SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Sep 05, 2013, 04:57 PM
Some Sharp Looking Cheddar
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,688 Posts
New Product
Hitec Weekender Extra 300S

Introducing the Hitec Extra 300S. Part of Hitec's new Weekender series.

Here are the specs:

MULTIPLEX Extra 300S [english] (2 min 31 sec)

Hitec Extra 300S P2GO Weekender Assembly (17 min 15 sec)

Assembled Airframe
Preinstalled Servos, Motor and Speed Control
High Performance Aerobatic Fun
Model Specifications
Wingspan: 47.2 in.
Wing Area: 418 sq. in.
Wing Loading: 17.1 oz./sq. ft.
Fuselage Length: 42.5 in.
Weight (English): 3.1 lb.
Target User: Intermediate

Included Equipment
Motor: WB3720 600Kv Brushless Outrunner
Speed Control: 50 amp WE50A
Prop: 12 x 8 3-Blade
Servos: 4 Mini Servos Preinstalled

Recommended Hitec Radio Gear
Radio: Optic 6 Sport, Eclipse 7 Pro, Aurora 9
Receiver: Optima 6

Retail is $220.00 which is a great price for everything included.
http://hitecrcd.com/products/airplan...-300s-/product
i love nachos is offline Find More Posts by i love nachos
Last edited by i love nachos; Sep 08, 2013 at 05:37 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2013, 07:09 AM
Joined Sep 2010
4,036 Posts
Interesting for sure. There just doesn't seem to be much information available. Last week, HH listed this one in stock, but now it is listed as not stock. I almost ordered one last week, but backed out due to so little info available. I'd like to hear more.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Sep 06, 2013, 12:07 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
San Diego
Joined Dec 2005
160 Posts
Horizon Hobby along with the other major retailers/distributors (Tower/Hobbico) have the plane on the way to them from us. The plane can also be ordered from your LHS.

Multiplex is carrying this plane in Europe.
sspiker is offline Find More Posts by sspiker
Last edited by sspiker; Sep 06, 2013 at 01:01 PM. Reason: typo
Old Sep 06, 2013, 12:27 PM
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,688 Posts
Sure. Well here is all my personal experience with the Extra so far.

From the time I opened the box until the time the entire plane was put together and RTF (minus changing out ESC connector to a Deans) was less than 30 minutes. It probably would have been faster if i didn't have my 3 year old helping.

The plane is VERY solid. The landing gear is really impressive.

In flight.

It took a flight to get the CG and trimming just right, but once it was dialed in the plane flew on rails. Very solid at both high and low speeds. Landing was easy, but the plane did seem to carry a lot of inertia so it needed a little room to bring it in.

It had plenty of power to pull out of long grass on 3S and off pavement it took off in just a few feet. Really impressed with how nice it flies.
Old Sep 06, 2013, 01:21 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,036 Posts
So it will fly on 3 cells? -- what size and what kind of flight times? I have more less standardized on 3 cell 2200's and sort of afraid they wouldn't be enough for this one. Any feedback or comments?
Old Sep 06, 2013, 01:25 PM
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,688 Posts
I fly mine on 3s 2200s. I have my timer set to 5 minutes and I have yet to hit LVC.

I will try it on 4s and report back with a comparison.
Old Sep 06, 2013, 02:34 PM
Team Hitec
Joined Apr 2005
210 Posts
Well I think I can be of some help here. I have over 20+ flights on mine. I can't say enough about this fun little extra! From the moment I opened the box I was impressed with the material and quality. It literately took me 15 minutes from box to first flight. Now I am a seasoned multiplex builder but this is on a whole new level. NO GLUE! 6 screws and snap on hinges and your done!
The first flight I did was in my front yard of my cookie cutter neighborhood. I was impressed with how solid it seemed in the air and was blow away with how it stuck to the ground upon landing. It wasn't until I took it out to the field that I fell in love with the plane. 19 of the 20 flights I have on the plane were done on 3s 2200-2500 packs. The plane did not have unlimited vertical and could not hover. This did not take anything away from the plane in my opinion. I had a blast doing imac maneuvers, high alfa knife edge, rolling harriers, and some good ol sport flying. The plane looks absolutely beautiful in the air and is a joy to watch. I have all sorts of 3d planes and I have really spent more time on this plane than any of them this month . Just this last weekend I put a 4s pack in it for testing it. The plane now had unlimited vertical, could hover, and do insane poptops. The plane did however gain a little weight which made it do some cool tumbles and poptops. This did increase the wing loading slightly. It wasn't quite as floaty as it was with the 3s but still very manageable by a intermediate pilot.
This plane is a big hit out at my field as it looks and flys beautifully. We recently had a fun fly and had a huge turn out. I used the extra in the events and won 2 of the 3 events At the end of the events I just let everyone fly it and now there will be many more at the flying field in a couple of weeks.
I hope my experience with the model helps.
Brandon Chitty
Chitty3d is offline Find More Posts by Chitty3d
Old Sep 06, 2013, 06:26 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,036 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by i love nachos View Post
Sure. Well here is all my personal experience with the Extra so far.

From the time I opened the box until the time the entire plane was put together and RTF (minus changing out ESC connector to a Deans) was less than 30 minutes. It probably would have been faster if i didn't have my 3 year old helping.

The plane is VERY solid. The landing gear is really impressive.

In flight.

It took a flight to get the CG and trimming just right, but once it was dialed in the plane flew on rails. Very solid at both high and low speeds. Landing was easy, but the plane did seem to carry a lot of inertia so it needed a little room to bring it in.

It had plenty of power to pull out of long grass on 3S and off pavement it took off in just a few feet. Really impressed with how nice it flies.
One of my big questions - what kind of connector does it have on the esc?
Old Sep 06, 2013, 07:17 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
San Diego
Joined Dec 2005
160 Posts
Installed is the Green Multiplex M6 connector, you will want to cut this off and install your connector of choice. Luckily it is very easy to uninstall the motor and esc for easy access.

Shortly a build video will be uploaded that demonstrates this very clearly.
Old Sep 06, 2013, 07:22 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
Poway, California, United States
Joined Sep 2000
4,200 Posts
Beat me to it!

Mike.
MikeMayberry is offline Find More Posts by MikeMayberry
Old Sep 06, 2013, 09:04 PM
Joined Sep 2010
4,036 Posts
never heard of that connector. Does anything else use this one? Why can't manufacturers give in and use some standard connectors.
Old Sep 08, 2013, 05:38 PM
Cleveland, OH
Joined Aug 2008
1,688 Posts
I added a build video from Kurt at 2bfly.com in the first post. He did a great job as usual.
Old Sep 09, 2013, 07:58 AM
Joined Sep 2010
4,036 Posts
Bad old ears, but did he say in the video that you will need to change out the connector from the esc to receiver? Or is it standard for certain receivers? Also, how are the wheels and pants attached? Is it easy enough to change them to larger wheels without the pants?
Old Sep 09, 2013, 12:57 PM
Hitec/Multiplex USA
San Diego
Joined Dec 2005
160 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
Bad old ears, but did he say in the video that you will need to change out the connector from the esc to receiver? Or is it standard for certain receivers? Also, how are the wheels and pants attached? Is it easy enough to change them to larger wheels without the pants?
No, he did not say you will need to change out the connector from the ESC to the Receiver. The ESC has a normal servo plug for the RX. In the video he does say to remove the green M6 Connector and add the connector you prefer for plugging into your flight battery. BUT, he does add a Supplemental Power Connector wire (SPC) to this same male flight battery connector on the ESC.

This is optional and unique to the Hitec Optima Series of Receivers and allows the RX to transmit Main Battery Voltage via the built in Telemetry (and adds protection against brown outs).

The Wheel Pants are held on with screws and can be removed to add larger wheels.
Last edited by sspiker; Sep 09, 2013 at 01:05 PM.
Old Sep 10, 2013, 03:16 PM
Joined Jun 2008
53 Posts
Thought I might get in on this since I'm loving mine.

so far i'm loving mine, I put a Thunder Power 2250mAh 4S 70C pack and this things is unbelievably powerful. I maxed out all the throws by moving the z bends to the inner holes on the surfaces just to give it a little extra authority. its very stable, doesn't have any bad habits or weird coupling issues with my CG ( recommended CG by the way) lands like a dream and tracks very well. I'm working on convincing my friend to compete in Basic with it at the local contest.
here are some Pic
kim3D is offline Find More Posts by kim3D