HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Bud Morrison, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 12:24 AM
USA, MD, Waldorf
Joined Apr 2009
27 Posts
.049 Identify this Delta Plane Control Line

What is this plane. I am going to convert it to rc. Help!!

http://youtu.be/pSDWU4BRhrk

see video planeman4u on youtube

http://youtu.be/pSDWU4BRhrk
victoriad is offline Find More Posts by victoriad
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 17, 2011, 08:32 AM
Michigan, USA
Joined Jul 2006
578 Posts
It's a Bratco Hex Drone. They came with Norvel .061 engine.
GliderJim is offline Find More Posts by GliderJim
Old Sep 17, 2011, 05:30 PM
United States, SC, Columbia
Joined May 2010
1,364 Posts
That's a nice looking plane, it looks tough too. it should give you a pretty wild ride.
I'm on a run of seeing great looking black and yellow planes lately. I'm leaning toward that for the one on my work table now. I'm tired of red and white. keep us posted.
RknRusty is offline Find More Posts by RknRusty
Old Sep 25, 2011, 08:57 PM
3dizzle 4 lyfe
United States, OH, Philo
Joined Jul 2011
2,563 Posts
hk mini stick

i found this on hk.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=18996
and was wondering if a conversion could be made.
maybe .010 0r .020????
cale10 is offline Find More Posts by cale10
Old Sep 26, 2011, 10:27 PM
Deutschland, Berlin
Joined Aug 2011
192 Posts
lil`Matador

Hi !

Here is my slight modified lil`Matador :

regards, Sebastian
flyinglog is online now Find More Posts by flyinglog
Old Sep 26, 2011, 11:56 PM
Joined May 2010
1,364 Posts
Sebastian I have a question about how your Golden Bee is mounted.
You have the vents pointing from side to side. How did you decide on that configuration? Do you hold the plane on edge to fill the tank and start it?

I always position my Black Widow vents on top and bottom(same tank). That's the engine I'm going to mount on my Li'l Satan, the build you commented on earlier. So I wanted to see if there was a reason I hadn't thought of about that.

What about the pickup, do you have it pointing all the way to the outboard side?

Just curious. BTW, nice plane,
Rusty
Old Sep 27, 2011, 05:33 AM
Deutschland, Berlin
Joined Aug 2011
192 Posts
Hi Rusty !

I bought the engine used in this configuration and the former owner had it in a lil`Satan this way.He is in the F2B nats Team so i donīt ask. I think the good thing about it is that the Pickup can be straight and points outside. And the needle is not near the Exhaust. Refuelling and starting can be done flat or on the edge.
Prop is 5x3 APC and i fly it on 9 Meter lines. Control throws are about 20 degrees each direction.
I also wanted a bladder in it, but i couldn`t find a tube that works.

Regards, Sebastian
flyinglog is online now Find More Posts by flyinglog
Last edited by flyinglog; Sep 27, 2011 at 05:47 AM.
Old Sep 27, 2011, 07:56 AM
Joined May 2010
1,364 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinglog View Post
Hi Rusty !

I bought the engine used in this configuration and the former owner had it in a lil`Satan this way.He is in the F2B nats Team so i donīt ask. I think the good thing about it is that the Pickup can be straight and points outside. And the needle is not near the Exhaust. Refuelling and starting can be done flat or on the edge.
Prop is 5x3 APC and i fly it on 9 Meter lines. Control throws are about 20 degrees each direction.
I also wanted a bladder in it, but i couldn't find a tube that works.

Regards, Sebastian
Can't argue with an expert, I guess. I'll ask some of our resident combatants and see what they think. I know they'll think bladder, as I do, but I want to be flying it while I engineer that part. I've never made a bladder before. An 8cc tank of fuel must make a pretty short combat contest.

Thanks for the additional information too. I expect to trim my control throws, which look to be too extreme right now. Don't want to think I'm engaging an airbrake when I pull full-up. I'll start out using 10.7 meters of line. That will tame it a bit. I've never flown a combat plane before, but I can handle stunt planes pretty well. My maiden voyage will probably be with a 6x3 prop, but after that I'll put a 5x3 on it. Then on to a 5x4 for speed.

So I don't feel like I'm hijacking this thread, I'll post a picture of my currently airworthy fleet. I hope to add the Satan to it this week.:
Name: My Fleet.jpg
Views: 113
Size: 125.8 KB
Description:
My cell phone makes red look orange. That's a Stuntman 23 with a chopped short fuselage on the right. Chopping it was the best thing that ever happened to its performance. A Li'l Jumpin Bean, front center, and of course, the ol' PT-19 bringing up the rear. I also have a beat up Little Devil hollow-log fuse, not in the picture because it's not currently flyable.
Old Oct 02, 2011, 07:33 PM
"Unnecessary Necessity"
Canada, QC, Quebec City
Joined Sep 2006
5,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cale10 View Post
i found this on hk.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=18996
and was wondering if a conversion could be made.
maybe .010 0r .020????
Its a RTF version of Fred Reese's Littlest Stick, the plan HK show is the same as that one:
http://my.pclink.com/~dfritzke/lastick.pdf
from that site:
http://my.pclink.com/~dfritzke/index.html
I built one(with ailerons)originaly for a Cannon G-mark .030(full house)then Cox TD .020(R.E.A). It now fly with a 10grams outrunner from HK.
Its a bit too much for the .010 unless build very light with only rudder/elevator but fly well with the TD .020 or G-mark .030 thank to the bigger prop.
coriolan is online now Find More Posts by coriolan
Old Oct 03, 2011, 11:51 AM
Canada
Joined Nov 2000
7,246 Posts
Rusty: As far as I know one can't (well not without a serious engine rework) run a reedy Cox on Bladder.
Throttle intake is tiny and the needle valve threads are too coarse.. the transfer ports are tooo small and the cranks are even weaker than the TD ones.. Not a good choice, even IF you wanted to try it.
But anything is possible , although I've neither seen nor heard of it.
In the halcyon days of 1/2A, when a TD engine was like $20/25 and a Black Widow $15/20...there was no real reason to even bother modding a Reedy engine
Bare is online now Find More Posts by Bare
Old Oct 09, 2011, 10:19 AM
United States, KY, Taylorsville
Joined Mar 2010
1,758 Posts
Here's mine! They're all CL so hope that is okay. I crashed my only 1/2A RC job two seasons ago. See how many you can ID!
ARUP is offline Find More Posts by ARUP
Old Oct 09, 2011, 11:08 AM
United States, CA, Mariposa
Joined May 2011
236 Posts
More pics and info on the Spirit of ST. Louis, please...
CZ10 is offline Find More Posts by CZ10
Old Oct 09, 2011, 01:03 PM
Canada
Joined Nov 2000
7,246 Posts
Ditto; that one caught my attention immediately as well :-)

All are Very Nice Models by the way. Love the wee tank on the Blue one
Old Oct 09, 2011, 10:56 PM
United States, KY, Taylorsville
Joined Mar 2010
1,758 Posts
Thanks for the comments and interest! The Spirit of Saint Louis is a FLYLINE MODELS plan by Herb Clukey (sp?). I have just about all of those plans. They are very nice! It is 34" span and 21" long and tremendously underpowered but it does fly! I put Lindberg on the pushrod so that when the elevator moves so does Mr. Lindberg! You can see him in the window. The others are all my designs using 3-views. The Farman 'Farman' monowheel racer is the blue one. It would make a very unusual RC airplane as I have drawn plans already but not built as such.
ARUP is offline Find More Posts by ARUP
Old Oct 09, 2011, 11:11 PM
Canada
Joined Nov 2000
7,246 Posts
Ahhh... it IS a Flyline, I wondered on that.
Nice build job !
Always had a yen for building that one. Done most of their others.
Something about it appeals hugely.
When I finally decided/had time to build it.. the kits had vanished
Underpowered for CL, using which engine? or underpowered in general?
Do you have a link to it's plans perchance ??