HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

Phoenix Edge HVF 160

The perfect ESC for full canopy 700 and 800 size helis!

Splash

Phoenix Edge HVF 160

Castle Creations - Alright, we have something for those requiring a bit "cooler" operation.

The Phoenix Edge HVF 160 has a built in 5 volt DC fan providing the much needed cooling in applications that have little to no airflow to the ESC, keeping your setup running healthy and efficient. It works great in 700 and 800 size helicopters with a full canopy or aircraft where the ESC is mounted inside the fuselage without venting. The fan has a 12 inch standard receiver lead that can be plugged into any channel on the receiver.

Applications

• Helis - 700 Class or 800 Class
  • Fixed wing - giant scale

Technical Specs

• Input voltage - MIN: 3S LiPo | MAX - 12S LiPo
  • Max continuous amperage at full throttle - 160 amps*

Size and Weight

• Width - 2.0" (50.8mm)
  • Length - 4.3" (108.4mm)
  • Height - 1.7" (43.2mm)
  • Weight w/wires - 8.5 oz (241g)
  • Weight w/o wires - 5.6 oz (159g)

Miscellaneous

Programmability - Fully programmable Castle feature set using Castle Link USB adapter (coupon for free Castle Link USB adapter included in package) and freely downloadable Castle Link Windows software. Castle Field Link Programming Card (sold separately) compatible for select functions.

Connectors - Battery and motor connectors sold separately

Tools needed for installation - Soldering iron and solder to attach bullets to motor wires and battery connector to power wires.

Learn more here.

Discussion

Old Sep 18, 2013, 07:44 AM
Russellton, PA
Joined Oct 2002
1,021 Posts
That's a shame. Between 6 to 8 years when I was proto-typing 30 and 50 size e-powered conversion helis I used pancake fans on all my ESC's. Hacker and Kontronic...or whatever ESC I was running that would handle 6S to 8S. NEVER had a burnt out ESC or issue. So I guess the fan worked.

I also had the same pancake fans on my Hacker motors too. Trying to keep the operating temps below 170F was the goal.

Funny...now it's getting recognized and thought to be the best thing since sliced bread.

RIGHT!

GMRO
GMRO is offline Find More Posts by GMRO
Old Oct 08, 2013, 04:24 PM
High Dynamic Thrust
United States, FL, Mt Dora
Joined Feb 2007
2,304 Posts
I too have been using them on my esc's for years. castle could do a better integration of the fan into the housing making a lower profile and also cooling the fets with direct air flow and not just the sink. it worked very for me that way.
stoneenforcer is online now Find More Posts by stoneenforcer