HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 08, 2001, 03:32 AM
All under control, Grommit!
United Kingdom, Aberdeen
Joined Sep 2000
12,444 Posts
Band of Brothers - the real-life heroes

My boy and I sat and watched the Band of Brothers programme last night- the one where the real-life vets of the 101st Airborne spoke of their experiencees. What a wonderfully made television programme - and so very moving. My son said "They are remarkable men to have represented their country like that" and I couldn't have put it better myself.

Brian
leccyflyer is online now Find More Posts by leccyflyer
Old Dec 08, 2001, 04:59 AM
Innisfil, Ontario, Canada.
Joined Dec 2000
455 Posts
You're absolutely right Brian, the whole series was excellent, thanks to Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg for bringing it to us.
Airnut 2 is offline Find More Posts by Airnut 2
Old Dec 08, 2001, 06:23 AM
n. cal
Joined Dec 2001
9 Posts
I was spell bound-good stuff. But I can't think about paratroopers with out feeling bad about the Brit's 6th airborne"Red devils" those poor Tommys or the Polish Brigade. Then I want to think about the Irish Guards in the lead of 30 Corps advancing on 1 road. Drop them on the target or don't drop them at all-that was a very hard lession to learn. I thank God for those boys because I most likely wouldn't be having this conversation with you guys.
Thomas
fromage is offline Find More Posts by fromage
Old Dec 08, 2001, 10:13 AM
Sitka, Alaska
Joined Mar 2001
248 Posts
I have watched each episode prob. 3 or 4 times and I love them, but when "Together we stand alone" came on it brought me to tears. Great interviews, VERY touching stories. After watching all the shows you feel like you went through the war with them and can relate to what their saying, I have actually found myself flinching during the shows when something happens. I do have to hand it to Hanks and Spielberg they put out a great series.

Lucas
Lucas in Alaska is offline Find More Posts by Lucas in Alaska
Old Dec 08, 2001, 07:47 PM
Cincinnati, Ohio USA
Joined Nov 2000
4,359 Posts
It's too bad that some of us Poor Folks don't have Cable, I would have loved to have seen it but $45 a month for Cable isn't in the budget.
Oh well, maybe some of these Epsodes will be sent to Video.
mrebman is offline Find More Posts by mrebman
Old Dec 08, 2001, 09:52 PM
Sitka, Alaska
Joined Mar 2001
248 Posts
I heard that HBO is going to release Band of Brothers on DVD and possibly VHS in Jan or Feb.

Lucas
Lucas in Alaska is offline Find More Posts by Lucas in Alaska