Old Sep 10, 2013, 10:39 PM
IF ani't broken, don't fix it.
Puerto Rico, Carolina
Joined Jul 2006
60 Posts
New Product
New Release: Aeroworks 20cc to 30cc Trainer GT ARF-QB Quick Build

From Aeroworks:
Aeroworks is proud to add the New 20cc 30cc Trainer GT to their line of QUICK BUILD Series Aircraft

Hello all,just found this at FG wanted to share with you all,enjoy

http://www.aero-works.net/store/detail.aspx?ID=556
Fish07 is offline Find More Posts by Fish07
Last edited by Fish07; Sep 10, 2013 at 10:41 PM. Reason: link
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 11, 2013, 05:55 AM
Tampa,Fl
United States, FL, Tampa
Joined Jan 2007
1,491 Posts
Looks sweet. Very scale looking. Aeroworks always has good quality products.
Dale 813 is offline Find More Posts by Dale 813
Old Sep 12, 2013, 08:26 AM
United States, PA, Shoemakersville
Joined Feb 2013
7 Posts
man, that thing looks awesome.
kking86 is offline Find More Posts by kking86
Old Sep 12, 2013, 08:52 PM
I'm a pilot... 100 yrs to late
USA, FL, Palm Harbor
Joined Jan 2005
3,429 Posts
Looks like a pretty tower trainer 40...
Thermalin is offline Find More Posts by Thermalin
Old Sep 12, 2013, 09:23 PM
IF ani't broken, don't fix it.
Puerto Rico, Carolina
Joined Jul 2006
60 Posts
Looks like the good old Sig Katet MK II.
Fish07 is offline Find More Posts by Fish07
Last edited by Fish07; Sep 12, 2013 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Foto
Old Sep 14, 2013, 12:07 PM
United States, CA, Clovis
Joined Mar 2004
3,203 Posts
I like it! Bout time someone took that format and blinged it up a bit. It looks very modern and current, with a nice touch of nostalgia.

At $449 it might be a tough sell, but we'll see. Thats probably 2 times the cost of the engine I remember when the engines were twice the cost of any kit. just a though there.. Its still a very nice plane.
DGrant is online now Find More Posts by DGrant
Last edited by DGrant; Sep 14, 2013 at 12:12 PM.
Old Jan 06, 2014, 04:48 PM
Guru/Mechanic Extraordinaire
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Jun 2007
145 Posts
I have one of these I assembled and maidened this past weekend. I was considering the OS 33, but went for the DLE 30 instead as I was not sure the Pitts muffler would not interfere with the nose gear. The assembly was straight forward and I ran into no real issues. I built the plane Saturday and had it ready to go for Sunday morning at the club. The DLE carb needles needed a bit of tweaking to get it running, but after only 5-10 min on the starting table, we decided to throw it in the air. I set the control throws using the TLAR method (That Looks About Right) for Low Rates and left the High Rates at 100%. The DLE 30 is certainly overpower for this plane, but exactly how I like it. It lifted off very quickly and only required a few clicks of trim and the CG feels pretty neutral. At half throttle and on low rates, it flies just like you would expect a trainer to fly - No bad habits and a good putt-around T&G plane. On MY high rates it flies like an aerobat performing very well... It rolls like an Extra, pulls tight inside and outside loops cleanly, and inverted flight requires surprisingly little elevator input. It's a great sport plane and I can see it quickly becoming one of my favorites.
acs_guitars is offline Find More Posts by acs_guitars
Last edited by acs_guitars; Jan 10, 2014 at 11:15 PM.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 09:44 PM
Scale flyer
United States, GA, Clayton
Joined Jul 2013
147 Posts
Would be nice to see this plane offered as a tail dragger for the grass flyer's out there. IMHO tri gear with pant's doesn't seem to be the best set up for a trainer plane.
daddyrabbit1234 is offline Find More Posts by daddyrabbit1234
Old Jan 10, 2014, 11:17 PM
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Jun 2007
145 Posts
I got in a few more flights today with a prop change. The first flights were done with a 20x8 Vess prop which did great until I nicked the tips taxiing due to the nose gear flexing. Today I tried an 18x6 which is not enough prop IMO. The needles didn't need much at all and the motor certainly unloads now. I plan on trying an 18x8 and 18x10 before I settle on one. Today I started wringing it out a bit more. I tried a few 3D maneuvers that I knew it would not want to do, and I was right... it didn't do them. However, the DLE30 will pull unlimited vertical at a decent climb rate with the 18x6 prop and will knife edge quite well the full length of the field. As a trainer should, it slows down nice, has a gentle stall, and in a cross wind it will crab in nice and slow. So far I really like the kit with the DLE30 and finding no gremlins.
Last edited by acs_guitars; Jan 11, 2014 at 04:33 PM.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 11:21 PM
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Jun 2007
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyrabbit1234 View Post
Would be nice to see this plane offered as a tail dragger for the grass flyer's out there. IMHO tri gear with pant's doesn't seem to be the best set up for a trainer plane.
Converting this to a tail dragger would not be too difficult, the hardest thing would be the steerable tail wheel.

Most purpose-built RC trainers are actually trike gear and tail draggers are traditionally considered more difficult for ground handling (In general, I don't really agree with this, but that's what they say). The pants are not included in the kit so they really are not an issue, and it does quite well on grass IMO. Though I think a heavier dual spring Fults style nose-gear (http://www.fultslandinggear.com/RFseries.html) would be much better... Turning around with much speed will flex the nose gear a bit. I have a Fults on order and will soon see if that is much improvement.
Last edited by acs_guitars; Jan 10, 2014 at 11:27 PM.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 10:33 PM
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Jun 2007
145 Posts
I got the Fults gear installed.... Much more solid than the stock piece.
Next up is the tow point.
Old Mar 01, 2014, 07:28 PM
United States, KS, Wichita
Joined Aug 2009
2 Posts
Can you tell me which Fults gear (Part Number or Size) that you used? I'm waiting for the back order at Aeroworks to come in in April. I thought I'd start picking up some of the items I'll need for this plane.
Stikpilot is offline Find More Posts by Stikpilot
Old Mar 01, 2014, 07:29 PM
United States, KS, Wichita
Joined Aug 2009
2 Posts
That said…per chance does anyone have one of these airplanes NIB that they want to sell? Never hurts to ask….
Stikpilot is offline Find More Posts by Stikpilot
Old Mar 01, 2014, 09:35 PM
USA, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Jun 2007
145 Posts
I went with the RF770 because it uses a little larger wire and is a bit more stout... I would call the Fults gear a requirement on this ARF, it is a MAJOR improvement.

I built a second one for a club member with the wheel pants, they look great and fit the Fults gear with only minor trimming to clear the axle.
Old Aug 27, 2014, 10:22 PM
Go Tech
United States, TX, Idalou
Joined Jul 2006
181 Posts
Anybody know of one of these for sale? I tried to order one today from Valley view, Chief, and aeroworks. Out of stock until January. :/(
redraider is offline Find More Posts by redraider