HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 05, 2013, 02:25 PM
kings lynn, norfolk uk
Joined Sep 2007
597 Posts
Discussion
Turnigy Fbl & Futaba 7c

I brought the fbl100 with the ht8 module, i have it all binded to the handset etc, all servos moving as they should, the only problem i have is, if i move the servos with out applying power they move and retuen to centre as expexted, if i do it whilst the blades are spinning, they just stay were they are and dont return to centre, any one have any ideas or do i have a dud. also with regards to the 7c setup, are you supposed to have the gyro chnannel activated like on a normal heli?

Thanks
peter24 is offline Find More Posts by peter24
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 05, 2013, 03:59 PM
Joined Aug 2009
129 Posts
Hi,
Try spinning the heli up in your hand (please be very careful) without touching the right stick (assuming mode 2) then tilt the heli forward. The swash should tilt back. Then try tilting left and right. The swash should move the opposite way to the heli. If that happens all is well.
The reason the servos don't return to centre is the gyros, like a H/H tail gyro, want to hold the heli in the direction your last stick command told it to go. Quite often the manufacturer programs into to the mix gyros that return the servos to centre until the rotor is at, or close to take off speed. This is to minimise the heli tipping over before take off by errant cyclic inputs. Personally I leave the cyclis stick alone until the heli has left the ground. With the three axis gyros I find they don't want to shoot left and back like fly barred helis.
Hope this helps?
jackeb is offline Find More Posts by jackeb
Old Sep 06, 2013, 12:51 AM
kings lynn, norfolk uk
Joined Sep 2007
597 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I have it all sorted now, works perfectly. I was expecting to behave like my larger fbl helis.
Old Sep 06, 2013, 11:02 AM
kings lynn, norfolk uk
Joined Sep 2007
597 Posts
Just a thought. I take it there is no way to change the gain on the tail of these things as it is a bit waggy.
Old Sep 06, 2013, 11:43 AM
Joined Aug 2009
129 Posts
I don't believe there is but check on the WL922 thread (it's the same heli). I'm sure the guys there will be able to offer advice.
jackeb is offline Find More Posts by jackeb
Old Oct 25, 2013, 04:59 PM
Fort Worth, TX
Joined Jan 2005
38 Posts
Futuba 7CHP Setup?

Peter,

Would you share your setups on the 7CHP, please. I have been jacking with this thing for several hours and still haven't got it all figured out. And I don't know what I don't know.

Which Heli Type are you using. I started out with H-3 but the heli manual said 3 servo 120 degrees so I tried the HR3 too. Servo movement doesn't always seem to correspond to stick movemnet. Did you have to reverse any servos? I reversed the tail servo but the aileron and elevator seem backwards too, but when I reverse them things get even weirder.

I'm new to CP but finally figured out the Pitch Curve to get all positive pitch. But I guess I need to get into Idle-Up to take full advantage of the CP.

Any information you could provide would be helpful - the manual sure wasn't
Uncle Bud is offline Find More Posts by Uncle Bud
Old Oct 25, 2013, 07:11 PM
Joined Jan 2013
1,378 Posts
I've been flying my V922 with the 7c+HT8 and the settings I've are HR3, servos reverse on CH 1,2,4 and 6 and swash mix aileron +40, elevator +30 and pitch +30. There's no tail gain ch5 on this heli.
joeclone is offline Find More Posts by joeclone
Old Oct 25, 2013, 07:28 PM
Fort Worth, TX
Joined Jan 2005
38 Posts
Thanks, I will try that.

I appreciateyour response.
Old Oct 25, 2013, 08:30 PM
Fort Worth, TX
Joined Jan 2005
38 Posts
Joeclone,

Thanks to you I actually got it flying! Thanks for your help!

It is twichy as hell but I'll work on exponential and travel and on Idle Up to actually use the CP.

Thanks again, I am thrilled!

Buddy
Old Oct 25, 2013, 11:00 PM
Joined Jan 2013
1,378 Posts
Glad to have been of help, happy flying, enjoy.
joeclone is offline Find More Posts by joeclone