SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 27, 2013, 03:15 PM
United States, OH, Hamilton
Joined Oct 2006
99 Posts
Discussion
help q-brain install with kk2

I am not sure how to hook this up and program it, is there anyone out there that can give me a run through of setting this up?

http://oddcopter.com/2013/05/13/hobb...uadcopter-esc/

hooked up to a newly flashed kk2

also how do I get this reciever
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...inPort_Rx.html

to the kk2, do I need a special cable to get the sbus connected?

also where do I start for a setup for my dx8
bigemike is offline Find More Posts by bigemike
Last edited by bigemike; Aug 27, 2013 at 03:23 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2013, 05:37 PM
United States, TX, El Paso
Joined Jul 2013
32 Posts
Bigmike in this forum there is a whole section on the kk2 board that should answer your questions. Also you can go to hobbywing, or hobbyking web site and you will find the manual for the ESC.

John
jbovinich is offline Find More Posts by jbovinich
Old Aug 27, 2013, 06:07 PM
Joined Oct 2006
99 Posts
there is no info in the manual, I understand the kk2 just fine, its the speedo and how to install it that is the problem, thanks
Old Aug 27, 2013, 06:26 PM
Build, Fly, Crash, Repeat
United States, OK, Blanchard
Joined Apr 2012
280 Posts
http://www.hobbywing.com/download_show.asp?id=83
same thing as the Hobbywing Skywalker Quattro
Fotophanatic is offline Find More Posts by Fotophanatic
Old Aug 27, 2013, 08:37 PM
Joined Oct 2006
99 Posts
thanks guys, the website manual is a bit better than the one included in the package. lol
Old Aug 27, 2013, 10:21 PM
Build, Fly, Crash, Repeat
United States, OK, Blanchard
Joined Apr 2012
280 Posts
The unit itself is pretty straight forward. I've got the Hobbywing version and love it. Need another one now.
Fotophanatic is offline Find More Posts by Fotophanatic
Old Oct 05, 2013, 03:21 PM
caracas - venezuela
Joined Jun 2010
6 Posts
hi guys need help, on my bumblebee I installed a Quattro hk.20 a.esc.hoock to sheng tian fc.similar to naza.and m1 to m4 connections all individual setting an calibration programed o.k.on esc.and st-1setting o.k. but when try to arm, using all csc.combinations it dosen,t work. I connect Quattro esc. direct to rx.and work like a charm. I notice when connect to fc.beeps on motors are abnormal beep-beep every 1sec.instead of 123 tones when connected to rx.direct. I presume something wrong on fc. any help will appreciate,thanks
heymaj is offline Find More Posts by heymaj
Old May 07, 2014, 10:56 AM
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Feb 2013
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heymaj View Post
hi guys need help, on my bumblebee I installed a Quattro hk.20 a.esc.hoock to sheng tian fc.similar to naza.and m1 to m4 connections all individual setting an calibration programed o.k.on esc.and st-1setting o.k. but when try to arm, using all csc.combinations it dosen,t work. I connect Quattro esc. direct to rx.and work like a charm. I notice when connect to fc.beeps on motors are abnormal beep-beep every 1sec.instead of 123 tones when connected to rx.direct. I presume something wrong on fc. any help will appreciate,thanks
bumping another old thread here... trying to find answers.

i have installed a Qbrain on d KK2.1 and get the same beep every 1-second. i can't get this quad to fly right in self level. it works fine in manual (albeit lethargically/needing tuning + stick scaling). Each of the qbrain channels has been calibrated with the hub directly to my RX. I'm sure I have the wires connected to the right channels (switched the M3 to the M1 spot for powering the board,etc - if you've set one of these ESCs up you know what I mean).

I'm ready to give up on the all-in-one ESC, but seeing this post I'm curious if it couldn't be something with my KK board. I haven't tested it yet with regular/individual ESCs.

Please let me know if anyone has had this symptom - escs beeps every second or so prior to arming - slight twitch from each motor. Does not appear to fly in auto-level before going into a pretty bad oscillation and crashing.
cruisin_psu is offline Find More Posts by cruisin_psu
Old May 07, 2014, 10:59 AM
Prog Rocker
Down South
Joined Jul 2009
336 Posts
Hey folks, saw this post, since I use the Qbrain and kk combination, and after similar issues, I used the throttle hub, and problems solved.
See link in Ebay below:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HOBBYWING-Th...item4d16862f65
Camelboy is offline Find More Posts by Camelboy
Last edited by Camelboy; May 07, 2014 at 11:00 AM. Reason: text
Old May 08, 2014, 02:28 AM
France, PACA, Grasse
Joined Dec 2006
79 Posts
I've being trying to get me Knuckle quad to fly for over a week now with the qbrain and a KK2.1. I've spent hours going throug forums and youtube looking for different wiring configarations and still no joy. I've changed Tx and Rx just incase it was an issue with that, I've re-flashed the KK2.1 board a couple of times in case it was that..... I have calibrated the throttle several times and no I'm at a total loss of what to do. I really am loosing my patience with the Qbrain....
The problem I'm having is that once the KK2 is armed, I throttle up and it just about leaves the ground and then the motors start fluctuating and then it becomes unstable and drops to the ground. The Orange Rx I'm using to starts flashing orange which i think means there is a probem with the power supply......

If you have a Qbrain esc setup with a KK2 board, please post some photos to show people your setups that have worked for you....
CJGFX is offline Find More Posts by CJGFX
Old May 10, 2014, 10:43 AM
France, PACA, Grasse
Joined Dec 2006
79 Posts
FINALLY!!!!

After another couple of hours on the Qbrain setup I have got everything to work and have had a couple of successful flights with my Flight Test Knuckles Quad.

The solution was to rip out all the wires and start again. The first thing was to put the power supply cables into the S3 plug, this then become Motor 1. After that I ran up the motors one at a time to make sure they are all powered by the correct KK2 output and going the right way. I also calibrated the throttle via the KK2 board and not the 4in1 hub as I have previously.

Now every thing seems to be running right, just a little tuning to do on the PI levels on the KK2 and it's flying very nicely with good response.
CJGFX is offline Find More Posts by CJGFX
Old May 29, 2014, 03:26 PM
Joined May 2014
2 Posts
i have the same issue, can you send photos

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJGFX View Post
FINALLY!!!!

After another couple of hours on the Qbrain setup I have got everything to work and have had a couple of successful flights with my Flight Test Knuckles Quad.

The solution was to rip out all the wires and start again. The first thing was to put the power supply cables into the S3 plug, this then become Motor 1. After that I ran up the motors one at a time to make sure they are all powered by the correct KK2 output and going the right way. I also calibrated the throttle via the KK2 board and not the 4in1 hub as I have previously.

Now every thing seems to be running right, just a little tuning to do on the PI levels on the KK2 and it's flying very nicely with good response.
can you please upload a photo or give me more details
sozon1 is offline Find More Posts by sozon1
Old Jul 01, 2014, 08:13 AM
Joined Mar 2014
205 Posts
Any updates or pics?
Trying to get my KK2.1.5, QBrain F330 working right.
wesalbert is offline Find More Posts by wesalbert