HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 12, 2004, 02:02 PM
tnt
Happylandings
Joined Feb 2004
49 Posts
Alert
Aero Hawk Heli

Has anyone else besides me purchased and flown one of these little buggers? I need help! TNT
tnt is offline Find More Posts by tnt
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 12, 2004, 04:09 PM
Melbourne
Joined Nov 2003
365 Posts
Search for 'Aerohawk' on this forum. You'll get heaps of hits.
ihug007 is offline Find More Posts by ihug007
Old Feb 12, 2004, 04:28 PM
USA, NY, Yonkers
Joined Aug 2002
1,636 Posts
I have one and I think it is a really nice heli. What do you need help with?
pc_pilot is offline Find More Posts by pc_pilot
Old Feb 12, 2004, 04:34 PM
Michigan
Joined Apr 2001
534 Posts
These micro heli's are hard to fly. It's a struggle for me even though I'm a fairly decent fixed wing pilot. If I didn't have my son (he's quite good at this) to help I'd probably never make it.

We found that the Aerohawk requires the blades to be pretty tight and should be set "advanced" from the 90 deg. position with respect to the flybar. If not set to this "advanced" position, the Aerohawk develops a severe wobble after a few seconds of flight. With the advanced blades the wobble is magically gone! We had even tried Piccolo blades to fix this - no improvement.

As an experiment, we started my son's highly modified and super stable FP Piccolo with blades in both retarded and advanced positions. The same tendency to wobble was there with the Piccolo's blades retarded, but the effect was so small that it was barely noticable.

Other posts have mentioned this and that's how we came to realize the reason for the wobble. I have yet to hear an explaination that makes sense.
Rob Hair is offline Find More Posts by Rob Hair
Old Feb 12, 2004, 05:14 PM
4-D traveller
New Location
Joined Dec 2003
620 Posts
Also make sure you have mode 2 tx. It's much easier and more intuitive to fly heli with this mode of control.

Rob Hair
Interesting to know that the Aerohawk is more likely than another heli to develop wobbles from retarded blades. I think the reason might be with the rotor head. The Aerohawk head has a plastic gap to fit the blade. Both sides of the blade around the mounting hole are in contact with the hub. On the other models, only one side has contact. Now centrifugal force can more easily settle advanced blades than retarded blades, more so on the Aerohawk because of more friction in the hub.
glxy is offline Find More Posts by glxy