SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by Bud Morrison, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 01, 2006, 10:19 AM
Kentucky
Joined Feb 2004
243 Posts
Here`s my Lil Bug

MY BUG
I got this kit from Ebay and added a touch to it.Still on the bench .Was going flying today but not taking this one yet.
Wyatt is offline Find More Posts by Wyatt
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 01, 2006, 09:32 PM
Newton, NJ
Joined May 2003
1,884 Posts
Here's my latest 1/2a effort. It's an Ace Simple T-6, with Felix at the controls. Power is a Norvel .061 bigmig, and control is A/E/T. Now that the weather has improved, I'm hoping to maiden it soon.
BuzzBomber is offline Find More Posts by BuzzBomber
Old Apr 01, 2006, 09:45 PM
Mission, BC, Canada
Joined Dec 2003
401 Posts
Looks nice Matt. Let us know how it flies.
Bipe Flier is offline Find More Posts by Bipe Flier
Old Apr 03, 2006, 09:30 AM
Kentucky
Joined Feb 2004
243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt
MY BUG
I got this kit from Ebay and added a touch to it.Still on the bench .Was going flying today but not taking this one yet.
Well took it out and WOW they Fly great.
Old Apr 03, 2006, 11:35 PM
United States, UT, Eagle Mountain
Joined Dec 2004
145 Posts
Here is a couple of my racers
toad007 is offline Find More Posts by toad007
Old Apr 19, 2006, 02:32 PM
Sillamae, Estonia
Joined Nov 2005
2 Posts
powered 15 engines.
cyklop is offline Find More Posts by cyklop
Old Apr 21, 2006, 11:46 AM
Newton, NJ
Joined May 2003
1,884 Posts
Well, I'm happy to report that the T-6 depicted in post #122 had a VERY successful maiden flight last night. The little Norvel was singing a sweet tune, and I let her go into a slight wind, a gentle zephyr if you will, and she dropped a little, then proceeded to pick up altitude and airspeed nicely. Surprisingly, no trim was needed. The plane is very stable, yet responsive enough on the recommended throws as to be entertaining. I was pleasantly surprised how much speed this plane can muster at WOT considering that big cowl and the fact that I was using a 5x3 rubber ducky prop. The plane looks a little different now, with a yellow, slightly color-mismatched and weathered cowling(I found out the hard way that the black paint I used didn't like 25% nitro ). Anyhow, just thought I'd finish off the story...
BuzzBomber is offline Find More Posts by BuzzBomber
Old Apr 21, 2006, 02:35 PM
Mission, BC, Canada
Joined Dec 2003
401 Posts
Good to hear it flies well. Try Tremclad/Rustoleum and let it cure for a week.
Bipe Flier is offline Find More Posts by Bipe Flier
Old Apr 21, 2006, 03:14 PM
Kentucky
Joined Feb 2004
243 Posts
Try water base and top coat it with a spray clear.I use UPOL clear coat.I get it my auto paint store.It don`t take mush.
I`m working on mine.Took it out and broke it.Repairing now.I also built a brushless bird with a 3700 rpm motor.Wants to leave your hands.But I will always have alittle .049 around.
Old Apr 21, 2006, 08:50 PM
Kentucky
Joined Feb 2004
243 Posts
I posted a pic. of my new rebuilt bug.Got rid of the tailstaff that came with the little kit.Drop it to the bottom of the fuse.I used a arrow.Don`t laugh....Had to repair the wing(was broke inhalf)Happens when you do a nose dive wide open.Covered it again .Just cut and ironed it on.(no rules).so same plane differnt game.
There is another ready to go soon,It has a brushless 3700 rpm motor.I have no ideal how mush power it has yet .Started it once to make a check.WOW.All it is ,,is a wing 4 peices of balsa and motor and electrics.Oh yeah the arrow.
Going to fly them both in the morning ..So I better get back to work.I had the wing sheeted .Cut it out to lose some weight.Lost 2 oz.COOL.I hope it makes it through it`s maiden.

Wyatt
Old Apr 23, 2006, 01:02 PM
All things RC @ FMC!
United Kingdom -Suffolk
Joined Jan 2006
236 Posts
0s .10 powered 1/2 a low wing sport plane
liljoe is offline Find More Posts by liljoe
Old Apr 30, 2006, 03:42 AM
1/2a Flyer!
Russell, PA
Joined Sep 2003
41 Posts
Latest build, to honor the Seahawks. Cox super Medallion .049, 3 channels of elev, alerons and rudder. Built quite a few , each as a testbed to better the next one.
Remby is offline Find More Posts by Remby
Old Apr 30, 2006, 07:03 PM
Let the good times roll
Southern California
Joined Jun 2004
260 Posts
Herr engineering P-51. Invasion stripes soon to come.
TheCrow is offline Find More Posts by TheCrow
Old May 14, 2006, 07:31 AM
Blackpool, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Dec 2003
1,342 Posts
DH110 ready to test.

Span 34".......OS10 pusher.
peterangus is offline Find More Posts by peterangus
Old May 14, 2006, 10:45 AM
Kentucky
Joined Feb 2004
243 Posts
Wow that a nice plane.I havn`t went there still tring to go forward.
Wyatt.
I`ve redone my 1/2er added a blackwidow.I gave the other one to a freind and put a GWS 400 in it.Will convert him later to gas.Got another I was flying and crashed(redeady to go again) with one of those 2410-10.They are sweey.The plane looks like a 1933 racer and it is fast and wild.
Was going to take the .049`s out ,,,but to nasty.
I`m waiting on a Novel .049 to come in the mail.I wanted a RC version but bidded on this one to fast.Also coming is another blackwidow and more .049`s get them while you can.I buy almost everyone I see.There is a dude selling new one cheap on ebay,,,for how long I don`t know.I`ve built and sold a few ,,,,but hate to see a great plane go.
Having a harder time find good nitro.What do you all fly????????????????
I also got bigger planes and alot more to build.But for a quick and cheap day in the air. 1/2 er`s is the way for me.Yes you have your electric`s and your park fliers.I take a 12.95 dollar motor and some old flight pack stuff and some balsa and go fly.
Back to the Studio,
Wyatt.