HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 27, 2013, 08:35 AM
Working to make things happen!
Joined Mar 2013
1,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangkomit View Post
The Power of Hubsan H107C with 808 #16 v2 camera (photos teaser):

I was able to fly mine with the 808 #16, no mods, for about 2 minutes with about 25 percent throttle to spare. But, everything got very hot, so I doubt I will fly it this.way much. Maybe mod it. But, I have an HD cam version coming, so I may wait. HD aerial video in a package this small is amazing! I remember not terribly long ago looking at an HD video camera, and the salesman telling me if I was on a budget, go with a standard def camera. He said the price of the HD version of a video camera would never really become affordable enough for the consumer. Ha, was he wrong. My phone does HD, my photo camera shoots HD, and now, my micro quad will shoot HD.
HeliStorm (FPV America) is offline Find More Posts by HeliStorm (FPV America)
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV America Petitioning the FAA
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 27, 2013, 09:25 AM
Hubsan X4 - H36 - V911
Indonesia, Jakarta
Joined Oct 2012
1,138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliStorm View Post
I was able to fly mine with the 808 #16, no mods, for about 2 minutes with about 25 percent throttle to spare. But, everything got very hot, so I doubt I will fly it this.way much. Maybe mod it. But, I have an HD cam version coming, so I may wait. HD aerial video in a package this small is amazing! I remember not terribly long ago looking at an HD video camera, and the salesman telling me if I was on a budget, go with a standard def camera. He said the price of the HD version of a video camera would never really become affordable enough for the consumer. Ha, was he wrong. My phone does HD, my photo camera shoots HD, and now, my micro quad will shoot HD.
I just re-test lifting 808 cam and got 4 minutes until lvc and the motors is not very hot. It is hot but touchable.
The camera module of H107C needs a power although it on stand by mode. Therefore as you can see from my images, I removed the camera module to save the power and weight.

HD camera version has much better video quality compare to standard camera, i think you better wait for it
bangkomit is offline Find More Posts by bangkomit
Old Sep 27, 2013, 04:38 PM
Donetsk,Ukraine.
Joined Sep 2010
221 Posts
Hubsan, when can we expect a HD camera for sale? Thanks
gekanukr is offline Find More Posts by gekanukr
Old Sep 27, 2013, 04:58 PM
Joined Apr 2011
313 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gekanukr View Post
Hubsan, when can we expect a HD camera for sale? Thanks
+1 This
jdoo is online now Find More Posts by jdoo
Old Sep 27, 2013, 11:01 PM
Joined Jan 2013
658 Posts
By the way guys, I just got my X4 107c

I had only chance today to fly it indoors, its raining when I came home.
I will had to test the 107c outside tomorrow, and take some videos.

Until now, hmmmm, at least indoors I feel that it has the same amount of power as the v252, even with the 8.5mm, I thought I would feel more power on it.
I will have to test it tomorrow outdoors to see if im wrong or not.
I will try to test the YD717 props on it, to see if it improves a little the performance.

About the Tx, I think my right stick came defective. At the center point of the stick, its like loose, I dont know how to exactly describe it, but sometimes the quad starts drifting backwards, and I think its because of that loose point of the right stick.
A little dissapointed about that.

The good thing, is that I got a red color!!!...I was really hoping to get that. Not the black one with red strips, its totally red, and I like that, totallhy different to my other quads
Tboost is offline Find More Posts by Tboost
Old Sep 28, 2013, 03:29 AM
Joined Jul 2010
134 Posts
Well I've just finished installing the FPV gear into my Hubsan H107C! The weight looks to be about the same as stock however due to the length of the camera the battery now has to sit about 3mm further aft. Initial test flights in the backyard are promising, If it doesn't rain tomorrow I'll take it down to the field and give it a run!

I've installed:
1280MHz Micro VTX + CAM Combo+
Pololu 5V step-up PSU
For those interested, the mini 200mW 5.8GHz modules will also fit!

And here's some pics of the build!
Name: DSC02518.jpg
Views: 400
Size: 202.7 KB
Description:

Name: DSC02519.jpg
Views: 296
Size: 144.0 KB
Description:

Name: DSC02520.jpg
Views: 250
Size: 211.5 KB
Description:

Name: DSC02521.jpg
Views: 246
Size: 177.9 KB
Description:

Name: DSC02522.jpg
Views: 278
Size: 228.4 KB
Description:

Name: DSC02523.jpg
Views: 247
Size: 142.8 KB
Description:

Name: DSC02524.jpg
Views: 278
Size: 233.7 KB
Description:

Name: DSC02525.jpg
Views: 241
Size: 191.9 KB
Description:

Name: DSC02526.jpg
Views: 259
Size: 152.2 KB
Description:
Nellik is offline Find More Posts by Nellik
Old Sep 28, 2013, 09:35 AM
Joined May 2013
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboost View Post
By the way guys, I just got my X4 107c

I had only chance today to fly it indoors, its raining when I came home.
I will had to test the 107c outside tomorrow, and take some videos.

Until now, hmmmm, at least indoors I feel that it has the same amount of power as the v252, even with the 8.5mm, I thought I would feel more power on it.
I will have to test it tomorrow outdoors to see if im wrong or not.
I will try to test the YD717 props on it, to see if it improves a little the performance.

About the Tx, I think my right stick came defective. At the center point of the stick, its like loose, I dont know how to exactly describe it, but sometimes the quad starts drifting backwards, and I think its because of that loose point of the right stick.
A little dissapointed about that.

The good thing, is that I got a red color!!!...I was really hoping to get that. Not the black one with red strips, its totally red, and I like that, totallhy different to my other quads
I use personnaly the Ladybird V2 props for the Hubsan X4 any version.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...uad_Q_Bot.html
Malartic2012 is offline Find More Posts by Malartic2012
Old Sep 28, 2013, 09:43 AM
Joined May 2013
40 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nellik View Post
Well I've just finished installing the FPV gear into my Hubsan H107C! The weight looks to be about the same as stock however due to the length of the camera the battery now has to sit about 3mm further aft. Initial test flights in the backyard are promising, If it doesn't rain tomorrow I'll take it down to the field and give it a run!

I've installed:
1280MHz Micro VTX + CAM Combo+
Pololu 5V step-up PSU
For those interested, the mini 200mW 5.8GHz modules will also fit!

And here's some pics of the build!
Attachment 6137595

Attachment 6137596

Attachment 6137597

Attachment 6137598

Attachment 6137599

Attachment 6137600

Attachment 6137601

Attachment 6137602

Attachment 6137603
If you install these props, it will help you also for the weight
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...uad_Q_Bot.html

I was just looking for a setup like yours. Please make a video and tell us how far and to what attitude you can you still see something on this FPV and if there is not too much noise. However, I am concerned about the power consumption of the battery.
Malartic2012 is offline Find More Posts by Malartic2012
Old Sep 28, 2013, 09:25 PM
Joined Jan 2013
658 Posts
After making some tests outside today, I can tell you guys that the YD717 props are waaay better than the stock ones. The 107c has more lifting power, is faster of course, and its just as agile as it is with the stock ones.
You get 1.5 - 2mm clearance between the props, wich is enough.

Hope it helps someone out there.

Cheers
Tboost is offline Find More Posts by Tboost
Old Sep 28, 2013, 09:33 PM
Joined Jun 2013
285 Posts
great to see the fpv mod!

I finally got my C today. The stock camera push button is pretty finnicky. Took many presses to get it to start and stop recording. Any tricks?

With the FPV mod, are you just soldering the +/- from the step up psu into the hubsan board in place of the stock cam board? It'd also be nice to know what frequencies the 5.8ghz board supports: http://www.fpvhobby.com/220-rtf-58gh...combo-set.html
wintermoot is offline Find More Posts by wintermoot
Last edited by wintermoot; Sep 29, 2013 at 12:46 AM.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 05:33 AM
Joined Jul 2010
134 Posts
Okay so I took the FPV H107C for a run today but unfortunately my DVR didn't record the flights for some reason so no videos... I must say I was a little disappointed with the result - I'm using a modified Walkera devo 8S + 1W wifi booster for control and I could barely get 100m until I started getting lockouts. In addition my mini 1.28GHz module has somehow shifted frequency down to 1.24GHz putting the harmonic smack in the middle of the 2.4 band which isn't helping things... I shall do some range tests this week with the VTx disabled and compare the results. I suspect I'll have to install a 5.8 module in it though.

That said I was having a ball flying it! It's just so responsive and easy to fly! Video was almost perfect - had a bit of motor interference in the video but only at high throttle - hardly even noticeable at hover. I also swapped out the stock lens for a wide angle one which helps in the tight spots. Once I solve the range problem this thing is gonna be awesome!

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by wintermoot View Post
With the FPV mod, are you just soldering the +/- from the step up psu into the hubsan board in place of the stock cam board? It'd also be nice to know what frequencies the 5.8ghz board supports: http://www.fpvhobby.com/220-rtf-58gh...combo-set.html
Yeah I just soldered the video gear to the same place the DVR was soldered to. I'm pretty sure that fpvhobby sells the 'E' variant of the SkyRF 5.8 modules (5705, 5685, 5665, 5645, 5885, 5905, 5925, 5945 MHz)
Nellik is offline Find More Posts by Nellik
Last edited by Nellik; Sep 29, 2013 at 05:40 AM. Reason: added quote
Old Sep 29, 2013, 12:18 PM
Joined Jun 2013
285 Posts
Hey Nellik, how was the flight time? The 1.28ghz current draw is 150mah but the 5.8ghz is 300mah. It was linked earlier that BG is selling a 500mah battery now that should fit in the H107C's bay reasonably well. That should help a bit coming from 380mah stock.
wintermoot is offline Find More Posts by wintermoot
Old Sep 30, 2013, 10:12 AM
Working to make things happen!
Joined Mar 2013
1,187 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bangkomit View Post
I just re-test lifting 808 cam and got 4 minutes until lvc and the motors is not very hot. It is hot but touchable.
The camera module of H107C needs a power although it on stand by mode. Therefore as you can see from my images, I removed the camera module to save the power and weight.

HD camera version has much better video quality compare to standard camera, i think you better wait for it
I am impressed you got 4 minutes. I may have to remove the cam module and try again. It would be a little weight savings, but definitely a battery savings it sounds like. As soon as my HD version arrives, I think I am going to convert my original version to FPV, so removing the cam module will probably happen soon anyway.

I am impressed by the durability of this quad. I need to post up video where the quad accidentally fell into a storm drain. I managed to get it out, and other than replacing a prop, it was fine. I also accidentally landed in shallow water this last weekend. Again, it survived. My biggest issue with this quad is its small size, and the effect it has on orientation. Once you loose the orientation, it moves so quick, things can get out of control quick. Both incidents I listed above resulted from lost orientation.
HeliStorm (FPV America) is offline Find More Posts by HeliStorm (FPV America)
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV America Petitioning the FAA
Old Sep 30, 2013, 10:57 AM
Donetsk,Ukraine.
Joined Sep 2010
221 Posts
A few videos (quality sucks)
Hubsan X4 107C crash (1 min 38 sec)

Hubsan x4 107c flying high (3 min 31 sec)

Hubsan x4 107c in the field (2 min 24 sec)
gekanukr is offline Find More Posts by gekanukr
Old Sep 30, 2013, 11:40 AM
Spain
Joined Jan 2010
457 Posts
yeps

Quality sucks,
not the camera, moreover the "overstability" of the quad, which compensates really quick in every moment so threre´s no way to avoid the shacky films.

I personally get a lot of jellyfish effect , wonder if this will happen with the FPV model too.

Saludos,
Jose
Doblao is offline Find More Posts by Doblao