HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 15, 2004, 01:24 AM
Canada, BC, Sparwood
Joined May 2002
267 Posts
returning pm problems

If I get a pm I can reply once after they pm me back. I try many times to pm them back again and all I get is a page saying that the internet page has changed and/ or is no longer available. I realy bites trying to make a business transaction when you can't pm back and have no way to get a hold of the person. I even try emailing by going under a persons profile and using the "click to email ***** " button but have the exact same problem.
Does anyone else have this issue?
thriller is offline Find More Posts by thriller
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 16, 2004, 06:52 AM
RIP Ric
Marietta, GA
Joined Jun 1999
43,312 Posts
Sounds like a browser cache issue? Check your cache settings..
..a
Andy W is offline Find More Posts by Andy W
Old Feb 16, 2004, 07:44 AM
Canada, BC, Sparwood
Joined May 2002
267 Posts
how should the cache be set?
thriller is offline Find More Posts by thriller
Old Feb 16, 2004, 02:21 PM
Joined Sep 2002
242 Posts
My problem is that I just discovered several PMs that are several months old. I have no idea how I got to that page. Also, I can't find any indication, anywhere, how you can click on to your PMs.

To my way of thinking, PMs are important to monitor regularly. A way to get to them should be obvious and prominent on all pages displayed.
1705493 is offline Find More Posts by 1705493
Last edited by 1705493; Feb 16, 2004 at 02:25 PM.
Old Feb 16, 2004, 02:29 PM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,504 Posts
The Personal messages can be accessed via the My RC Groups link in the blue bar at the top of the screen or by clicking on the yellow script Personal Messages at the bottom of the main index pages.

If you want to monitor your PMs and ensure that you don;t miss one then the best thing is to set your options in your user control panel, also available from the My RC Groups link, to receive an email notification when you are sent a PM.

Brian
leccyflyer is offline Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Feb 16, 2004, 03:05 PM
Joined Sep 2002
242 Posts
Thanks Brian, now that I know, I know. Still, for those like me who are dorks at computers, it might be a good idea to put that PM bar at the TOP of every page. In a million years I never would have ventured to scroll down all the way to the bottom just to see what's there. I think most people just go to what interests them and ignore the rest. Most people are quite busy and have to ration their time.

Also, If I may, it might be a good idea to make email notifcation automatic, by default. Can't imagine why such a convenience would be objected to but in any case, one could be allowed to disable the function for those not wanting it.

Just my thoughts.

Andy
1705493 is offline Find More Posts by 1705493