HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale

Flying Iron Man

Say What?!?

Splash

Flying RC Extreme Hero

Experience the thrill of controlling the world’s first flying Iron Man. A full 19” long, the RC Extreme Hero Iron Man banks, soars dives and climbs, just like the real Iron Man. Made from lightweight yet durable, reinforced, structural foam, powered by high output twin engines, fueled by a built in, super capacity, rechargeable LiPo battery and driven by a custom programmed, extended distance 2.4 GHz controller, the RC Extreme Hero is the ultimate flying machine. A unique patent pending steering mechanism gives you greater control and a super tight turning radius. High performance yet easy enough for a beginner. Soar up to 300 feet in the air for 6-8 minutes per charge. Requires 6 AA batteries. Ages 8+. [RCExtremeHero]

Discussion

Old Sep 09, 2013, 11:32 AM
Transmogrified.
Southern California
Joined Feb 2006
2,811 Posts
Yup, you all are seeing right.

I'm doing what may be the most comprehensive online review to date in cooperation with inventor Greg Tanous and Freeman Public Relations. Once I get video, I can complete the review. Iron Man is an absolute blast to fly, so watch this space!
DismayingObservation is offline Find More Posts by DismayingObservation
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 09, 2013, 11:56 AM
Sweden, Västra Götaland, Partille
Joined May 2009
493 Posts
Nice one!
Nice touch with the steering, guess they saw it on RCgroups first, someone made a F15 with that kind of control.
Also saw that kind of flying super-hero, but that was bigger, much bigger, here.
rcsuperhero vertical take off (MUST SEE!) (5 min 15 sec)

I Have a Mattel Superman diff-thrust, new in box, its like 4 times bigger/heavier than the Airhogs or Silverlit x-twins, really nice moulded foam, guess i will keep it as is, (heard it flies like sh*t.).

Jimjim
jimjim06 is offline Find More Posts by jimjim06
Last edited by jimjim06; Sep 09, 2013 at 12:01 PM.
Old Sep 09, 2013, 05:34 PM
Transmogrified.
Southern California
Joined Feb 2006
2,811 Posts
Same guy who invented the small model also invented the large one you linked to.

Take it from someone who's flown this neat little toy: It's a winner.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 09, 2013, 09:22 PM
Power Wheels Guru
Southlake, TX
Joined Jan 2008
7,327 Posts
I saw Greg had that on his Linked-in photo.

That is great!

Now he just needs to go over to Stan Lee's house to "hang out" like on Big Bang Theory.
UNGN is offline Find More Posts by UNGN
Old Sep 09, 2013, 11:14 PM
Ft Lauderdale, FL.
Joined Jan 2007
2,210 Posts
Hey the videos do not show this flying so well, i hope it is really agile, because the vid. is mediocre
Machy2k is offline Find More Posts by Machy2k
Old Sep 10, 2013, 09:16 AM
Transmogrified.
Southern California
Joined Feb 2006
2,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machy2k View Post
Hey the videos do not show this flying so well, i hope it is really agile, because the vid. is mediocre
It is, much more so than I thought it would be. I'm hoping to get video of my own this Sunday so that I can finish the review.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 10, 2013, 06:10 PM
United States, OR, Medford
Joined Jan 2005
108 Posts
Is this a 2 channel?
brandonherring is offline Find More Posts by brandonherring
Old Sep 10, 2013, 07:28 PM
Transmogrified.
Southern California
Joined Feb 2006
2,811 Posts
Yup. Two-channel proportional differential thrust. The power pod swivels with the thrust, so the turns are remarkably tight.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2013, 09:17 AM
Boy Trapped In Old Man's Body
Joined Mar 2013
13 Posts
Hey Guys,

Oh man, just spent the last 2 days playing with the Flying Iron Man R/C Extreme Hero from EB Brands and it is awesome! I had to fight with my 11 year old to get a turn...in truth, he is the better pilot!

Here is our hands-on video review -

Iron Man Flying RC Extreme Hero Review. First Flying R/C Super Hero (6 min 8 sec)

Here is our full written review -

Flying Iron Man RC Extreme Hero Review

Very fun. Do want to remind people, this is consumer level RC, so not super advanced, but incredibly fun to fly.

Check out the video review, if you have questions, let me know and happy to do my best to get some answers.

Thanks,
Dan
DadDoes is offline Find More Posts by DadDoes
Old Sep 11, 2013, 01:11 PM
-=BS=-
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Jul 2009
1,152 Posts
Looks cool, but I'm sorry to say I am not convinced by the video.
I'd like to see an unedited video from launch to landing in real time (not slow mo) to be able to really evaluate how it flies.

As for the product, wish it would use the regular 1s micro Lipos since we all have many of those already.
And… wouldn't it be cool if it was EDF!
BlazingStar is offline Find More Posts by BlazingStar
Old Sep 11, 2013, 06:07 PM
Transmogrified.
Southern California
Joined Feb 2006
2,811 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingStar View Post
I'd like to see an unedited video from launch to landing in real time (not slow mo) to be able to really evaluate how it flies.

As for the product, wish it would use the regular 1s micro Lipos since we all have many of those already.
I'm getting video of the review sample on Sunday. I generally edit for length, but I'll show both an actual hand launch and the actual landing.

The li-po is indeed built in, but I'm assuming it's a readily available cell which a modeler can easily replace if need be. My guess is the target market is going to trash the airframe before they wear out the li-po.

It flies far, FAR better than any "box store" flying thingie I've ever flown...and EDF would be very pleasantly sick!
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 11, 2013, 06:16 PM
-=BS=-
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Jul 2009
1,152 Posts
Cool. Looking forward to it.

Replaceable lipo would help avoid the 45 min charge stated in the review. Maybe mod-able
BlazingStar is offline Find More Posts by BlazingStar
Old Sep 11, 2013, 07:32 PM
Heli's rule!
Midvale, Utah, USA
Joined Mar 2005
8,590 Posts
i hope this one isn a dud, my nephew would love one of these, he loves ironman... and of course, I would "help" him with it.... lol
dacaur is offline Find More Posts by dacaur
Old Sep 11, 2013, 08:10 PM
Boy Trapped In Old Man's Body
Joined Mar 2013
13 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazingStar View Post

Hey Blazing Star,

Check out the 4:43 mark on the video. What we show there is one continuous flight of the Iron Man. No cuts, no edits, no slow-mo. Completely get what you are saying, that is why we included this at the end - shows from takeoff to land. Again, my son did that on the first day flying it - with some practice, I am sure you can get better control. Actually that full flight was before we even recharged, so that was first 7 minutes of flying it!

Hope that helps,
Dan
DadDoes is offline Find More Posts by DadDoes