HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

Hodges Hobbies All Electric Fly In

Join in the fun at Hodges Hobbies in lovely Andersonville, GA!

Splash

Hodges Hobbies All Electric Fly In

Mac Hodges field is the stuff that RC dreams are made of. This is a great event at an amazing flying site!

Date - October 17 - 19

Location - Click here for the RCG Places link.

• Hosted at Mac Hodges beautiful 1600 grass field in Andersonville GA
  • HHAEFI welcomes all kinds of electric flying from ultra micro to giant scale.
  • Helicopters, multi-rotor, EDF, 3D, scale, and more are all welcome
  • Noon Show with world class pilots including the world famous B-29
  • Plenty of Night Flying
  • HHAEFI Full Contact Combat
  • Over $3000 in Raffle Prizes!
  • Concessions available at the field
  • Camping hookups available for a small fee (while they last!)
  • Non hookup camping is FREE!
Pilot registration is only $10 during pre-registration and $15 at the door. Registration covers all three days and includes 2 raffle tickets.

Join the conversation.

Go to the site.

Discussion

This thread is privately moderated by Jim T. Graham, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 01:28 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,495 Posts
this is one of the greatest events of the year!
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snuggles Speaks
Old Sep 19, 2013, 01:24 PM
KFC
Blue Foam Master!!!
United States, KY, Hanson
Joined May 2007
2,605 Posts
My old wing! I miss that plane a lot. I guess I'll have to make another one someday.
KFC is offline Find More Posts by KFC
Old Oct 04, 2013, 10:43 PM
Foam is good.
Tucker, GA
Joined Dec 2007
2,379 Posts
I Really want to go. Bad. My favorite event of all time! Gotta play it by ear though. Health concerns... Appointments. Etc.
HomeDaddy is offline Find More Posts by HomeDaddy
Old Oct 05, 2013, 06:29 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,170 Posts
Homedaddy would be awesome if you could make it.. Hope your helth concerns get taken care of quickly and you get well soon!

Matt
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Oct 05, 2013, 01:06 PM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,406 Posts
I will do my best to be there this year. working on getting the Leave. and I might bring some new guys with Me.
tc3wins is online now Find More Posts by tc3wins
Old Oct 06, 2013, 05:24 PM
The SEFF telescope guy.
Savannah, Ga.
Joined Apr 2006
1,112 Posts
Bring all your friends. This is a great time and place to fly and enjoy the hobby. Lots of friendly folks, a great hobby shop and a premier flying field, food available on site, bathrooms and showers and free camping if you don't need one of the powered RV spots. What more could you want? Maybe a raffle and noon demo's including Mac's B-29...we can do that! See you there.
Dave Burrow is online now Find More Posts by Dave Burrow
Old Oct 07, 2013, 09:50 AM
"Audentes Fortuna Juvat"
USA, GA, Macon
Joined Oct 2008
882 Posts
Just want to remind everyone that HHAEFI preregistration will close at midnight this coming Friday. If you want to take advantage of the $5 preregistration discount please make sure to register by Friday the 11th.

Evel Knievel is offline Find More Posts by Evel Knievel
Old Oct 10, 2013, 11:58 AM
United States, FL, Tallahassee
Joined Mar 2013
356 Posts
Did you all read MAC is closing after 30 years
Diamond Hobby is offline Find More Posts by Diamond Hobby
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 10, 2013, 12:40 PM
TECH for XaircraftAmerica!
South Carolina
Joined Mar 2009
5,406 Posts
When . I have not seen this.
tc3wins is online now Find More Posts by tc3wins
Old Oct 10, 2013, 12:49 PM
United States, FL, Tallahassee
Joined Mar 2013
356 Posts
He mentioned it in his news letter.

To: Greetings from Hodges Hobbies Subscriber
Sent: Tuesday, October 08, 2013 4:44 PM
Subject: Greetings from Hodges Hobbies Message

(Mailing list information, including how to remove yourself, is located at the end of this message.)
Greetings From Hodges Hobbies;
We have a couple of great events coming up here at Hodges Hobbies:
This weekend (Thursday, Friday, and Saturday Oct. 10-12) we are hosting the Rally of Eagles. This is a giant warbird and scale event. I think this is our 4th year hosting this event that was previously held in Florida and it has grown every year and has become one of the best events on the schedule.
The following weekend (Thursday through Satruday Oct. 17-19) we are having our fall electric event which we call HHAEFI (Hodges Hobbies All Electric Fly In). This event is our second largest event of the year with SEFF being the largest.
At both events we will have concessions catered by Kate's Soul Food so come out and enjoy a great meal while attending a couple of great fly-ins.
We've got the new Flyzone Hadron from Great Planes in stock...this is a fast, very maneuverable vectored thrust flying wing.
Also have the new Ultra Micro Icon A5 BNF with the AS3X system. This should be a lot of fun on the pond...just look out for the little alligator that is living in there now.
After a run of a little over 30 years Hodges Hobbies is closing the doors. I've decided it's time and will be winding things down over the next few months. I don't have a definite timetable or definite plan yet but things will grind to a halt sometime in the near future. It will be business as usual as the inventory goes down and expect some sales starting now with 20% off of everything in the store.
Take care, Mac
Diamond Hobby is offline Find More Posts by Diamond Hobby
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 10, 2013, 02:43 PM
"Audentes Fortuna Juvat"
USA, GA, Macon
Joined Oct 2008
882 Posts
The hobby shop will be tapering down its operations over the next several weeks. The flying field will remain open and will continue hosting events like SEFF and HHAEFI.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 04:57 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
USA, GA, Atlanta
Joined Nov 2008
14,495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evel Knievel View Post
The hobby shop will be tapering down its operations over the next several weeks. The flying field will remain open and will continue hosting events like SEFF and HHAEFI.
Anything we can do for Mac on his way out? He was so influential to so many of us...
bsbauman is online now Find More Posts by bsbauman
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snuggles Speaks
Old Oct 10, 2013, 10:55 PM
"Audentes Fortuna Juvat"
USA, GA, Macon
Joined Oct 2008
882 Posts
He is having a sale to thin out some of the stock. He will be open during HHAEFI.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 03:04 PM
"Audentes Fortuna Juvat"
USA, GA, Macon
Joined Oct 2008
882 Posts
The much anticipated HHAEFI V8 shirt design! Just because it's an electric event doesn't mean that we can't have "big block" fun!

Preregistration ends tonight at midnight so make sure to get registered! Those who preregister enjoy discounted registration fees.