Joined Jun 2013
6 Posts
just to inform anyone who is interested in Sporta that, more info and promotion can be found on the thread here
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2003661

MSRP of Sporta is 79.99... eHobby (us) is now offering $20 off for it. So it will be $59.99+shipping ... we are also setting up USA local shipping. It will be free shipping within USA when it is ready.
eHobby.cn is offline Find More Posts by eHobby.cn
Old Sep 28, 2013, 03:18 AM
Joined Aug 2012
42 Posts
motor and frame look good,it is made of steel.it seems very cool
sarivaly is offline Find More Posts by sarivaly
Site Sponsor