HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 05, 2013, 04:36 PM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,492 Posts
That was probably my cruddy camera. And I added the gimbal and moved the battery so I need to adjust the gyro sliders in the program. To compensate for moving the components around.
As for the Naza I have owned 3 and currently have a lite version. And I just don't loike them. They fly ok to me. But they too jitter a lot. And I just don't trust them. But that is my experiences.
tc3wins is offline Find More Posts by tc3wins
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 05, 2013, 04:51 PM
Joined Dec 2009
2,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins View Post
That was probably my cruddy camera. And I added the gimbal and moved the battery so I need to adjust the gyro sliders in the program. To compensate for moving the components around.
As for the Naza I have owned 3 and currently have a lite version. And I just don't loike them. They fly ok to me. But they too jitter a lot. And I just don't trust them. But that is my experiences.
Why don't you tuning with your radio. Slider or knob will do.

As for the APM 2.6 it does take sometime but it is a very capable powerful system. The Naza is nice too but I think the Super X is the easiest to setup.
NaterPin is offline Find More Posts by NaterPin
Old Oct 05, 2013, 05:03 PM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,492 Posts
Next video will be a lot better. I just wanted to make a quick video. A few guys asked if I could.
Old Oct 05, 2013, 05:20 PM
United States, FL, St Petersburg
Joined Nov 2005
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3wins View Post
Next video will be a lot better. I just wanted to make a quick video. A few guys asked if I could.

Thank's for the video Stu I'm sold going to be fun trying something new out.
Chad2323 is offline Find More Posts by Chad2323
Old Oct 05, 2013, 06:21 PM
United States, NV, Henderson
Joined Sep 2013
1,050 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoggdoc View Post
Didn't notice much wind (looking at trees). Seems it was jockeying around a bit to stay in place. I have 3 NAZAs they lock in way better than that and that is my complaint with other controllers, plus most use too many channels on the radio.

HD
Look at the bushes next to the ground. There is wind for sure. That isn't a big machine either.
akfreak is offline Find More Posts by akfreak
Old Oct 05, 2013, 06:41 PM
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,492 Posts
The one I built and flying is a x650 but it is not the pro. It has the smaller motors and props
Old Oct 05, 2013, 07:36 PM
Joined Dec 2009
2,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by akfreak View Post
Look at the bushes next to the ground. There is wind for sure. That isn't a big machine either.
Most of that is prop wash.... not all but most. As he said he still needs to tune it. Canadian geek ran the same system for a bit and it was solid.
NaterPin is offline Find More Posts by NaterPin
Old Oct 05, 2013, 09:01 PM
Joined Feb 2013
989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoggdoc View Post
A couple of guys I have talked to about fling the APM commented they a real pain to get dialed in. One fellow had been working with his for over a year. So would suggest you stay away from that FC.
This is true of any open-source EFC, not just APM. Before I got to the "over a year" point, I bailed and got a Super X.
Electro 2 is offline Find More Posts by Electro 2
Old Oct 06, 2013, 03:59 AM
Joined Sep 2010
4 Posts
XAircraft. SuperX 'J'
mike1306 is offline Find More Posts by mike1306
Old Oct 06, 2013, 06:46 AM
Joined Aug 2013
105 Posts
Right, the APM will go on the bay then. I've had the thing for a couple of months but haven't got around to installing it. Every time I set aside some time I end up spending it flying rather than taking it apart.
SuperX here I come.
rilot is online now Find More Posts by rilot
Old Oct 06, 2013, 01:50 PM
1sq
United States, CA, Imperial Beach
Joined Mar 2013
1,349 Posts
TC3,
I've been reading about the APM 2.6 for my custom Apollo frame project. This Super X sounds like a nice FC for that project too. Do you think the Super X IO and FC box will fit happily in the Apollo? How do you compare the Super X to the Apollo FC?
1sq is offline Find More Posts by 1sq
Old Oct 10, 2013, 04:31 PM
Joined Jul 2012
3 Posts
Any chance of IOC on this controller? Naza has this.
dgeffs is offline Find More Posts by dgeffs
Old Oct 10, 2013, 08:49 PM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2006
978 Posts
With the stability of the GPS I really don;t see the need for IOC, and I hardly know anyone who uses IOC that has a naza. But from my understanding they will be updating the firmware with several cool things over the next while, so stay tuned!
Sleepyc is offline Find More Posts by Sleepyc
Old Oct 10, 2013, 10:28 PM
Joined Feb 2013
989 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rilot View Post
Right, the APM will go on the bay then. I've had the thing for a couple of months but haven't got around to installing it. Every time I set aside some time I end up spending it flying rather than taking it apart.
SuperX here I come.
You won't regret it. Stop tuning and start flying!
Electro 2 is offline Find More Posts by Electro 2
Old Oct 11, 2013, 11:32 AM
Closed Account
Joined Aug 2006
978 Posts
Hey guys, i just finished a review of some Avroto HEAVY LIFt motors, that review will be up in the next day or so, but check out the video I did for that review. I used the SuperX on a Hexacrafter and it performed FLAWLESSLY even toting a 9lb gallon of water. I did not have to change the gain settings even when adding the 9lb payload. Simply awesome. SuperX rules. I just ordered my 3rd SuperX, soon my whole commercial fleet will be on SuperX.

RCGroups.com Reviews the Avroto 3520 KV:400 LIFT Series Brushless Motor (7 min 35 sec)
Sleepyc is offline Find More Posts by Sleepyc