Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio

Hobby People Activator EZ AC/DC LiPo & NiMH Charger

Automatically chargers 2S to 6S LiPos and 1 to 15 cell NiMH battery packs

Splash

OVERVIEW

This is a Hobby People Activator EZ LiPo Battery Charger. The Activator EZ charges 2S to 6S LiPo and 1 to 15 cell NiMH battery packs with just the press of a button. Everything is automatic, so there’s no complicated guesswork. You get a safe, high-quality charge every time. This fully automatic charger detects battery size and capacity and sets the charge rate to the optimum safe charge setting, every time. Use it anywhere because it works both with AC 110V and DC 12V Input.

FEATURES AND SPECIFICATIONS:

• Automatic Detection of Battery Cell Count and Capacity
  • Automatically Sets Charge Output
  • Integrated Cell Voltage Balancer for LiPo Batteries
  • Highly Accurate LiPo Balance Charging +/- .01V
  • High-Power, High-Performance Charge Circuit
  • XH-Style LiPo Balance Ports
  • Power Input: DC 11 to 18V / AC 100 to 240V
  • LiPo Charge Rate: Up to 5.0 Amps (50 Watts Max)
  • NiMH Charge Rate: Up to 5.0 Amps (50 Watts Max)
  • Power Output: 50 Watts
  • Charge Rate: Up to 1.5C
  • Battery Type: LiPo 2S to 6S (Series) / NiMH 1 to 15 Cells
  • Includes Output Power Adapter for T-Connector - Other Adapters Available Separately

Part number: 118546
Price: $49.99

Visit the site for more info on products from Hobby People!

Discussion

Old Nov 26, 2013, 11:46 PM
Joined Mar 2006
2 Posts
NOT so good,

Bought the charger for my son (9yo) Liked the one button idea for his car charging needs.

Plugged it into a wall outlet. After about 20 mins started noticing that warm / hot electronics odor coming from it. Touched it, okay it seams to be too hot. Let it go another 10 mins. Yep smells pretty bad like its way too hot. Went to get my thermal temp gun. Now about 40 mins into the charge, it is almost too hot to touch and the thermal Temp gun is showing over 200 degrees...... Waste of $50. No charger should operate at that temp. around lipos. Typical HP quality. The Harbor Freight of the RC world. Maybe I got a bum one, but my house and my safety is worth a charger that does NOT bear the Global Distributors Hobby People name.

NOT RECOMMENDED. SAVE your money, gas, and time.
jedijingle is offline Find More Posts by jedijingle
Old Nov 26, 2013, 11:53 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,389 Posts
Looking at the specs and layout of the plugs on the right side, it looks a lot like a B6 in a different case, without the informative display. Even if it didn't run hot, and the problem described above could just have been a fluke/bad batch you can get more value for your money by getting a B6 with display.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 27, 2013, 08:46 AM
United States, CT, Brookfield
Joined Jun 2013
2,110 Posts
I would contact them and see if they have had similar issues. You could very well get a new unit that works properly or some type of refund. Don't just let this go.
Paul Onorato is offline Find More Posts by Paul Onorato